[Resurrected] Worst Pack in Club's History?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Darren

Bencher
After reading we are probably resigning Mason I went through the squad and realised how little talent we actually have left in the pack. Losing Glenn, Choc, Kitey etc has been huge.

Nearly all of our pack are players that were cut or not wanted by their clubs. Mason, Horo, Symonds, Mason, Garbutt (maybe), Lawrence, Mateo,Luke Burgess, Lui, Starling and Lefao. Even Buhrer came here for a chance however Ferris is going great!!!

That is madness how many battlers we have in our first grade squad. No wonder we have declined. Yes I know injuries but compare those forwards to most packs and you would choose players from other clubs. Some of our backs must be on huge dollars as we really only have quality in Jake who wouldn't be on big dollars yet. Luke Burgess was always known as the useless brother.Jake would be the only forward that most clubs would want!!

Nate Myles will definitely help but even he isn't regarded enough by Titans as worth spending big dollars on to keep. We need more talent than all these journeymen. How can The Dogs have all these star forwards when we literally have none? We have to throw the chequebook at 2 top of the line forwards. Klemmer, Evans from Roosters etc who will be the leaders for next 5 years with Jake.

Rant over but some teams surely aren't playing fair.

After reading we are probably resigning Mason I went through the squad and realised how little talent we actually have left in the pack. Losing Glenn, Choc, Kitey etc has been huge.

Nearly all of our pack are players that were cut or not wanted by their clubs. Mason, Horo, Symonds, Mason, Garbutt (maybe), Lawrence, Mateo,Luke Burgess, Lui, Starling and Lefao. Even Buhrer came here for a chance however Ferris is going great!!!

That is madness how many battlers we have in our first grade squad. No wonder we have declined. Yes I know injuries but compare those forwards to most packs and you would choose players from other clubs. Some of our backs must be on huge dollars as we really only have quality in Jake who wouldn't be on big dollars yet. Luke Burgess was always known as the useless brother.Jake would be the only forward that most clubs would want!!

Nate Myles will definitely help but even he isn't regarded enough by Titans as worth spending big dollars on to keep. We need more talent than all these journeymen. How can The Dogs have all these star forwards when we literally have none? We have to throw the chequebook at 2 top of the line forwards. Klemmer, Evans from Roosters etc who will be the leaders for next 5 years with Jake.

We are getting left behind in the TPA era.

Sao and Jake have made the most of the chance to play in the top grade this year. Symonds, Horo and Lui have had some solid games. Mason has proved a good short term signing imo. I don't think it's all doom and gloom.

What equal last not all doom and gloom? Quality of a pack is judged on the open market what of our pack would attract offers. Jake and Ferris everyone else would be battling 2 get a start.

It is very unfair and premature to label our pack the worst ever. I think to be fair our pack is no where near full strength. We have had no Lawrence all season, Starling for a total of 3 games and various other injuries have forced so many changes.

With Nate Myles coming on board, I expect Jake Turbo and Ligi to really improve and if we can get in one quality back rower that will really help us.

the games we have won this year are when the forwards play tough and get on top of their opposition, we are losing games in other areas, poor ball control, disjointed attack, the long sweeping backline plays with brett stewart wrapping around are non existent this year. i think myles will be a great signing, has the game and personality to be a bk type influence on those around him, the game has changed this year, the dogs and souths are struggling too even with their forward pack rosters

The Bulldogs supposedly have the best pack in the competition.............how are they going??? The problem is not our pack! The problem is that we have not had a full compliment of players to choose from! We were top 4 all year last season with a so called 'average' pack & only injuries caused us to fail at the last hurdle!! We had no Kite, Watmough, Stewart, Fa'aoso for most of the year & Buhrer injured yet still managed. I think our pack can match it with, however injuries have cruelled us so far! I have faith that we will be in the 8 & can go on from there!

the games we have won this year are when the forwards play tough and get on top of their opposition, we are losing games in other areas, poor ball control, disjointed attack, the long sweeping backline plays with brett stewart wrapping around are non existent this year. i think myles will be a great signing, has the game and personality to be a bk type influence on those around him, the game has changed this year, the dogs and souths are struggling too even with their forward pack rosters
The long sweeping backline plays only happen when we are close to the line. Fact is we don't have the cattle to get us close to the line. We are constantly kicking on the fifth tackle 60 metres out. Hence not many drop outs for repeat sets. Management knows that so mason signing is stop gap solution. Expect signings for 2017. Be patient.

