Would Soward be the worst pick-up?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
With news out that Soward is being shopped around... what do people think? Would he really be the worst option?

If Penrith are paying some his salary, would having him kick long on the last 80% of the season for two years while we develop Wright or our Under 20's prospects be a terrible idea?

He does get injured a lot, but he is a better option that Issac John or Moltzen. Maybe not better than having Lyon at 6 and giving Turbo a start...

I am not sure what my opinion is yet, which is why I ask....

Hmmm tough one. We need someone to complement DCE.

I always thought Soward struggled when he was the main ball player and had pressure on him - that wouldn't be the case at Manly, so he could work if he was cheap enough. Having said that; I want Bird at 5/8, otherwise we might be better off trying one of our other options like Korisou, Lyon or Mateo.

Last edited:
Would the most hated player in the NRL be a good pickup is the real question...this guy is a less enterprising version of Chris Sandow.

Please no....all we need is Meoward signing and then talkin in the third person ...... , another panfer and we might as well call ouselves the the penriff sea eagles....a big no thanks.....

Yeah, there's a reason Beau Ryan took the piss out of him on the Footy Show before Sowie had a sook...

Lyon apparently doesn't want to play 5/8 and Barrett wants both Api and Parcell out there all game. My guess is they both split DH/5/8 in some weird hybrid based on whoever is closest to the play the ball.

Penrith Panthers general manager Phil Gould rubbishes rumours surrounding Jamie Soward
54 minutes ago
FOX SPORTS
PENRITH Panthers have issued an emphatic denial of reports star playmaker Jamie Soward is being offered to other NRL clubs.

Fairfax Media ran a story on Sunday claiming Soward’s departure from Penrith is all but guaranteed, with the 30-year-old being “shopped to rival clubs”.

Panthers executive general manager Phil Gould took the unusual step of issuing an extended statement on Twitter to assure fans and media that Soward is going nowhere.

“6 weeks ago I had (an) honest discussion with Jamie,” Gould wrote.

“He agreed he struggled in 2015 after several setbacks. I advised that if he wasn’t 100% motivated to play, I prefer he retire to start a coaching career with (the) Panthers.

Biggest hits of 2015
external

v1

“Jamie has since apologised for 2015 & committed to giving 100% for (the) Panthers next year. That’s all we ask of any player. An in form Jamie Soward is very important to us. He will do it.”

Soward is coming off a frustrating year that, like many of his Panthers teammates, was blighted by injuries.

He is halfway through a four-year contract at Penrith but according to Fairfax Media he had been allowed to leave early, with the Warriors named in the report as a club that was initially interested.

Originally published as Panthers hit back at Soward rumours

No. He's injury prone, another one over 30, and that's before you get into the fact that he's a knobhead.

Surprisingly, Killer even has a better career goal kicking percentage than Soward.

Good goal kicker, won a comp under adversity (much like Orford did in 2008). Who cares if he's hated. We've all been hated since the70's haven't we ?

He is not hated, he is loathed for all the wrong reasons (hello milkman). He is a princess sook that's been punted from every team he has played with (bar the London broncos for a 6 month stint).

Why on gods green earth would anyone want a 3 time punted player ?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4