Yet another dan debate for settling

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
MK Eagle said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Play NRL then it won't matter.

NRL foward passes pale in significance to Rugby Yawnion whaich at times could be mistaken for NFL!!

I think a good ball player can pass off either front or back foot & the most importantant thing is body position.
If you are attacking direct the chances are better of getting the pass right as facing foward you have a true indication of the angle of the pass.
Travelling sideways or diagonal its far easier to misjudge the pass & the slightest poor timing from the distributer or the runner can lead to that overly flat pass.
He could also be a victim Dan of propping at the line & often a good ball player will stop or travel backwards at the defence line engaging the X defender, presenting a gap for the runner, often looking like a foward pass but is really the perfect pass.

He certainly isn't a ball player, he is so uncoordinated I reckon he would give himself a black eye every time he tried to clap.

I am a ball player and do the majority of it for the team, however as we are already in the semi finals and can't be knocked out of our position I have stepped back and let a few of the other guys have a bit more of a go so they can learn, and especially letting the girls in our team learn a bit more about football, angles and what to look for and expose.

However this guy ran 3 times from dummy half in a row and tried to throw a ball to the winger cutting out 3 players who were all flat, it wa never going to work and what made it worse was it was second tackle 10 out from our line.

He misunderstood my instruction at half time which was quite simple as we had an extra man. I told them to run to the outside of the second last defender and pass the ball to the outside of the edge defender to create a two man overlap. No idea how he misconstrued that to run to the centre of the field and throw a rainbow forward pass. He wasn't grasping the concept of creating a gap and playing to the outside, he understood outside, as "The winger" even after saying to him on the field. Don't do that, you will keep throwing it forward and there is no need to throw the cut out when we have an extra man and when you aren't throwing a flat bullet cut out you are just giving the defense time to move sideways, he still did it.

it's just hard to give him advice when he frustrates me so much and lacks coordination and skill and the ability to understand. If I don't understand the instruction clearly I ask to be shown or ask for clarification.

MK Eagle said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Play NRL then it won't matter.

NRL foward passes pale in significance to Rugby Yawnion whaich at times could be mistaken for NFL!!

I think a good ball player can pass off either front or back foot & the most importantant thing is body position.
If you are attacking direct the chances are better of getting the pass right as facing foward you have a true indication of the angle of the pass.
Travelling sideways or diagonal its far easier to misjudge the pass & the slightest poor timing from the distributer or the runner can lead to that overly flat pass.
He could also be a victim Dan of propping at the line & often a good ball player will stop or travel backwards at the defence line engaging the X defender, presenting a gap for the runner, often looking like a foward pass but is really the perfect pass.

He certainly isn't a ball player, he is so uncoordinated I reckon he would give himself a black eye every time he tried to clap.

I am a ball player and do the majority of it for the team, however as we are already in the semi finals and can't be knocked out of our position I have stepped back and let a few of the other guys have a bit more of a go so they can learn, and especially letting the girls in our team learn a bit more about football, angles and what to look for and expose.

However this guy ran 3 times from dummy half in a row and tried to throw a ball to the winger cutting out 3 players who were all flat, it wa never going to work and what made it worse was it was second tackle 10 out from our line.

He misunderstood my instruction at half time which was quite simple as we had an extra man. I told them to run to the outside of the second last defender and pass the ball to the outside of the edge defender to create a two man overlap. No idea how he misconstrued that to run to the centre of the field and throw a rainbow forward pass. He wasn't grasping the concept of creating a gap and playing to the outside, he understood outside, as "The winger" even after saying to him on the field. Don't do that, you will keep throwing it forward and there is no need to throw the cut out when we have an extra man and when you aren't throwing a flat bullet cut out you are just giving the defense time to move sideways, he still did it.

it's just hard to give him advice when he frustrates me so much and lacks coordination and skill and the ability to understand. If I don't understand the instruction clearly I ask to be shown or ask for clarification.

