Youngest backline in club history ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Just thinking about what will line up today, what a big ask it will be for the young fella's. Have a look at what we are fielding

Hopoate
Robertson
Whare
Farrar
Williams
Foran
Hodkinson

Is a real look at the future, good luck to all of the kids

Im usually bubbling on manlys game day.

Today is no exception x5 excitement factor.

I cant wait to see all these guys have a crack. Fingers crossed hoppa can have one of those games rookies dream of.

Doubt he could have that type of game mate - it's horrid weather - making it good for us with King / Kite / Cross and co. I guess.

Our backs are doing fine (half time on ch9).. its the lack of meters from our forwards that is bothering me.

Farrar's bomb taking has been inspiring though.

I thought they went OK Ryan, what I would expect of a pack of rookies anyway. Hopoate debut, Whare 1 game, Hodkinson 10 games, Foran and Williams would be in the 20s somewhere. Too many kids learning on the job for my liking

Actually I thought the forwards let us down not the backs yesterday

I was very pleased with the decisions Whare made in defence. 

Hoppa looked solid as well.

Very disappointed with both halves though, mainly that they did not attempt attacking kicks when in the oppositions half, merely bunting it down to the fullback. 

But don't get me started on our (at full strength) forwards.....

The side named this week will be interesting with probably the fewest players available in a long time - in addition already missing B Stewart, D Williams, Matai and Lyon, we could also be without blue arsed, King/Perry (origin?), and Bailey (had sense knocked in to him).  Foran didn't look 100% either in the game. 

What chance Deadwood will get a run?

Whare made 1 bad read when they made a big break, think it was the one he got back to save actually, but that is to be expected from a rookie

Hoppa, quite happy to be wrong about his capabilities at NRL level. I thought he would get bashed around physically and wasn't ready yet, but was very, very surprised to see his ability to keep the legs pumping post contact and keep going forward

I was surprised by the size of Hoppa.  He seemed bigger in the big boys team.  He went very well, got himself into the game a lot.  Ran the ball up strongly.  Pity those two origin hopefuls didn't.  I'll be shocked if they get a blues jumper. 

Average age under 21 would be up there as teh youngest ever.

Hoppa was solid but didnt have too much to do. Will be interesting to see if he switches to fullback this week

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8