You bleed Manly?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MWSE4LIFE

Reserve Grader
After reading thread after thread, this has got to be asked.

I consider myself a true fan. I'm that one eyed, sit on the hill, buy the jerseys and support my club through whatever, kinda supporter. Im no Roy Master "silvertails". I'm a Mighty Sea Eagles supporter.

Ok the biggest gripe is this Foran/ DCE saga. I get it. But you'd better batter down the hatches cause a decision is coming good or bad. Have you thought of the different scenarios? Who stays, who goes? How you going to react? We carry on about Choc being a petulant child but are we any better?

Me. I like them both. They are awesome players. They are just confused young men held to ransom by their management (or mismanagement) teams. You really think hey are calling the shots? Orr and co are leveraging for a bigger commission, that's it. Why you think Parra gave Choc a mic? They knew what their doing. He's not Kingy. How was your decision making in your 20's? Took me till 40 to know what I was doing.

Maybe Foz and DCE read our forum and we're adding to their confusion. Ever thought of that. We want team unity but fight amongst ourselves. Must give them a lot of confidence.

In my short time here I have written a few posts to try and get some camaraderie amongst us and stop the negativity. United Manly. It's not Manly footy team that I've lost faith in, it's the fans.

I've accepted what footy is this days. A business which need it's fans, us, to survive. But if we can't work it out, what chance does my beloved team have?

I just know whoever stays or goes we will keep being successful. Always will.

Wanna help. Buy the gear. Go to games. Write or support positive posts. Encourage more corporates to get involved.Toughen up. Embrace it. Accept it and support whoever wears our colours......or follow someone else.

You bleed Manly?

A Mighty Eagles Supporter
Nev

Last edited:

I consider myself a true fan. I'm that one eyed, sit on the hill, buy the jerseys and support my club through whatever, kinda supporter. Im no Roy Master "silvertails". I'm a Mighty Sea Eagles supporter.

Ok the biggest gripe is this Foran/ DCE saga. I get it. But you'd better batter down the hatches cause a decision is coming good or bad. Have you thought of the different scenarios? Who stays, who goes? How you going to react? We carry on about Choc being a petulant child but are we any better?

Me. I like them both. They are awesome players. They are just confused young men held to ransom but their management (or mismanagement) teams. You really think hey are calling the shots? Orr and co are leveraging for a bigger commission, that's it. Why you think Parra gave Choc a mic? They knew what their doing. He's not Kingy. How was your decision making in your 20's? Took me till 40 to know what I was doing.

Maybe Foz and DCE read our forum and we're adding to their confusion. Ever thought of that. We want team unity but fight amongst ourselves. Must give them a lot of confidence.

In my short time here I have written a few posts to try and get some camaraderie amongst us and stop the negativity. United Manly. It's not Manly footy team that I've lost faith in, it's the fans.

I've accepted what footy is this days. A business which need it's fans, us, to survive. But if we can't work it out, what chance does my beloved team have?

Wanna help. Buy the gear. Go to games. Write or support positive posts. Encourage more corporates to get involved.Toughen up. Embrace it. Accept it and support whoever wears our colours......or follow someone else.

You bleed Manly?

Nev
Um, no, don't tell me how I should support my team. I prefer to do things my own way, thank you...

Nice post Nev. I'm with you mate. I sincerely hope they both stay but if one goes, or heaven forbid they both go, life goes on and the sun will still come up tomorrow.
Go the Mighty Eagles!!!

Me. I like them both. They are awesome players. They are just confused young men held to ransom by their management (or mismanagement) teams. You really think hey are calling the shots? Orr and co are leveraging for a bigger commission, that's it. Why you think Parra gave Choc a mic? They knew what their doing. He's not Kingy. How was your decision making in your 20's? Took me till 40 to know what I was doing.

You bleed Manly?

Nev
Onya Nev, did I tell you it's sunny in Brissie this arvo!!!

