Would love to see Manly do this......

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Whatever, I don't really see the need for RL to enhance its already celebrated image as a blokes only sport. I would rather we play up the family aspects of the game, lest we end up with only young dicks as fans.

Some of the other NFL follower's will know the work the some of the Cheerleader's groups do i.e Dallas Cheerleader's go over to war zones and do a show for the troops.

BTW if Rugby League done the cheerleading thing properly they would also have males in it as well.

Ant80 link said:
Some of the other NFL follower's will know the work the some of the Cheerleader's groups do i.e Dallas Cheerleader's go over to war zones and do a show for the troops.

BTW if Rugby League done the cheerleading thing properly they would also have males in it as well.

And I am all for anything that increases the appeal of RL, I just think its a balance thing, does the idea of a cheerleader calendar attract more fans then it offends/turns away. Not sure, really not too bothered to be honest.

The other point is good tho, we should send the whole squad of cheerleaders to a third world county during the off season, get them to do some work and film the whole thing, sell it too one of the networks.

Rusty link said:
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=185866.msg304368#msg304368 date=1288430039]

And I am all for anything that increases the appeal of RL, I just think its a balance thing, does the idea of a cheerleader calendar attract more fans then it offends/turns away. Not sure, really not too bothered to be honest.

The other point is good tho, we should send the whole squad of cheerleaders to a third world county during the off season, get them to do some work and film the whole thing, sell it too one of the networks.
[/quote]

The sale of calender's probably allow's the NFL cheerleader's to do this

Professional cheerleading in the US is underpinned by the college system.  Its a fairdinkum and depending on your organisation, a highly paid job.

I don't think a calender would be bad thing for our girls to do, but realistically the volume needed to sell to achieve these sorts of activities isn't going to happen here.

Maybe not a bad idea although I'd like to see cheer girls at Manly with some dancing talent. Really need to maybe do some auditions rather then someone going down to mona pub on a Thursday night and clearly finding whoever they can get.
Ok so i'm joking but our cheer girls are by far the worse in the league by some way, in terms of dancing ability, coordination and rhythm anyway.
Might get in trouble for saying it but its true.

We had a calendar which the cheerleaders featured in for the 2010 season and anyone who renewed or took up membership by December 2009 received one in the members pack.

TB - there are auditions each season for cheerleaders and the group is choregraphed by Monique Carroll (Mrs Spud) and go pretty good I think.

Ryan, I agree that it's great to see the littlies getting a run on the Oval and they love it

tractorboy link said:
Maybe not a bad idea although I'd like to see cheer girls at Manly with some dancing talent. Really need to maybe do some auditions rather then someone going down to mona pub on a Thursday night and clearly finding whoever they can get.
Ok so i'm joking but our cheer girls are by far the worse in the league by some way, in terms of dancing ability, coordination and rhythm anyway.
I can honestly say that after having researched their profiles ( purely for authenticity), I find the girls are very well qualified in dance of various forms. Many, many times I have been spellbound by their professional choreography.

Bias aside, they are the best in the league IMO. ;D

tractorboy link said:

Each routine seems to involve them bending down to touch their toes, lets keep it that way ;)

moniques been with them since 95 from memory..  i remember an interview with spud & he bought it up how his missus is the head trainer of the cheer girls. she been with manly for ages..

A Manly calender in general would be awesome.. and I think there's a 2011 one cos not too long ago George said on twitter he'd just finished the photoshoot for it :)

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6