Zorba on 2ky

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

cc eagle

Bencher
This morning on 2ky zorba was asked by a supporter what new signings we had & was told none as the salary cap was maxed out, lets hope Dessie & Crusher don't tell him everything.

If you listened carefully, he didn't say we won't have any new players, he just said we won't have any new signings. We are using a new ploy in our player negotiations whereby no-one ever actually 'signs' a contract. Daniel Harrison is one new player we'll have, pretty sure he hasn't signed though  :)

So if you pay the players but they never 'signed' the contract does that not count to the salary cap ;)

Why dont you guys just believe what he's saying. Its pretty obvious the club is out of cash on the signing front.

Major point is how many bloody wingers we are paying for.

Next time we whinge about Farrar leaving this is why.

I have been thinking about this in I still cant get my head around how Manly has spent all of the cap money.

But solutions are:

1. To win the 2008 grand final Manly back loaded most deals to fit in an extra player or 2 during the year.

OR

2. Knowing that we have another crop of good kids coming thru maybe Manly have front loaded the new deals i.e. Foran, matai, Glen Stewart & Choc so that in a year or 2 when Foran, Whare, Buhter, Lussick, Hoppa, DCE have 30-60 1st grade games under their belt we have enough cash to buy a star to add to an already impressive roster to win another comp.

I don't really see how people struggle to comprehend why we would be maxed out on the cap

Lyon, Stewart, Stewart, Watmough, Kite, Foran and Matai would surely be taking up half the cap by now

Kiwi

Probably cause 1/2 of the players you mentioned don't deserve the big money they are apparently on.

Funny point that, because every time any one of them has been off contract "We must keep them at all costs" is all I read

Haha. That is all possible and its normal that teams after grand finals end up upgrading a bunch of people. But freaking hell its annoying!!!!

Actually what we need to do is not have so many players off the field, and for example Brett Stewart - love the guy if he's fit, but if he gets another knee thing next season it would be about bye byes time (or at least much smaller contract)

No wonder the Warriors pulled out of signing Matai. Fair dinkum what a ****ing liability he is.

mickqld link said:
No wonder the Warriors pulled out of signing Matai. Fair dinkum what a f**king liability he is.

**** that was dumb

An outstanding game outside of that but a massive blight on it

It disappoints me because this club of ours isn't about the shots that he and Stewart have produced the past 2 weeks

How many games has Matai missed? Sure he will miss some for this but how many has he missed the rest of the time?

I love Kiwi's total loyalty to New Zealand players,  ;D There's a guy on the Manchester United site who is Serbian and there is hell to pay if u criticise a serb. It's impressive loyalty.

And in fact Matai must be a lucky player, cause I think that was worthy of a send off! A late swinging arm high tackle!

Darren link said:
I love Kiwi's total loyalty to New Zealand players,  ;D There's a guy on the Manchester United site who is Serbian and there is hell to pay if u criticise a serb. It's impressive loyalty.

How do you come up with that Darren ?

Outside of the dumb play, what part of Matai's game was ordinary today mate ?

i am nearly prepared to call matai a grub now. that was yet another cowardly hit from him. i wish this side would pull their heads in. poor discipline is a major factor why the season has been poor.

i wonder if sponsors including potential ones take this sort of stuff into consideration

Matai makes more metres than the forwards combined (well imo) and does half their workload. I am pissed off with him for his undisciplined play but he has had an outstanding year. It is Lyon first and a toss up between Matai and Rodney for second.

Geeze, let's get some balance here.
Matai hit Ennis. Ennis the Menace. Now surely every player in the NRL, even his teammates, would want to do that.
And he got away with it. Nobody saw it . .  until Ennis stayed down and the video ref came into it. Yet another reason why we should have video refs!
On the flip side, it was a send-off offence. But hey, didn't he play well. Wouldn't you like every Manly player to have his passion?
He deserves a few weeks rest. Let T-rex take up the slack!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7