WTF..........

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

madmax

Bencher
I have backed Trent Barrett to the hilt since he took over from Toovey. I have backed him week in week out with his selection policy, but I'm now doubtful he is the coach to get the best out of our players. His selections are really starting to piss me off. I was expecting a full compliment of players to choose from this week apart from Taupau & once again he's picked a team that looks like it will struggle against the Raiders! Halleluja for finally putting Lyon into 5/8 but very disappointed in some other selections. Williame instead of Wright....where is Taufua, Starling & Leary in but no AFB or Symonds? I know people are frustrated about Mateo but he adds so much when coming off the bench in my opinion. What has AFB done wrong to get demoted to reserves? He & Vave seem to be the only forwards that are capable of bending the line when on the field!! I was happy when the so called experts predicted us to finish top 4 at the beginning of the year & I laughed at other supporters who said we wouldn't make the 8.........looks like they were right! I'm becoming more & more disinterested. We recruited some of the best players & have done SFA.......for me our coaching staff is to blame! I'm joining the 'bring back Toovey' brigade! I understand many will disagree with my thoughts...............

Look at how he picks the team! He names 4 small players! Brown, Koroisau, buhrer and Leary! Leary is crap get rid of him. Brown played well last week we should keep him in the backrow IMO with buhrer. Koroisau has no point of playing. Parcell plays 80, Koroisau can play 5/8 if he is in the side. Willaime over wright! Has he heard of Braydens win loss record? How Myles isn't in reserve grade blows my mind! Stupid teams have stupid coaches. Baz should be given the season to turn it around but ATM it doesn't feel like manly ATM. I thought we would struggle to make the 8 now I suspect a bottom 4 finish...

Look at how he picks the team! He names 4 small players! Brown, Koroisau, buhrer and Leary! Leary is crap get rid of him. Brown played well last week we should keep him in the backrow IMO with buhrer. Koroisau has no point of playing. Parcell plays 80, Koroisau can play 5/8 if he is in the side. Willaime over wright! Has he heard of Braydens win loss record? How Myles isn't in reserve grade blows my mind! Stupid teams have stupid coaches. Baz should be given the season to turn it around but ATM it doesn't feel like manly ATM. I thought we would struggle to make the 8 now I suspect a bottom 4 finish...
A week ago you posted a diatribe about everyone being too negative.Make up your adolescent mind.

He named a team on Tuesday for the media only, very likely a lot of changes will be made.

Absolutely. We haven't had the named team run out 1-17 once this year to my knowledge. Zorba wrote in his column last week that Jorge will play against Canberra so expect him to be there.

He named a team on Tuesday for the media only, very likely a lot of changes will be made.

100%. A couple of selections I thought were fairly obvious - Api is probably there to cover if Walker doesn't back up from Origin (at 5/8, Killer back to centre). Would possibly not be counting on Myles playing either, with an AFB or similar on standby to come into the team last-minute.

I don't get the Williame hate TBH. His win/loss record is in no way his fault, and while I rate Wright as well, he did make at least one glaring error last week and I don't remember Williame putting a foot wrong. No big deal which of the Ws plays on the wing, either will get the job done. It may be neither, if Jorge and Snake are both in.

Do we ever name players in the team on Tuesday when they're returning from injury? I reckon 9/10 times they're a late addition.

Hi Turbo
Just some friendly advice. You have to try and find some possitives for the side mate. Otherwise you'll find no enjoyment following them.

I know your only young. And we've had a lot of successful years in the last 10 years. But that just isn't sustainable. Shock horror manly has had some seasons it hasn't finished in the top 8.

Just want you to be a happy manly supporter for many years to come.
Go mably. Or maybe go Manly :)

Last edited:
Personally think he has had a tough institution with injuries & any coach missing key players will do it tough.
Now I have my go to excuse out the way, here's my other thoughts.....

*Do not like/ understand his selections regardless of injuries....
*Do not like how he defends poor effort - yes defend players to a degree - but players accept their own lack of effort if the coach does....
*Players early energy is down in games & off the pace - again on the players, but a massive slice here belongs to the coach....Bellamy can have a depleted Storm side but regardless of the result...the players are in the fight.
*Regarded by many as a good tactician, have seen very little of this...very predictable, no adventure & in a nutshell- very flat - this is in attack & defence.

Really needs to breath life into Manly for a stretch of 4-5 games to win back the fans & more importantly, win the belief the players are obviously missing atm.

Something is going on behind the scenes, right in front of our eyes, people!! :confused:

toovey 1.png

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6