Yes Taufua !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EagleFromMay1967

Sky Punching : send them High as the Clouds
Only two matches back and already being talked about as a SOO winger.

Delighted to see he's even more powerful around the shoulders and knows precisely how to 'palm off' would be tacklers. Running well and strongly, with great pace.

Snake set him up, but he WAS THERE to capitalise. Isnt it great to see him back ! :)

His defence is not SOO standard though :cool:

They tried the Merrit experiment last year and it failed.

With all the available fullbacks, at least one wing spot will be taken up.

Hard to see Lozza pick a side that will be competetive for all three games :cool:

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Only two matches back and already being talked about as a SOO winger.

Delighted to see he's even more powerful around the shoulders and knows precisely how to 'palm off' would be tacklers. Running well and strongly, with great pace.

Snake set him up, but he WAS THERE to capitalise. Isnt it great to see him back ! :)
Agree. As we all know, Snake would've zoomed in at one time, but not wanting to over do it, he was immediately looking for support, and along came Jorge!
Good on 'em both!

For the last couple of weeks people have been talking about how fast Michael Morgan is, but Jorge left him in his wake. I thought Snake could have held off on the pass a little more to make it easier but obviously he knew exactly what he was doing.

Hopefully his defence and handling gets up to speed as well soon.....lol.

Seriously though it's good to have him back and I won't be concerned if Daley doesn't pick him for Origin.

His touch and feel for the game should improve each week back that he chalks up.

His tackling and reading of the play isn't too bad. His bomb taking ability is suspect at best. He'll be put under plenty of pressure in Origin. He will give the Blues great metres coming out of our own end if he gets selected.

Should have been picked last year.

Instead of the guy who at the time was running for more metres in the NRL than anyone and was the top try scorer you went with Nathan Merrit.

I still think if Snake had dummied to Jorge and pinned his ears back he would have scored himself. Either way, the try was scored and we ended up winning so its no drama. And after he was run down by

Had a look on he NRL website this morning. After only playing 3 1/2 games out of 7 so far this year, guess who is leading the NRL in try assists? Snake may not be scoring as many himself these days, which in itself is a shame (he's not scored a try at all this year), but he is more than making up for it by putting his team mates over for a try.

I can see both Jorge and Skivvy scoring a lot of tries this year thanks to the Snake's passing skills.

As for Jorge Taufua.....does anyone else think that one day he'll end up in the back row? With his size, strength and speed he'd be a perfect second row forward. Maybe a lock, but I don't know if he has the passing game just yet. But then they used to say the same about Michael Hancock at the Donkey's didn't they and he stayed out wide.

I agree that Jorge will move to the centres long before Tooves will think about moving him to the pack. But he does has the size and strength to be a very damaging second rower. And with his speed not many will catch him provided he's fit.

I noticed that after he got the pass from Snake, for the first 5-10 metres he was actually looking to pass back inside. Then he decided that he could score and just went for it (plus he'd have seen Morgan would have been in the way of a pass). He made the right decision IMO.

I suspect Stewart isnt stretching out and scoring himself, because of his suspect hammy. Its gone on him several times when he's been at full flight. Got to give it to him that he is clever enough to adapt and move at 3/4 pace and set up his outside or inside man. Opposition that way are not sure if he is going to sprint for the line or pass the ball. He's doing the right thing and probably adding a year or two to his career.

HoldenV8 said:
As for Jorge Taufua.....does anyone else think that one day he'll end up in the back row?
I read once that one of the reasons he left the Eels was because they wanted him to play in the forwards.

He's good where he is, just leave him there. People are always saying some three-quarter or other would make a good back-rower but not very many actually convert successfully.

A few years ago Hasler was asked about putting Matai into the forwards (at a time when many 'experts' here were calling for it) and he gave a very curt 3-word reply, "Matai is a centre''.

Edit - I mean 4 word reply!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6