Wouldnt you hate to be a sheep in new zealand tonight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
Imaging the celebration reaming those poor wooly bastards are gonna get tonight after they won the world cup. Im cringing for the poor little lambs.

To our resident Kiwi, KE congrats mate and go easy on the little lamb mate dont spilt it in two bro  ;D

Zep link said:
very poor that lockey got MOTM... only sour note out of a good game.
I thought the same thing until they named Slater as player of the series. The guy gifted NZ their last 2 tries.

New Zealand can take this cup home and drink sheeps milk out of it as they will never win the real (rugby) world cup. 

DSM5 link said:
Tooks, rugby's a girls game.

I would put the rugby hard men up against any of the league tough guys any day.  Willo O, slaggy miller and steve Lidbury would match any league player.

To New Zealanders rugby is their religion and has been for decades.  When you visit NZ all they ever talk about is rugby.

The whole country goes into mouring every time they don't win the workld cup and they would gladly hand the rugby league world cup back in exchange for the rugby world cup as it means so much more to them.   

League guys make it in rugby, very few make it the other way.  I strongly doubt whether rugby's hard men could go the distance in a league match.  Fitness would bring them undone.  There's way too much walking in rugby and the whole game really doesn't make up more than 20 minutes of ball play.  Rugby's got the 'head up the arse' thing covered and that's about it.  Willy, Slaggy and Steve couldn't hold a candle to Kite, Perry, Choc or Stewie.  Rugby's chasing our guys, not the other way around.     

tookey link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=178936.msg203483#msg203483 date=1227400695]

I would put the rugby hard men up against any of the league tough guys any day.  Willo O, slaggy miller and steve Lidbury would match any league player.

[/quote]

What about Dempsey Joy

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=178936.msg203489#msg203489 date=1227410315]
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=178936.msg203483#msg203483 date=1227400695]

[/quote]

What about Dempsey Joy
[/quote]

I thought that you were going to say James Black.  He was one of the real hard men of rugby. 

Great thread title.

As for the kiwis having the World Cup lite, it is as Tooks says - they'd give 5 RL World Cups for one Rugby one.

And plenty of rugby players made it in league including some of the so-called toughest league men like Ray Price, Michael O'Connor etc. 

Only the useless rubbish that can't make it in Union make the switch these days.  Why play league when you can earn 3 x the money in Union?

Matabele link said:
And plenty of rugby players made it in league including some of the so-called toughest league men like Ray Price, Michael O'Connor etc. 
Garrick Morgan may have been a better example than Snoz :)

DSM5 link said:
Who's the etc guy Mata?

etc stands for Kevin Ryan and Rex Mossop who both played rugby for Australia before also playing league for Australia.

To be fair, the majority of forwards who came across from Rugby to League were dismal failures. Ray Price is up with Mossop and co, as is our own BK. Not too many other pigs made it.

There was a time in the 70s and 80s in which many average league players crossed from League to Rugby to star in that game. People like Michael O'Connor, Tony Melrose etc were in contrast to the Brett Papworths and Matt Burkes who never really captured their Rugby form in League, though a lot of that had to do with their ability to cope with the more physical defensive game. It is not surprise that all the time spent on defence in Rugby is run by ex-League players.

Papworth was cruelled by injury and Burke made a fair fist of things while at Manly.  James Grant had a good career post switch, as did Scott Gourley. 

It's funny how Garrick Morgan's name always gets thrown up, but he was a flash in the pan in Union - only had one season with the Wallabies and wouldn't have held his spot when Eales was in his pomp anyway.

Peter Jorgenson and Ryan Cross are two others that made a sucessful transition from union to league. 

Forget about Jarrod Heaney and Tony Daly (and Doug Rollerson) though.

Ryan Cross was an Aussie Schoolboy fullback who went straight from school to the Rorters He was fullback in the same Aussie Rugby Schools team that had Craig Wing at 5/8. He played at Waverley College but also played some junior league as well. Wing was from Sydney Boys High and played league for the Bunnies as a kid.

tookey link said:
Tony Daly (and Doug Rollerson) though.

These two were pure class - Doug Rollerson is my all time favourite union convert - he fitted in so well to the Bears

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4