Your Grand Finalists if Manly were eliminated

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Firstly like all of us on here, well maybe Roger Ramjet excluded, I want Manly in the 2014 GF BUT lets assume for the moment we don't make it, who else would you like to see play, go on and win and why.

I'll start off, and give the reasons.

I'd like to see a Cowboys-Panthers Grand Final.

My son in law Mick, is a mad Panthers fan. Mick has just had the year from hell, at age 35 he was diagnosed with Bowel / Rectal Cancer and after 10 weeks of radiation / chemo 3 & 1/2 weeks in hospital after his operation (7 days in Intensive care) and now another 6 months of chemo to follow....concluded just last week, and a lifetime without a backside, I'd love to see a smile on his face with this.

Besides we also have ex Manly players Kite and Whare there as well.

Now my choice of the Cowboys may surprise you, yes they are whingers, yes they are Queenslanders BUT you cannot doubt JT's expertise and he has busted his guts for that side since going up there and I think deserves a Premiership ring before he retires. Their defeat of the Vermin last weekend (and in Sydney) shows they are ready.

And we also have ex Manly forward Glenn Hall up there as well, part of that fantastic 2008 Premiership side.

I can't pick the Eels, WAAAAY to much past history, and I'd walk naked backwards to Bourke before picking the Rorters or the Grubbitohs and I'd rather die than see that side from Belmore win.

My big worry is the dirty Scumville, they seem to be peaking just at the right time!!....so ANYONE bar them as well.

Anyway over to you, remember it has to be non Manly.

Panthers v Warriors for me.

I like the Panthers, and a good Manly connection with Kitey and Whare.

As for the Warriors, they are great to watch, and it would be good for Rugby League to see a premiership go to NZ.

a terrible idea for a thread, but be that as it may, I can't stand the following clubs:
Drizzle, Horses - News Corp cap cheats,
Dogs: Coach stealers,
Wabbits: wrestlers, whingers
Rorters: forward pass cheats still cross about last year
Cowboys : whingers, conspiracy crybabies
so amongst the clubs that COULD actually make it only
Eels, Panthers and Warriors are left, and i couldn't stand a week of J Hayne love fest so:
Warriors have never won it. So
Warriors v Panthers for me

Dragons (for the wifey) but highly unlikely -
So Panthers, Warriors or Cows -
definitely not - Bulldogs, Roosters, Souths or Storm.
Would prefer Eels before the above 4 but after the other 3.

No super league teams so that's Raiders, Sharks, Penrith, Warriors, Cows, Donkeys, Dogs. Hate the vermin, rorters, purple cheats, Goons and Parra. Would never support the 1997 drug cheats Knights. Would have to be Titans v West Tigers with a Titans win. Seeing how that's impossible this year then it would be "Who gives a flying fk" vs " I don't care and won't watch it"

I don't think it's a terrible thread, the thought ( not making the GF) I agree is terrible but there's a chance we won't make it so it's a fair question.

There would be a number of GF's I wouldn't watch , for example missed the Dogs/Scum one a few years ago.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I don't think it's a terrible thread, the thought ( not making the GF) I agree is terrible but there's a chance we won't make it so it's a fair question.

There would be a number of GF's I wouldn't watch , for example missed the Dogs/Scum one a few years ago.
There was a Dogs v Donkeys one just after the super league fiasco I think it was 1998. I volunteered to work that Sunday. It made me sick that whole week. Never read a paper or watched the sports news that whole week.

Cowboys vs Riff. i think that would be an entertaining final.

Basically anyone other than purple puppets, puppies, wabbits and cock-a-doodles.

If it was Rorters v Grubbitoh's I would not turn the TV on for a week before or four days after, nor would I buy a paper

In fact that would be a VERY good reason to grab the van, find a National Park that doesn't have phone / Internet / TV and just enjoy life, couple of BBQ's, couple of Camp Ovens and of course plenty of beers and red wine.

Then you come back and the cricket has started !!

I could handle Cowboys or Penrith. Probably prefer Cowboys seeing as they have never won one yet, and if they do that would mean one more team that has got there before the Sharks.

Out of all the sides left in the running the team I want to win the least is Rabbits. I couldn't stand the carry on if the "Pride of the League" won. Moreso because of the Burgess grub, hopefully he will slink of to RU with no Premiership Ring.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8