Zorba on MMM

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
I just listened to Zorba on MMM with Rabs Warren. Apart from himself sticking the knife into the Manly admin...he said he knew Des was gunna leave with all this KPI rubbish again and his own beleif that theAdmin/board at Manly were crap.

If this is really the case why would he have taken up the option on his contract with Manly 2012...He could have walked straight into the Bulldogs next year.

It doesnt add up, but I suspect we may never really know the reason, as everyone will be covering their own arses by lying.

Anyway bring on 2012 and we will really see what this man Des is all about. Because if he can get this bunch of blokes up for another premiership he is a genius

Frogz said:
I just listened to Zorba on MMM with Rabs Warren. Apart from himself sticking the knife into the Manly admin...he said he knew Des was gunna leave with all this KPI rubbish again and his own beleif that theAdmin/board at Manly were crap.

If this is really the case why would he have taken up the option on his contract with Manly 2012...He could have walked straight into the Bulldogs next year.

It doesnt add up, but I suspect we may never really know the reason, as everyone will be covering their own arses by lying.

Anyway bring on 2012 and we will really see what this man Des is all about. Because if he can get this bunch of blokes up for another premiership he is a genius
Zorba is a fat grub who has been earning money from the club now once he is sacked he can't wait to pile crap on the club.

<Anyway bring on 2012 and we will really see what this man Des is all about. Because if he can get this bunch of blokes up for another premiership he is a genius>>

And I for one believe he will.
All the emotions and calamity will die down as time goes by and next season the coach and players will focus again on the premiership. Everyone (fans and players and admin...) are all hyped up right now and things will be said and speculation will run rife... but in the end, Des and the boys have a job to do - and they will do it! But now a big part of Des's job is to usher in Tooves, if he is the man. And I think their may be a lot of loyalty to Toovey as well and he shares in the Manly fighting spirit.

THis all had to happen at some point in Des's career. The loyalty and fanfare he has brought to the club was never going to move on in a peaceful way - it couldn't. The club has ridden on the loftiest heights and been through the darkest of storms, and Des has somehow been there for the struggling players and gotten them focused for what they are all paid to do. Des leaving was never going to be easy, whether now or in four years time.

I think we will see something remarkable next year; it will all be good.

Jolores said:
Frogz said:

Zorba is a fat grub who has been earning money from the club now once he is sacked he can't wait to pile crap on the club.

He can open his pie hole now that he's stirred up all this **** at the club. is anyone actually think he was the best option as media manager? The guy is a dinosaur.

Frogz said:

Apparently if Des walked the 5 or so players with clauses in their contracts would not be valid and would have to honour the contracts. Apparently those clauses can only be enforced if Des is sacked.

Cletus said:
Jolores said:
Frogz said:

He can open his pie hole now that he's stirred up all this s**t at the club. is anyone actually think he was the best option as media manager? The guy is a dinosaur.

Please.............why attack Zorba, he bleeds Manly and is a club legend, we don't need that crap about him!

Ceagle said:
It seemed like Hasler and Zorba created their own siege mentality against the board.

It does, it should have been handled better but he has thrown the toys out of the pram. I wouldn't be surprised if he was leaking to the media. But it sounds like the club was split and we will be better off without that.

swoop said:
Frogz said:

Apparently if Des walked the 5 or so players with clauses in their contracts would not be valid and would have to honour the contracts. Apparently those clauses can only be enforced if Des is sacked.
This is why retaining Des for next year is the one smart move the board can do amidst all this mess and it appears that it going to happen. Despite personal problems between Des and whoeve,r keep Des for 2012 and we keep our gun players.
It seems like everything sucks at the moment but it mightn't be as bad as we are speculating.