Dan your problem seems obvious, don't play with co-ords. You need to go on a recruitment drive.

Front foot / back foot doesn't matter, if you have any spatial awareness than you can throw forward or backwards off either foot. It could also be as much the fault of the outside runners if they don't position themselves to allow a backwards pass.

Dan your problem seems obvious, don't play with co-ords. You need to go on a recruitment drive.

Front foot / back foot doesn't matter, if you have any spatial awareness than you can throw forward or backwards off either foot. It could also be as much the fault of the outside runners if they don't position themselves to allow a backwards pass.

no the outside runners are running to catch up to the ball. He is just a gumby but I am trying to help him out

no the outside runners are running to catch up to the ball. He is just a gumby but I am trying to help him out

you can lead a horse to water Dan........

(but it takes two to hold it's head under it)

you can lead a horse to water Dan........

(but it takes two to hold it's head under it)

Seems he may be a winger, not a middle man Dan.....if he has pace & knows how to position well to hit the ball at pace & hug that sideline.
Too many wingers sqeeze in during attack, cramping the field nullifying the attacking room for the mids & links to move & create.
Probably the only option I would add Dan is having him straighten & give early ball to the link who can angle into space drawing the opposition winger or show & go into space??
Then again theres certain players you can break down game situations in laymens terms & still come up with scrambled eggs....he just may be the golden goose!!

Seems he may be a winger, not a middle man Dan.....if he has pace & knows how to position well to hit the ball at pace & hug that sideline.
Too many wingers sqeeze in during attack, cramping the field nullifying the attacking room for the mids & links to move & create.
Probably the only option I would add Dan is having him straighten & give early ball to the link who can angle into space drawing the opposition winger or show & go into space??
Then again theres certain players you can break down game situations in laymens terms & still come up with scrambled eggs....he just may be the golden goose!!

Im thinking of making him captain of the bench.

Im thinking of making him captain of the bench.

Daniel said:
I am having a bit of a debate with a friend who I have mocked a little for the amount of forward passes he throws when we pla touch or oz tag.

I keep criticising his technique and mainly his foot placement.

I maintain that to make the ball go back it's not just about hands and playing off the front and back foot impact the direction of the ball.

So my question is, do you think playing off the front foot will result in more forward passes, playing off the back foot will result in more, or do you think there is no real difference.

I can attest that there is a difference I see if every game I reg but I will leave that opinion to myself of exactly which I believe as not to influence debate.

Dan

Tell the rest of the team to stop over-running the play. It's all their fault.

Daniel said:
I am having a bit of a debate with a friend who I have mocked a little for the amount of forward passes he throws when we pla touch or oz tag.

I keep criticising his technique and mainly his foot placement.

I maintain that to make the ball go back it's not just about hands and playing off the front and back foot impact the direction of the ball.

So my question is, do you think playing off the front foot will result in more forward passes, playing off the back foot will result in more, or do you think there is no real difference.

I can attest that there is a difference I see if every game I reg but I will leave that opinion to myself of exactly which I believe as not to influence debate.

Dan

Tell the rest of the team to stop over-running the play. It's all their fault.

Not in this case, the players are running to try and get to the ball and rarely if ever get their hands on it. Completely and utterly the ball players fault.

The other team forfeited last night so I couldn't go over it with him. With finals next week I need spend a few minutes with him to show him how to do it

Not in this case, the players are running to try and get to the ball and rarely if ever get their hands on it. Completely and utterly the ball players fault.

The other team forfeited last night so I couldn't go over it with him. With finals next week I need spend a few minutes with him to show him how to do it

Daniel said:

Every good ball player knows it's the other players fault. The rest of them should know what he's thinking and be in the right spot. Surely you guys can see what he did, can't ya?!?!?

Daniel said:

Every good ball player knows it's the other players fault. The rest of them should know what he's thinking and be in the right spot. Surely you guys can see what he did, can't ya?!?!?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2