Zorba Gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mybludog

Reserve Grader
Surprised it's not already up here.

He'll finish at the end of the season.

He got a bit teary eyed yesterday talking of his love of the boy's and the club.

I know a few on here bag him but he'll be a big loss to the Players

Wow interesting haven't heard it yet mybludog

We'll all have mixed feelings about this because of Zorba's long history with the club, but life and time does move on for everybody

Hopefully Zorba will still be very involved with Manly in some other way

I too am glad to see the club going in a different direction.

But don't understimate the service he has provided the club for a number of years.

Hopefully we will see him in a non-professional role at Brooky for many years to come.

Perry is mentioned to want a more contemporary direction for the club. Interesting the comment from Penn saying that Perry was given a mandate to change from the board.
I love what Zorba has done for us, and what he brings to the organisation but also think it's right to head in a new direction - bring us out of the 70's as it were.

Its horrible to see him go,he must get another job in the club,even if its just a token job

But he has needed a role change for years,no offense Zorbs

They should have let zorba "retire". He could become our next ground announcer, what do you think? Ps why do this now right before the finals? Stability for next 4 weeks is important.

Shoe1 said:
They should have let zorba "retire". Ps why do this now right before the finals? Stability for next 4 weeks is important.

Totally agree. The timing is atrocious and decisions like this should be made after the grand final not now.

The players do not need anything to take their mind off what they are doing.

I bet Arko would have left an announcement like this until the end of the year.

Spuds Bodyguard said:
patorick2010 said:
Any word on who the replacement may be?

Unlikely to have a penis I would imagine!

Rules out Lady ga ga then.

I disagree.

I think this will make the Team a whole lot stronger. The desire to send Zorba out a Winner will lift them to another level.

I don't think most people would realise just how much the players think of him and how close they are.

Not what the players need at this time of the season. Typical manly management.

Shocking way to go.

Surely his recent comments to the reporter cannot be deemed a sack-able offence. The comments were dumb and maybe even inappropriate but I am disgusted in the Sea Eagles if this is the sole reason he has been told to find another job.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6