Zorba did not create this mess, he was told his media position was no longer available and they offered him another job with the playing group, he was due to retire at the end of 2012
if anyone is Manly thru and thru it is Zorba

Jolores said:
Frogz said:

Zorba is only stating the facts and the facts are the board of dick heads had the opportunity to extend Haslers contract long a go but they failed to do this as they had no vision and lacked negotiations skills . The board has crapped on our Grand Final Final celebrations.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Zorba did not create this mess, he was told his media position was no longer available and they offered him another job with the playing group, he was due to retire at the end of 2012

I don't doubt he is manly thru and thru but instead of calming the waters he is more interested in pouring petrol on the fire. I also wonder how all the stories about the club always leak to the media and the only bloke with a lot of media contacts is zorba

Jolores said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

I don't doubt he is manly thru and thru but instead of calming the waters he is more interested in pouring petrol on the fire. I also wonder how all the stories about the club always leak to the media and the only bloke with a lot of media contacts is zorba
Calming the waters? these lunatics on the board are out of control their arrogance and incompetence is the cuase of all this **** of uncertainty and division that the club is going through right now . Incompetent boards that bring a club down should not be protected but ejected.

BOZO said:
Jolores said:
Frogz said:

Zorba is only stating the facts and the facts are the board of dick heads had the opportunity to extend Haslers contract long a go but they failed to do this as they had no vision and lacked negotiations skills . The board has crapped on our Grand Final Final celebrations.

BOZO said:
Jolores said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

Calming the waters? these lunatics on the board are out of control their arrogance and incompetence is the cuase of all this s**t of uncertainty and division that the club is going through right now . Incompetent boards that bring a club down should not be protected but ejected.
I agree about the board but I also can't believe the arrogance and incompetence of zorba,I mean to say this board ( which we all know is dysfunctional) has suddenly become a problem for zorba after he is sacked. If zorba had problems then why didn't he resign 2 or more years ago when mayer went? He seemed happy as long as he was getting a pay cheque

The best way to see if Manly made the right decision regarding Zorba is to ask him if Todd Greenberg head hunted him to be the Bulldogs new Media Manager. I think the answer would be surely not.

I'm not happy with our board but the fact is Des has left because of money and no other reason he can talk **** about challenges all day but he left pure and simply for cash and not just cash in his pocket but cash for Jnr players etc and the reason I know this is because if he really just wanted a challenge he wouldnt have done all this less than a week after a Grand Final. Greenburg gave him a deadline and turned the screws Hasler was his puppet for the week cause he dangled a massive cheque in front of him. This is out of character for Des and that is because he is not used to being controlled by money. If he wanted a challenge go and help Cronulla thats a bloody challenge. Taking over a club on thousands of dollars and having millions to spend on your roster and support staff that is not a challenge that is down right greedy.

Thanks for leaving us in a pile of **** Des and Zorba you can officially go F*** yourselves you are both dead to me. You especially Zorba you fat sook you couldnt wait to stick the boot in. Im sure your nephew is proud of you and thankful for leaving him in the **** too.

Jolores said:
BOZO said:
Jolores said:
Frogz said:

BOZO said:
Jolores said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

Calming the waters? these lunatics on the board are out of control their arrogance and incompetence is the cuase of all this s**t of uncertainty and division that the club is going through right now . Incompetent boards that bring a club down should not be protected but ejected.
I agree about the board but I also can't believe the arrogance and incompetence of zorba,I mean to say this board ( which we all know is dysfunctional) has suddenly become a problem for zorba after he is sacked. If zorba had problems then why didn't he resign 2 or more years ago when mayer went? He seemed happy as long as he was getting a pay cheque
Why didnt Zorba resign? Would any of us passionate Manly supporters ever resign from the club we all love .

You guys are kidding me?
You believe a guy involved with the club would be on the media bandwagon sinking the boot in? No way. Everyone will wait until their gravy boat has sailed before saying anything bad about the organisation they are in.
Most of the guys in here with their speculations and conspiracies are as bad as the Wiedlers, Rothsfields, Wilsons, and Kents. There are your stories fellas. In fact I have seen several occasions over the years were someones rants or opinions on silvertails or the old Manly forums almost ended up almost word for word in the DT or similar publication.
Not for one minute do I believe either Zorba, Reilly, Des, Crusher, Vidmar, Sibraa, Penn, Delmege, or the plebs posting in these forums wouldn't bleed maroon and white for this club; but just as everyone here has a difference of opinion on the future direction of the club, or would like to be the main dude in charge, likewise those guys on the coaching staff, and board do as well. SO there are bound to be arguments, politicking, media leakages, etc as people jockey for position in the greatest club in the League!
Who's right and who's wrong? I don't really know as its a matter of perspective, but I know I will continue to love and support this great club no matter who is in charge.
Go The PREMIERS!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8