Yart v Storm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Napper

Bencher
1. Snake
2. Blair
3. Killer
4. Matai
5. Gutherson
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Lawrence
9. Ballin (hopefully)
10. Lui
11. Symonds
12. Starling
13. JSL

14. Lauaki
15. King
16. MCK
17. FIIK

Players that didn't put in, stay home and watch on tv.

Hopefully Ballin comes good. I kinda think he will. I hope:

01. Brett Stewart
02. Cheyse Blair
03. Steve Matai
O4. Jamie Lyon
05. Peta Hiku
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Brenton Lawrence
09. Matt Ballin
10. Jesse Sene-Lefao
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Dunamis Lui
13. Tom Symonds

14. OTHER
15. Jason King
16. Josh Starling
17. Justin Horo

Ryan said:

01. Brett Stewart
02. Cheyse Blair
03. Steve Matai
O4. Jamie Lyon
05. Peta Hiku
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Brenton Lawrence
09. Matt Ballin
10. Jesse Sene-Lefao
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Dunamis Lui
13. Tom Symonds

14. OTHER
15. Jason King
16. Josh Starling
17. Justin Horo

Choc is one of my favourite players to ever play for Manly. The continual hospital passes, crabbing and that horrible attempt on Inglis has me thinking he needs a real wake up call. Bench him next week.

6/71 said:
No Watmough? No Hiku?

One of them can be the 'FIIK' player.

I'm going to be unpopular here but with the talk of raiders/ sabotage of the club hiku wins fullback over Stewart atm. Not in skill but on commitment m

fLIP said:
I'm going to be unpopular here but with the talk of raiders/ sabotage of the club hiku wins fullback over Stewart atm. Not in skill but on commitment m

Snake's efforts in defence are show enough for me to say he's putting in 100%

Hiku seems way too frail.

Hiku is a terrible player at the moment. The younger guys are suffering with all the dramas in the papers/off field.

1. Stewart
2. Gutherson
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Blair
6. Foran
7. Cherry Evans
8. Lawrence
9. Littlejohn (Ballin if fit)
10. Lui
11. Watmough
12. Sene Lefao
13. Symonds

14: Faoso/Sao (even if unfit.. 5 min bursts will be better than not using a player)
15. Luaki
16. Starling
17. King/Tafua

I wouldnt mind seeing Tafua turned into a second rower. Hes hard to tackle and has enough pace.. but maybe an off season is needed to train him up. He should never play wing again.

id be curious to see what the KG sizes were against Souths. One of the papers said Lawrence is our biggest forward? It shows.

I dont think JLJ can play hooker.

Its such a key defensive position in the modern game.

Dont like to weaken a position but maybe Foz to 9, Killer to 6, Gutherson to to Hiku's wing.

JLJ can tackle.. he wasnt bad in defence. Cant play Horo there.. he is pathetic. Service was poor when he filled in a bit today.
Too many changes that way.. we need a straight swap. What about the under 20's hooker.

I agree his defence is very good, but maybe not good enough to control the centre of the ruck in a do or die semi final.

JSL and Lui have to start . They have the most mongrel in them up front . I would have Littlejohn at 9 if Ballin doesn't make it

Ryan said:

01. Brett Stewart
02. Cheyse Blair
03. Steve Matai
O4. Jamie Lyon
05. Peta Hiku
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Brenton Lawrence
09. Matt Ballin
10. Jesse Sene-Lefao
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Dunamis Lui
13. Tom Symonds

14. OTHER
15. Jason King
16. Josh Starling
17. Justin Horo

Not a bad team Ryan. I would swap JSL and Lui.
What do we do if Ballin isn't fit? Hiku to 9 and Gutherson to wing?

bob dylan said:
I agree his defence is very good, but maybe not good enough to control the centre of the ruck in a do or die semi final.

yeah maybe not but worth a go. We cant stick a player in there that cant pass or tackle. Horo there will be embarrassing. We cant afford to switch the whole team around either.. especially with the problems we already have.

This could get uglier.

NYEagle said:
Snake said:
I think Hiku is a problem at the moment.

They got done by simple run around plays, I haven't seen that since 1999

I just think he is continually getting caught out with a lack of pace (Auva'a down the touchline for example), and he is really struggling to make any yards down our own end. Sure, the forwards are struggling too, but we need a winger who can get into dummy half and zip pass the markers for a few handy metres, not a hit up merchant running one off the ruck getting driven back 5 and 10 metres at a time.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4