You made the right choice Des

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Snake&TurboTomofBrookie

Reserve Grader
I believe without a doubt that Des Hasler made the right decision choosing Jamie Lyon as the goal kicker for Manly as he never misses. He might just miss the odd one, but still, you made the right choice Des.

I agree, i've been impressed with his goal kicking since his time in the ESL. When he came here i always preferred Lyon to Orford with goal kicking.

With his ankle injury this year it was never a good idea to throw him straight into it when he returned. Rodney has been a good goal kicker in the meantime, so always better to ease him back in then to put more pressure on the ankle.

Lyon is our no 1 kicker.

agree ,once rodney missed one you could see his confidence went down and then he missed another,lyon is our no 1 but shanes a great kicker aswell,soon as jamie came back and took one it was like he never left though....

From Wiki

Lyon's performance for the Saints (Saint Helens) received praise from both the media and the fans. He was twice voted as the Super League Player of the Month by the readers of the British rugby league publication Rugby Leaguer and League Express. For rounds 13 to 16 he received 42 percent of the vote and for round 17 to 20 he increased his share to 67.5 percent of the vote.[29]

By seasons end, he had amassed 22 tries and 42 goals for a total 172 points; became only the fourth non-British player to be presented with the Man of Steel Award; was named the Rugby League Players Association Players' Player of the Year;[30] and was named as part of the media selected 2005 Super League Dream Team.[31]

In 2006, Lyon became the Saints number one goal kicker with captain Paul Sculthorpe reduced to replacement kicker. He was instrumental for the Saints as they won both the 2006 Super League Grand Final and the Rugby League Challenge Cup. In addition to the 88 points scored in the Challenge Cup, he almost doubled his 2005 premiership points tally with 328. As a result, he was once again selected as part of Super League Dream Team.[32]

Agreed, I still don't know why he persisted with Orford for so long. it's so nice to have goalkickers who can actually kick goals from the sideline! And Matai's a good goal-kicker too, he just doesn't need to get used much.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4