I don't agree with a lot of this but I will assure everyone a good pack does not mean you win games.

Here's the proof.

Jackson, Klemmer, Tolman, Pritchard, Graham, Eastwood, TRex.

It is very unfair and premature to label our pack the worst ever. I think to be fair our pack is no where near full strength. We have had no Lawrence all season, Starling for a total of 3 games and various other injuries have forced so many changes.

With Nate Myles coming on board, I expect Jake Turbo and Ligi to really improve and if we can get in one quality back rower that will really help us.

Lawrence and Starling wouldn't be keeping any packs up at night. Lawrence has had 1 good year for us. Starling at best is a bench player.

The long sweeping backline plays only happen when we are close to the line. Fact is we don't have the cattle to get us close to the line. We are constantly kicking on the fifth tackle 60 metres out. Hence not many drop outs for repeat sets. Management knows that so mason signing is stop gap solution. Expect signings for 2017. Be patient.

Why are we waiting for 2017? Mason doesn't deserve another contract at all.

Our pack may lack names But if we had our full compliment Of Lawerence ( knocking on the door for origin and test ) Burher (still capable at origin ) with Symonds Starling Jake Leary Sao and with Myles next year they that could be your staring pack and you have Mateo, Horo , Lefeo, Lui
Thats not a bad pack
for all the forwards that bulldogs have they are struggling with there game
Melbourne perform with reject forwards
Cowboys have enough test players in there pack but cant get there
Souths are not as dominant now without Sam
The point is If you can get a team that works for each other in the forwards you dont need all the big names in your pack and get the game plan right The forwards we have should get the job done but if you don't the results wont follow
And really if you dont have a classy 1/2 back you wont get the job done anyway

Symonds was rated highly at the Roosters and they wanted to keep him. Just ask Gus Gould.

I take your point though. Gone are the days when we had the most feared forward pack in the game. I still think we have one of the best backlines around (when they're all fit and firing, that is).

Surprised Mason is getting another contract. He brings experience but not a lot else.

T

Totally agree! This is a list of players we will probably have to choose from:
Nate Myles, Jake Trbojevic, Luke Burgess, Brenton Lawrence, Josh Starling, Blake Leary,
Jamie Buhrer, Ligi Sao, Jesse Sene Lefao, Tom Symonds, Dunamis Lui, Feleti Mateo,
Willie Mason, Mitch Garbutt?
Have I missed anyone........Nothing wrong with these guys! We could have a very competitive pack from this list!!!

I still think we acquire Lussick. We have acquired Myles. That's an aggresive, formidable front row.

To replace them off the bench, young Jake comes in.

At his best Mateo is great, and Leary is great. Buhrer is outstanding when fit and firing.

Then, to fill the remaining spots we'd have Brenton Lawrence and Luke Burgess.

There's a few things i do as a coach to make more yardage , especially out of our own zone.

FASTER PLAY THE BALLS. You hear that Taufua, Mateo and Hiku !!! Look at The Chooks, as soon as they are tackled, they are getting up to play the ball. Our polynesians, heck, even snake and others are.playing the ball slowly, so our forwards are running against set defenses, not ones on the back foot as they get inline like the Chooks forwards face.

Its about attitude and effort. No more of these Taufua shoukders down, head to the ground 7 second flippin play the balls.

Secondly, our forwards are shortening their strides as they approach the defensive line. The best forwards (SBW, Burgess, JWH, Scott) do the opposite, and lengthen theirs. But thats a courage, and form thing.

Third, don't turn your back when you reach the opposition (Mason, Lawrence, Starling and others). Again, creates slow play the balls, meaning the next ball runner is facing a set defense.

These are the reasons we make little after contact metres.

I recently heard on NRL 360 I think it was how important ruck speed is etc, and Toovey supported that theory, but either coaches and administers it poorly, or his players dont buy into it.

We have the players and ability. We lack the execution and determination consistently, and a lot of it isnt the forwards, but guys like Taufua loafing in the play the balls.

Nate Myles will definitely help but even he isn't regarded enough by Titans as worth spending big dollars on to keep.

We should judge Miles' value by what the Titans are willing to pay? Seriously?

The essence of beating the market is in seeing value that others don't recognise. The Titans don't exactly have an outstanding record in beating the market.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4