your team for sydney

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dancing zorba

Reserve Grader
Sick of this picking players with potential for the future crap! lets pick the best team we have to win now not in 3 years!

Watson
Hussey
Ponting
Khawaja
White
Clarke
Haddin
Siddle
Johnson
Clark
Mcgain

Post  automatically merged: [time]1293670556[/time]

or even smith at 8 with mcgain dropping out but I don't think smith can be the top spinner maybe with clarke and white giving him a hand?

Ponting is already out of 5th Test

In batting order

1. M Hussey
2. S Kattich (if fit) N Maddison if not
3. U Khawaja
4. M Clark (CAPT)
5. S Watson
6. C White
7. B Haddin
8. S Okeefe (Bowling AVR 15.25 in 2010)
9. M Johnson
10. P Siddle
11. M Cameron (AVR 15.28 in 2010)
12. S Smith

Ponting's ruled out so Clark will be captain. It may be the shake up he needs. I'd move him up to three or down to five as well.

Why the anti-Hughes sentiment? He was our best batsman last innings until Runny McRunout did his trick. Hughes was unfairly dumped once, why do it again when so many others have failed.

I'm not sure about Khawaja. He has great figures but from what I've seen of him, doesn't tend to be at his best in big games. Ferguson might be the safer bet & give Usman a run through the 20 & 50 over stuff to see how he handles internationals.

Smith needs to persisted with. No point destroying his confidence now. There's only one test left before a big break. Playing Sydney will be a good experience for him & may be what he needs. It can't hurt playing on a ground he knows.

Watson
Hughes
Hussey
Khawaja
Clarke
Ferguson
Haddin
Smith (I would prefer O'Keefe but agree that dropping him now achieves nothing beneficial)
Johnson
Siddle
Cameron
12th Beer (so he can pick up his automatic $200k+ per year CA contract and highlight the selectors stupidity)

1  Watson
2  Warner
3  Khawja
4  Jacques
5  Hussey Capt
6  Haddin  VC
7  Hauritz
8  Johnson
9  Siddle
10 Bolinger
11 Nannes *Spelling?*

Nannes is retired from shield cricket! hauritz at 7 you can't be serious? and warner can't play the longer form of the game for crap other than that not a bad side replace jacques with white and I like it!

I also wouldn't mind seeing damien wright or stuart clark in there?

If we were picking on form look no further than Damien wright He missed the first half of last season with a persistent calf injury, but enjoyed an extraordinary finish to the season, claiming 35 wickets from six matches at 14.34.

Duff link said:
You're kidding Shane.

People want a ground up rebuild,without Ponting might as well go like this

Hughes is agressive but bad,why not give a go to a noted slogger much like they do in the west indies (Dont tell me you dont love Gaile)?

Maybe replace Nannes with Alister McDermott and yeah,White in for Jacques so the side looks like

1  Watson
2  Warner
3  Khawja
4  White
5  Hussey Capt
6  Haddin  VC
7  Hauritz (Better spinner,better batsman than Smith)
8  Johnson
9  Siddle
10 Bolinger
11 McDermott (like father like son? if he's half as good as craig was his better than we have got)

And make the pitch a road for sydney,hopefully a Queensland road,NSW roads have way to many potholes,in theory we could be on 350 by the end of day one,if we get all out at say day 2 lunch,we'll be over 600

Hughes
Katich
Watson
Clarke (c)
Hussey
Haddin
Smith
Krejza
Johnson
Siddle
Bollinger

Post  automatically merged: [time]1293691435[/time]

Australia would get investigated for match fixing if they picked Shane's team. 

Post  automatically merged: [time]1293691612[/time]

The Gronk link said:
Hughes
Jacques
Watson
Clarke (c)
Hussey
Haddin
Smith
Krejza
Johnson
Siddle
Bollinger

Post  automatically merged: [time]1293691435[/time]

Australia would get investigated for match fixing if they picked Shane's team. 

Team is

http://cricket.com.au/news-display/Squad-named-for-Sydney-Test/23431

LOL! you want Clarke as captain and you say my team needs match fixing investigations? What series you been watching?

Shane your team is awful - and this from someone who knows little (i.e. me..)

Warner in the test team? What is his first class average? Jacques at 4?

Lol yeah sure Isz,you know a little
Im just sayin fight fire with fire,Clarke HAS to go,he is as
good as North

Warner in for a Chris Gaile styled opener to start us off
Can we really be any worse?
And look,Jacques is now Cameron White
Make it a spectacle to behold,if your going to go down go
down with a huge fight,not a whimper

Shane with that team at least the game will be over in less than 3 days

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10