YOUR OPINION Country Membership

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Larissa

Bencher
Afternoon everyone,

Hoping to canvas some input from you all on our Sea Eagles Country Membership and it's future.

At the moment the membership includes:
* Entry into a Sea Eagles interstate away game function
* General Admission entry to one Sea Eagles away game
* General Admission entry to two Sea Eagles home games
* Sea Eagles cooler bag, mini replica jersey and mouse pad
* Standard member pack and benefits (cap, card, lanyard, merchandise discounts etc)
This page currently costs $140.

We are currently reviewing the membership, and it has been suggested that we might discontinue the package and offer Country Members our Supporter Membership. Supporter Membership currently costs $80 and includes all of the above minus the game tickets and away function.

Full package information listed here.

Country Members, what do you think about the package potentially not being available in future?
Would you purchase a Supporter Membership instead?
If you could change anything about the Country Wings Membership what would it be?

Thanks for your help guys!

Go Manly!

Larissa

The away function is one of the years highlights. The rest is neither here nor there. I would take which ever membership was available if no country wings was available.

Hi Larissa,

There are a lot of parts of the membership that I just couldn't use for various reasons. Part of that were tickets, others were the functions.
Tickets often came down to a matter of time, and I know with the Brisbane game I already had free tickets from CentreBet last year for the broncos game.

Now with that said I think having at least one ticket to a game would be worthwhile.

So perhaps a ticket to one home game as I know many of us still get to Sydney at least once a year, or maybe have it a choice as one away or one home game?

I don't wear hats so not a value add there for me. I do use bumper stickers, lanyards are a so/so I use my Manly one that I bought years ago as a key ring so don't need another. I do need a new mouse pad though :)

I think removing all tickets altogether at least for me would make it less attractive and would it also then not be classed as a membership under the NRL guidelines.

I'd like to see a dynamic membership where you can DIY a membership, say I can select certain options like "Include a ticket to a home game, include sticker, do not include had, do not include blah"

I know that would be hard with pricing but not too hard if you have a base rate for each item in the package etc.

Unfortunately due to economies of scale, as much as we would like to we just cant offer DIY memberships. It may surprise some of you to know I need to place the membership merchandise order by the end of this month to get it in time for Christmas!

We would definitely still hold away functions, but would just offer them to all Members as an add-on.

To be classed as a ticketed membership we need to include at least 3 games, so this package is unlikely to qualify next year regardless.

The Country Wings membership is perfect for me. I'd be lucky to get to 2 home games a year and even luckier to get to an interstate game.

There is no way i'm paying $80 for the cooler bag, mouse pad, etc.

As far as i'm concerned, they are extras and if you do what you're talking about doing then it will be far cheaper for me to just buy tickets at the gate.

Unfortunately the number of people the membership is perfect for in it's current format is limited so it is unlikely to continue unchanged.

Would including one ticket to a home game impact your decision to renew?

Larissa said:
To be classed as a ticketed membership we need to include at least 3 games, so this package is unlikely to qualify next year regardless.

You say you are proposing to discontinue this membership class and I was wondering why??

This has brought in (and I don't have the luxury of the data) hundreds of new members that were not members in the past.

When I first started the MWTS it was primarily to garner support for the Queensland games (since expanded to all away games) but to do that I needed something to "sell" to the fans.

It was a combined effort, us selling the togetherness of the MWTS but at the same time promoting a new type of membership level that was aimed squarely at away supporters.

The Country Membership (originally called "regional membership") came out of a brainstorming session between myself, the then Membership Manager and the then CEO and was back in 2007 was almost soley aimed at Queensland and Northern NSW. It was changed to include the away fucntion / away game ticket (your idea from memory) and had a name change and I'd say its been the reason why so many more bought the membership....they saw it as good value and encompassing their needs!!

You can be a member in Wagga and use these inclusions in Melbourne

You can be a member in Townsville and use these inclusions there

Cut this back to a "non ticketed" option and I reckon you'll lose most of those members....."some" may buy Supporter membership but you have to be a rusted on supporter to do that, so in my opinion most will drop off the radar!!

People don't worry too much about the "bibs and bobs" included....personally I buy this mebership for these main reasons,

1) Members Cap
2) Away Function
3) Away game
4) The occasional GA entrance to Bookvale when I can get there
5) Support the club financially

The rest "bah"....mostly chuck it in the bin when I get it.

I imagine you are considering binning this because of the extra workload this membership requires, all I can say is do this and you will lose members!!

Thanks for the opportunity to have some input.

I like the package as it is, I usually use one, if not both, of the home game tickets. I have never used the away function entry, but its something I see as a real advantage and may use in the future.

I would be doubtful to take up the Supporter Membership if the Country Membership was unavailable. The included tickets are an incentive to go to games. I used one of mine for the Bunnies game and 6 other people came with me that would otherwise watched it on the TV.
Every time I have used my tickets at least 2 others have come to the matches with me.

Can I ask is this change for the sake of change? Maybe you could share the reasons why the Country Membership is under scrutiny.

It would be bad business practice for me to not review a membership option that has a high administrative cost and low yield.

My questions are posed to find out if our current Country Members would take up the Supporter option if away functions are still offered separately, or alternatively if there are potential Country Members who don't take up the package because the game access aspects do not suit their needs.