At the end of the day, as much as you might have your all time favourites, its the club you go for, not individual players. Whoever they put out I will support. If we got through the Northern Eagles, anything else should be a walk in the park.

At the end of the day, as much as you might have your all time favourites, its the club you go for, not individual players. Whoever they put out I will support. If we got through the Northern Eagles, anything else should be a walk in the park.

G'day AB. Love the name, and love your outlook. The NE days were character building. Those that refuse to acknowledge them are weak. Would have given you 10 likes if possible!

To be honest I think most people started supporting a team for the simple fact of liking the colours or emblem as a kid or just randomly picked a team---the club itself had no meaning to a kid.

So you pick a club and start supporting might even see a little of yourself in the demographic or club culture and build on your simple support from the start, it then just becomes a habit you embrace and get addicted to.

I've always enjoyed the technical side of the game analysing performance and structures, was more of a fan back in my teens and lost some fan passion once the Northern Eagles started up but still supported in a very stand offish way.

Regained the fan side of me again once Manly returned but nowhere near the same levels as it was before the SuperLeague mess and joint venture.

Not big with merchandise and would only wear a little of the gear on game day like a shirt or cap but not always.

Still a big fan but in my own way.....

Good post Mwse4life .
I buy the shirts (home + away) and I have the Victory pack from "11. In sport the 3 things I care about are LFC, Leeds Rhinos and Manly sea eagles. This forum is infectious. I find myself on here every ten minute or so incase I miss any developments in our halves scenario. My lady and I are getting married next year , if I had my way the honeymoon would be in Manly :)

To be honest I think most people started supporting a team for the simple fact of liking the colours or emblem as a kid or just randomly picked a team---the club itself had no meaning to a kid.

I fall into this category, growing up my parents didn't follow Rugby League at all. Was going on a snow trip with dad when i was 5 and mum grabed the first scarf off the rack at the shops which happened to be a MWSE one. Growing up in the West didn't make things easy but the more ppl bagged the club the more i loved them and still do to this day.

You bleed Manly?

Nev
Nice post nev. Born and raised as a one eyed Eagles. Agree thoroughly. There'll always be those that want to pretend you are dictating what they should do but they don't get it. The more negativity the more instability it festers. And as a bloke just older than dce and foz I reckon I would be reading all the crap that's said about me online. That might just be my personality but it's pretty bad when so many people are saying they don't want them. i want to see the club successful and I reckon we have a better opportunity with them here

Whilst there has been a lot of negativity in recent weeks/months, I think we all have to realize that that is what happens when you are a PASSIONATE supporter. Because you are protective of your turf, you are protective of your club, and you desperately want them to do well and represent us in the best possible light. I would be a little more disappointed if people weren't concerned about DCE and Foran and what's happening, or the whole saga last year with Choc, or the treatment of Gift.

I will always support Manly, no matter what. But that doesn't mean I wont question their decisions, or be disappointed in how the club handle things, or how some players handle situations. To me supporting a club is like your family. You stand by them through thick and thin, but that doesn't mean you're not hard on them. In fact often quite the opposite, you demand higher standards because they are your family and you desperately want them to succeed and do well.

I will always support Manly, no matter what. But that doesn't mean I wont question their decisions, or be disappointed in how the club handle things, or how some players handle situations. To me supporting a club is like your family. You stand by them through thick and thin, but that doesn't mean you're not hard on them. In fact often quite the opposite, you demand higher standards because they are your family and you desperately want them to succeed and do well.

Yep, the most successful teams are their own harshest critics.

I see myself as a true fan.

I just got back from a cruise. I was wearing my Manly jersey throughout the cruise. Followed by my Manly t shirt when the jersey got some beer stains on it.

All the myxomatosis fans wearing their appalling red and green finally got to me. They continued to deride me for supporting Manly and not some crap team like West,Souths, etc..

I got them back though. I got up one karaoke night and sang Eagle Rock with the one other manly fan on the ship.

If you ever heard me sing - well you'd understand.

I left them with the - "to all the Manly haters out there - well Manly hates you too."

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7