Would An Outsider Be A Better Option

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Just putting it out there and I guess the senior players like Lyon, King, Watmough, Stewarts etc would need to be consulted.

A Bellamy or Stuart might have advantages in the recruiting department.

I don't like the "we need to stick with our own" theory as the be all and end all.

Personally I would hate to see Tooves overlooked but they will look at all possibilities.

With all the **** that Bellamy cops on here, I would take him in a heartbeat. Very, very good coach

Whoever takes the job will be worried about the factors that influenced Des' decision and that may stop a Bellamy etc.

We have had an outsider from Penrith for the last 8 years and won two premierships so it can work. Though this one has ended badly so it can go wrong as well. I think a Manly boy like Tooves is the best option.

bones said:
We have had an outsider from Penrith for the last 8 years and won two premierships so it can work. Though this one has ended badly so it can go wrong as well. I think a Manly boy like Tooves is the best option.

The butthurt is strong in this one, Des is and always will be known as a tough manly utility half and legend, we will do better now he is leaving

The Eagle said:
bones said:

The butthurt is strong in this one, Des is and always will be known as a tough manly utility half and legend, we will do better now he is leaving
I agree he would have been known as that if he had left in better circumstances, Eagle,however I fear his reputation is now tarnished. With a lot of the Manly faithfull he is regarded less kindly.

It's a tuff gig working for and under incompetent fools who constantly bicker amongst themselves. Playing silly games with people's lifes and careers. Underhand deals, Petty jealousy and bloody minded people always looking for one upmanship.

Been there - suffered that.

Ceagle said:
When does Bellamy's contract end? We would be mad not to offer him something.

I understand 2012 is Bellamy's last, but I would say the Storm would not want to lose him.

No to Bellamy, Stuart and that little St George face slapper or that moron from Drugcastle. Look within our own. Toovs is The Man, with Cliffy smokin in the background. Why import people we hated. That doesn't make any sense.

DSM5 said:
No to Bellamy, Stuart and that little St George face slapper or that moron from Drugcastle. Look within our own. Toovs is The Man, with Cliffy smokin in the background. Why import people we hated. That doesn't make any sense.

I agree and hope they make an announcement sooner rather than later. Sign Toovey for 3 years with an option.

It would be funny to get Bellamy no doubt the guy can coach.
Bellamy would find it pretty easy to coach Manly both sides play a similar style.
Sticky teams play with plenty of emotion.
Brown has Huddersfield improving all the time and is cutting back on imports

Moondog said:
The Eagle said:
bones said:

I agree he would have been known as that if he had left in better circumstances, Eagle,however I fear his reputation is now tarnished. With a lot of the Manly faithfull he is regarded less kindly.

I blame the board, not the manly man

RE: Would An Outsider Be A Better Optiont

Jerry1 said:
Have you ever got a new job?

If that's directed at me, yes I have.
I don't have a problem with DES going to the dogs (I'm upset but don't hate him for it).

I was making the point that according to most posters on here DES is a traitor, no longer a legend of the manly club etc, but they are happy to have bellamy (who has also been called every name under the sun on here in the past).

Doesn't make much sence to me ???

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6