Young Fellas

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dessy

Reserve Grader
Harrison, Robinson, Hopoate, Buhrer, Cherry-Evans. all absoloutley superb. We've got a great mix of experience and youth now. With more games under their belt they will only get better. That enthusiasm in the second half was all because of the energy of Foran and the youngens. They give something to the team that players like Matt Cross don't.

Robinson has to push for a bench spot every week, totally understand why he was 18th man vs the scum. Hoppa is a freak and can play fullback, wing and centre. Buhrer is showing the potential Des knew he had and Cherry will get better playing behind a pack of strong forwards.

te two points is great but it is the energy of youth in the pack that was so obvious that will be the real benefit from this great day.des will love to glean  from this win that the pack needs exhuberance as well as experience.fantastic effort from players and in particular the coach.he had them believing.

Darren will be on here later, its a bit hard to type with his hands full of soggy tissues ):

The next generation is shaping up nicely-Buhrer...what an awesome talent he is. Punches well above his weight but just keeps going in for more.
I love the spirit we showed today as a team-that's the Manly I want to cheer for WIN LOSE or DRAW. But I will cop the win anytime.

Well done guys-the best performance I have seen for ages. Has Des Hasler inspiration written all over it. And nice that they gave BS a win for his first game as skipper!!!!

Fro link said:
Darren will be on here later, its a bit hard to type with his hands full of soggy tissues ):

Harsh - Darren was spot on obviously - the kids all worked wonders for us today.

Hell Ryan even a broken watch is right twice a day.

Having said that the younguns were good today, very good indeed.

the forwards adds exhuberance off the bench which is great and everyone agrees with that.but lyon and matai are essential and darren wont see that. give me harrison,buerher etc every day of the week but our experienced 3 and 4 will ice the cake.

Loved watching Manly play with enthusiasm,which came from the young blokes.
We all know injured/suspended big guns will get their spot back,but can these big guns produce the enthusiasm that we saw from the young fellas today??
Can't wait to see how Des is going to utilize the enthusiasm.

Who'd want his job hey??

TokyoEagle link said:
What experienced hand are you thinking of leaving out of the team?

I really don't know! That's why i'm not an NRL coach.Also as I said"who'd want Des's job"
Probably look at replacing George(although he played well today,i just believe not enough minutes in him)with Harrison.Thought Harrison showed he's right up to NRL standard.

All our injured/suspended players walk back into the team IMO. I agree about George, may find himself in trouble in the future if young Harrison keeps on playing the way he did today.

I absolutely  agree about the young guns.  Their enthusiasm was contagious and rubbed of on some of the longer term players.  I thought Choc had a very good game on the back of Foran's exhuberence.  Joe Gulavao and Seu Seu had good games as well.  The only downside I could see was Brent Kite although he played hard he seemed to struggle against the defence and didn't seem the make any impact.

But all in all a very good performance from all and I think Des will have a very nice headache when the injured and suspended players can return.

Well Done Boys you stood up.

KaZa link said:
who deserves chop when Glenn Stewart and King return?
Tony Williams and Joe Galuvao but it wont be. It will be Harrison and Robinson and thats going to be a shame.

KaZa link said:

Harrison will go for Stewart and Robinson for King.  Although I would seriously considering keeping Robinson.  He didn't do a great deal IMO but he was just so much more mobile than Kingy.  I think Kingy is the most far gone out of forwards.  He's just lost a bit of a pace and more importantly mobility.

Masked Eagle link said:
[quote author=KaZa link=topic=186976.msg325497#msg325497 date=1300623745]

Harrison will go for Stewart and Robinson for King.  Although I would seriously considering keeping Robinson.  He didn't do a great deal IMO but he was just so much more mobile than Kingy.  I think Kingy is the most far gone out of forwards.  He's just lost a bit of a pace and more importantly mobility.
[/quote]

Because King's suspension is only 1 week it will probably be Robinson, if he was given more time and played as he did yesterday I think Big George may have been in trouble.

When Glenn comes back I think we might see Harrison drop off.

Both these guys will be better for the experience and when given the chance, am sure they will be up to the task again. BTW, when is Glenn due bacK ?

Hoppa jnr looks like he's going to be something special. I can't beleive how big he is at his age, he's going to be a monster in a few years. The other young guys were great as well. It looks like we've got a few good juniors coming through and they'll only get better as they get more eexperience.

And btw I thought Gulavou was very good yeasterday. No way is he going to get dropped.

Fro link said:
Hell Ryan even a broken watch is right twice a day.

Having said that the younguns were good today, very good indeed.

He did not rate the youngsters that we have, well the forwards anyway. 

Anyway, whilst they were good today I am not getting ahead of myself.  But gee I am impressed with Buhrer this season, he is coming along very nicely. 

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4