Your Choice of FACTIONS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ramrod

Reserve Grader
Neutral:
Anthony Johnston (URM) gave guarantee to Penn and adamant there was absolutely no offer and no one representing him should have even been discussing anything.

Faction 1:
1. Delmege.
2. Quantum.

Faction 2:
1. Penn.
2. Zorba.
3. Football Staff, who loves Zorba.
4. Players, who loves Zorba.
5. ex Players, like BK who loves Zorba.
6. Some sponsors who are fans of Zorba, like AAA.

*** Gee, I wonder who should I back?
Ones whining and telling the world (via the media) about how much they have lost at Manly's bottomless black hole pit or those who has the money and business acumen to back the club?
Hmmm... hard decision. Help me with this one, guys.

Questions:
1. Where does Reilly sits? Surely not at the Penn camp from all that we hear? I don't know this one. Very curious indeed.
2. Should those 30 pieces of silver be on display at Des and Crushers new club? Ironically from Greenberg? I ain't religious.

Thoughts:
1. Crusher's departure is far worse than Dessie's. Dessie is easier to replace than Cleal.
2. The above ex-players came from other clubs. In saying that, not all players from other clubs are mercenaries. One has to be a fan of our club as well. Hopefully, some have more loyalty like Beaver, who stayed for less. One club men like Tooves, Beaver, Krilich, etc.

Go Manly!!!

------------

Is this an either/or choice?

Is there room for compromise for the good of the club?

Who released the info in the Herald last wee re the meeting 7 days ago involving URM, Bob Reilly, Beaver and a few of the players, without Penn?

There is a lot of tabloid rubbish going on - though of your two Factional options - Delmege is on hard street and Quantum don't appear to be as financially viable as a few years back.

Ramrod said:
*** Gee, I wonder who should I back?
Ones whining and telling the world (via the media) about how much they have lost at Manly's bottomless black hole pit or those who has the money and business acumen to back the club?
Hmmm... hard decision. Help me with this one, guys.

This would have to be Penn wouldn't it?

He has been shoving this down our throats in the media for the last year!

He has put in 20 million into the club and only has the leagues club and land ownership to show for his money.

He got a hell of a lot more than Delmege did, what land did he end up with?

I'm grateful for Penn's money at the moment but i can't help but not trust him. He has been running to the media to air our dirty laundry for a couple of years now.

Poor old Arko would NEVER have done the things that this guy is doing.

If only we could clone another ARKO and make him 40 years old, we'd be right for another 40 years!

We also have a COO who is very good at not being seen but pulling a few strings also.I am not sure about this bloke, cause most of the**** has started with his arrival.

A Traitor sent in by St George to decimate our team....(Good job done if that was his role.)...Love a conspiracy theory.......

Gee Ramrod, if only life was that simple. I'm with Bones on this one, back Manly, let the others go.

I posted on this in another thread re Manly needing a Dogs style cleanup.

I have a little insight into the matter, so read a little between the lines with my comments.

Delmege - Didn't he pull out of Manly a while back when he came close to bankruptcy?

Quantum - Having problems justifying putting in money towards the Manly club anymore.

Penn / Penn Sport - Concerned about their company name being tarnished by problems within the board.

Quantum & Penn - Concerned about the amount of instability in the board, and how little say they have in the running of the club for the money they invest.

URM - The white elephant. A fresh face offering a stable source of income for the Manly side, but concerned about the current stability of the club vs financial investment.

I honestly think URM + complete cleanout of the board would be the bet thing for Manly.

Unforuntately I don't think a Mix and Match arrangement would work.

Fresh source of funds, fresh faces on the board who CARE about the club (and not their own wallets), new coaching staff, and a really solid roster of players. The board is letting the supporters of the club down badly at the moment.

MrInvisible said:
I posted on this in another thread re Manly needing a Dogs style cleanup.

I have a little insight into the matter, so read a little between the lines with my comments.

Delmege - Didn't he pull out of Manly a while back when he came close to bankruptcy?

Quantum - Having problems justifying putting in money towards the Manly club anymore.

Penn / Penn Sport - Concerned about their company name being tarnished by problems within the board.

Quantum & Penn - Concerned about the amount of instability in the board, and how little say they have in the running of the club for the money they invest.

URM - The white elephant. A fresh face offering a stable source of income for the Manly side, but concerned about the current stability of the club vs financial investment.

I honestly think URM + complete cleanout of the board would be the bet thing for Manly.

Unforuntately I don't think a Mix and Match arrangement would work.

Fresh source of funds, fresh faces on the board who CARE about the club (and not their own wallets), new coaching staff, and a really solid roster of players. The board is letting the supporters of the club down badly at the moment.

DERP

Ramrod said:
2. Should those 30 pieces of silver be on display at Des and Crushers new club? Ironically from Greenberg? I ain't religious.

Hmm … very quick with the biblical references for someone who "aint religious".

Really reminds me of someone else round here, just can't place it at the moment. Help me with this one, guys. :D

My faction is the 17 on the field, and The Sea Eagles club. Nothing more, nothing less.

Frogz said:
We also have a COO who is very good at not being seen but pulling a few strings also.I am not sure about this bloke, cause most of the**** has started with his arrival.

"most of the**** has started with his arrival."

Yes we never had any board problems before Perry started in June this year, lol.

In the words of someone quite well-known, "Where have you been? Where have you been?"

Are you serious ??

I dint think we have had the problems before Sea Eagle Rock of our entire coaching staff being turned upside down..Zorba getting Punted etc etc...Sure the boardroom is a shambles but Perry hasnt made many friends at manly, I hope he can with the Sponsors

True that there have been suggestions that Perry is off-side with some at the club (Des?) but that is all speculation as far as I can see.

It appears he was brought in with a specific task to streamline & modernise the admin of the club with a view to making us financially viable. That seems a reasonable aim at this point and no-one can achieve that without stepping on a few toes.

Telling Zorba he wouldn't be renewed is seen as the catalyst for a lot of the uproar but I fail to see how that was a controversial decision (and I'm someone who likes Zorba!) Could be wrong of course, but, until I hear something concrete to the contrary, I'm satisfied Perry's doing a good job in a crucial role for the club.

I believe in David Perry!

Seriously.

As for the factions, I'm on the fence, though the Zorba propaganda in the media is testing that.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6