OK, I as a current Country Member would NOT take up the Supporter option.

Would rather pay extra for a 3 game ticketed membership.

Larissa said:
It would be bad business practice for me to not review a membership option that has a high administrative cost and low yield.

My questions are posed to find out if our current Country Members would take up the Supporter option if away functions are still offered separately, or alternatively if there are potential Country Members who don't take up the package because the game access aspects do not suit their needs.

I'm a Country Member and I would take up the Supporter option if the Country Membership was unavailable.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Larissa said:

You say you are proposing to discontinue this membership class and I was wondering why??

This has brought in (and I don't have the luxury of the data) hundreds of new members that were not members in the past.

When I first started the MWTS it was primarily to garner support for the Queensland games (since expanded to all away games) but to do that I needed something to "sell" to the fans.

It was a combined effort, us selling the togetherness of the MWTS but at the same time promoting a new type of membership level that was aimed squarely at away supporters.

The Country Membership (originally called "regional membership") came out of a brainstorming session between myself, the then Membership Manager and the then CEO and was back in 2007 was almost soley aimed at Queensland and Northern NSW. It was changed to include the away fucntion / away game ticket (your idea from memory) and had a name change and I'd say its been the reason why so many more bought the membership....they saw it as good value and encompassing their needs!!

You can be a member in Wagga and use these inclusions in Melbourne

You can be a member in Townsville and use these inclusions there

Cut this back to a "non ticketed" option and I reckon you'll lose most of those members....."some" may buy Supporter membership but you have to be a rusted on supporter to do that, so in my opinion most will drop off the radar!!

People don't worry too much about the "bibs and bobs" included....personally I buy this mebership for these main reasons,

1) Members Cap
2) Away Function
3) Away game
4) The occasional GA entrance to Bookvale when I can get there
5) Support the club financially

The rest "bah"....mostly chuck it in the bin when I get it.

I imagine you are considering binning this because of the extra workload this membership requires, all I can say is do this and you will lose members!!

Hi Larissa

I have to agree with Mark and I had often wondered why the Queensland membership was done away with a few years back. We have massive support up here.
I like the fact the I can live interstate and buy ticketed membership and know that for the coupe of games I get to brookvale a year I have a ticket ready to go and I can still purchase final tickets in members only period as a ticketed member.

To get the 3 games you mention to qualify for a ticketed membership would be easy would it not, 2 games at Brookvale and 1 out of Sydney away game.

I really do you keep it and keep it as ticketed membership if it means we have to pay an extra $10-$20 will then that's what it has to be.

Hi Larissa. Even though I now have a reserved seat at Brookie, the Country Membership was perfect for me when I first started with the MWTS. If my circumstances were to change I would hope this would be still available. I agree with Mark, that if this membership changed I am sure a lot of people would just pay at the gate and not be financial members. Cheers.

Larissa said:
Unfortunately the number of people the membership is perfect for in it's current format is limited so it is unlikely to continue unchanged.

Would including one ticket to a home game impact your decision to renew?

Bugga, I like it just as it is.

As a member in country NSW, the current country membership does not compare to a 3 game membership. As a few have said, the merchandise is ok, but certainly not a deal breaker. For me and my father we're not able to make it interstate so it's purely about tickets. So for us it boils down to 3 game membership of 3 tickets for $65, or Country membership of 3 tickets $140.

One idea maybe to approach the Travelodge about discounts for guests with a country membership card. Encourages them to stay there when they came down (as we do). Even if it's something as small as free parking or breakfast for country members.

Larissa said:

Wouldn't that achieve less ticketed members?

Suggestions:

One away game ticket with members function included, (Brisbane, Gold Coast, Central Coast, Melbourne or Perth) forget the tickets for Brookvale if costs need to be cut. I would imagine the uptake of tickets for Brookvale games by country members would be low.

The HAT and the STICKER are the most important items in the pack, scrap the rest. Spend money on a good quality hat, this years cotton one pales next to previous years hats.

Larissa said:

Wouldn't that achieve less ticketed members?

Suggestions:

One away game ticket with members function included, (Brisbane, Gold Coast, Central Coast, Melbourne or Perth) forget the tickets for Brookvale if costs need to be cut. I would imagine the uptake of tickets for Brookvale games by country members would be low.

The HAT and the STICKER are the most important items in the pack, scrap the rest. Spend money on a good quality hat, this years cotton one pales next to previous years hats.

yeah, site lagged when trying to post the first time

yeah, site lagged when trying to post the first time

mosto said:
As a member in country NSW, the current country membership does not compare to a 3 game membership. As a few have said, the merchandise is ok, but certainly not a deal breaker. For me and my father we're not able to make it interstate so it's purely about tickets. So for us it boils down to 3 game membership of 3 tickets for $65, or Country membership of 3 tickets $140.

One idea maybe to approach the Travelodge about discounts for guests with a country membership card. Encourages them to stay there when they came down (as we do). Even if it's something as small as free parking or breakfast for country members.
Forget getting travelodge involved, this year they have decided to make the most of manly home games by keeping the prices up. Try to book a room on a Monday night manly are playing at home, they charge weekend rates. Any other Monday night is $100 cheaper

The cost is in the away ticket because we don't control these events, unlike home games.

Cost is also in including the functions. As it stands with the current model we loose money on putting them on.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7