Your input needed- Members Jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Larissa

Bencher
Morning all,

Hope you are all enjoying your two-up today :)

I'm hoping those of you who are Members (or planning on becoming one) may be able to help me out.

We are looking at having a Members Jersey in 2014.

At this stage, Members will be able to pre-purchase the jersey which will be a limited edition boxed item.

The trouble I am having is with the length of time between purchasing the jersey, and when it will be delivered. It is looking like we will take orders for a period of time up until the season starts, but the jerseys wont take 12 weeks to be designed made and delivered after orders close.

This brings me to my question; would you be happy to wait over 12 weeks after buying the jersey to receive it knowing that your name will be part of the team's official jersey?
I'm also looking at having a Members recognition banner at Brookie with all the names of those who will be on the jersey, that way there will be some instant gratification for those Members who bought the jersey?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

GO Manly!

Larissa

It's a long time, bit it'd be worth it.

Banner sounds good as well - but not 100% necessary.

Maybe just get the orders in early so the jerseys arrive as soon as possible to the start of the season?

Suggestion: Probably some maroon should be on it. *wink*

The likely delivery will be early June, with the team wearing them for Members Recognition Round later in the season.

Trouble is we need enough time to secure atleast 1000 Members to make it worthwhile, once we hit the cap we can get production rolling.

If the process was to take that long maybe you could make a big deal out of it and have a maroon and white ball, or a fan night where many could collect the jersey . 3 plus months is plenty of time for out of towners to have time to arrange travel. If you pre empt the idea , base it around a brookie game and have the option of buying the jersey, the event, and the game the wait may be offset by the event. The advance draw makes things like this possible

I assume that the design would be finalised before we commit to buying it ?? Cost and jersey design would be my pre-purchase criteria.

Am I reading you correctly in that only the first 1000 members that commit get their names on the jersey ???

Personally the 12 week wait isn't a big deal, in fact maybe you could take a leaf out of Demtels book and offer 3 easy monthly payments of $99.99 ;) Throw in a free set of steak knives for the first 100 members to pay.

The core design would be set, once we have the final names we then need to incorporate those into the design before production can commence.

Yes you are reading correctly, only those Members who purchase the jersey will have their name appear on it. The exact number we need has not yet been set, it will be somewhere between 1,000 and 1,500.

I was thinking about offering a payment plan on it over 3 months, would this make the things easier for those of you unsure?

jbb/james said:
If the process was to take that long maybe you could make a big deal out of it and have a maroon and white ball, or a fan night where many could collect the jersey . 3 plus months is plenty of time for out of towners to have time to arrange travel. If you pre empt the idea , base it around a brookie game and have the option of buying the jersey, the event, and the game the wait may be offset by the event. The advance draw makes things like this possible

Don't think this would be doable unfortunately. Putting on an event for over a thousand Members would be too expensive and logistically involve man power we don't have.

Larissa said:
I was thinking about offering a payment plan on it over 3 months, would this make the things easier for those of you unsure?

How much do you think they are going to cost?

More than a reg jersey?

one....billion......dollars!?

Seeing as it would be the members dipping into their pockets again, it would be nice if the jersey wasn't the standard $160

I'd think even 1000 members paying $100 for the jersey would turn a huge profit considering the cost to actually produce the item

Sounds like a great idea to me. 12 weeks would be no issue as long as people were aware when they were making the purchase.

Larissa said:
The core design would be set, once we have the final names we then need to incorporate those into the design before production can commence.

Yes you are reading correctly, only those Members who purchase the jersey will have their name appear on it. The exact number we need has not yet been set, it will be somewhere between 1,000 and 1,500.

I know this is me dreaming but I think it would be awesome if you could have a single name printed on the jersey. The ideal way to print the name would be to wrap it either above or below the club logo.

Are you intending to stick to the same design as the heritage jersey or would you look to print names on the front, back and sleeves of the jersey?

I'd be happy to wait that long and I'm happy to pay that amount but can the names be printed a better quality than the names on the "heritage" jersey, they are really fuzzy.

For $250-$300 it'd want to be something special, but having said that if the quality was there and the design was good I'd pay that. Spreading payments over three months would also appeal.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6