Zorba - one of our Top 3?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
THEY have had 223 birthdays between them and are living proof rugby league isn’t always a young man’s sport.

Manly have turned to Bob Fulton, 67, Peter Peters, 70, and Ken Arthurson, 86, to revitalise and reinvent the Sea Eagles squad in the past six months.

Bozo, Zorba and Arko. They are the Three Wise Men. Combined, the Manly legends have been at Brookvale, on and off, for more than 100 years.

As Manly’s strategic football consultant, Fulton has helped new coach Trent Barrett remould the playing roster.

Peters, a long-time board member who resigned last week, is now in Manly’s media and sales departments, while Arthurson, the Sea Eagles’ godfather, has been a sounding board for Fulton and Peters.

The three are mates and confidants. They have won premierships at Brookvale as players, coaches and officials.

story-fni0cx12-1227600818554

It was only a few months ago that Manly fans were despondent over a season in which they lost Kieran Foran, lost and miraculously re-signed Daly Cherry-Evans, missed the top eight and coach Geoff Toovey was fired. Now they are talking top four.

Sea Eagles fans have cause for optimism with the surprise signing of powerhouse New Zealand forward Martin Taupau from the Wests Tigers, experienced Queensland Origin forward Nate Myles and shoring up key playmaking positions with the likes of Apisai Koroisau and Matt Parcell.

“Zorba and I have been mates since we were eight or nine years of age,” Fulton said.

“We have been involved in winning premierships and he was also groomsman at my wedding. We go back a long way. He is one of my best mates.

“With Arko, it’s a different relationship. Ken has been like a second father to me. He is 86 years old but he is still sharp as a tack and understands the game.”

Peters polarises opinion on Sydney’s northern beaches — but his dedication and passion for Manly can never be questioned.

“You can’t beat experience,” Peters said.

“Bob, Ken and I have had over 100 years experience at the club. Bozo has done all of the hard yards in the last six months. I am just here to help him, Joe (Kelly, club CEO) and Trent (Barrett) put out bushfires, which I’m good at.

“Tradition means a lot to our club and, in recent years, we have drifted away from that. Not so much because of the players and staff, but there were outside influences and they are now all gone.

“We are going to have a club we can be proud of and to carry on the Manly tradition.

“Bozo has been our greatest player and greatest coach. There’s no one better to help.

“Ken advised us we can’t lose our tradition and we can’t lose what has made us great. We have gone back to that. Bozo, Ken and I speak all the time.

“We respect Arko’s knowledge and passion for the club, you’d be crazy not to, given what is ticking away in that mind. He is the greatest administrator the game has ever had and I’m lucky to have him. When my father died, he became my dad.”

Arthurson added: “They have done a remarkable job. When Bozo spoke to me about the consultancy role, I said I couldn’t be happier if he took it. I know what ability he has and just what he can do.

“He has very much been aided and abetted by Peter Peters. Zorba, he has also done a terrific job. I’m proud of Bozo and Zorba. Irrespective of what anyone says, they are true Manly blokes and they have done a great job for the club.”

Barrett was also glowing with his praise.

“I have had terrific help from everyone here, special mention to Bob Fulton and Zorba. Ken Arthurson has given the club great support,” Barrett said.

“Joe Kelly and Neil Bare (CFO) have been terrific, as has (chairman) Scott Penn. There is a small group here making the decisions and we are all on the same page.”

You know what gets me is that if the guy had any real self awareness there would have been a similar "tone" article after the after mentioned greats shafted tooves - maybe something to acknowledge what the guy did for our club over a number of years

And so it continues...........like sands through the hourglass

You think this is a puff piece for Zorba! It's just the beginning. Next one will document how he shot 18 under par at Warringah golf course, rolled 100m in 9 secs flat, slotted over a goal from 70m out at Brookie. He's the Kim Jong-Un of rugby league. Thankfully we have Lapdog Ritchie there in tow to document the Supreme Feeder's feats.

You know what gets me is that if the guy had any real self awareness there would have been a similar "tone" article after the after mentioned greats shafted tooves - maybe something to acknowledge what the guy did for our club over a number of years
If ZtH aka 'Me Me Me' had any self awareness, he would realize the lasting damage he is doing to the Franchise :wondering:

Buffoon :drunk:

It's all a bit of a bad joke. We received terrible press for the past 12 months, including damning articles regarding our club legend coach. All, it appears at Zorba's behest.
He must be owed a lot of favours by his media muppets. Such a rancid character to derail your own club, so you can claim you helped rebuild it. Poor old Tooves must be in a mental health facility over that prolonged character assassination he received.

This Zorba and his articles are a crack up lol. Now when you go to the clubs site the audio is the moose saying Peters passes it to Fulton. Lol. Lol. He clearly needs this to make him feel important. It is sad. But u have to laugh at the same time. Ahh I guess compared to his brother in law he is a complete failure. He needs something to make himself feel important. The wife being a Penn must always compare him with the brother. All he ever did was play a few games of first grade a decade ago. I hope he keeps writing this is pure entertainment. Lol.

You think this is a puff piece for Zorba! It's just the beginning. Next one will document how he shot 18 under par at Warringah golf course, rolled 100m in 9 secs flat, slotted over a goal from 70m out at Brookie. He's the Kim Jong-Un of rugby league. Thankfully we have Lapdog Ritchie there in tow to document the Supreme Feeder's feats.
ZJU. That can be his alternate nickname to ZtH. KJU and ZtH/ZJU both have shocking hairstyles, large appetites and remove those that disagree with them. One more dramatically than the other.
And you left out how he stormed the beaches of Gallipoli singlehanded...

Wow. What a narcissist. Those photos are probably from the family album.

I can't believe what a piece of puff journalism this is. Lazy. But wait, didn't Peters become the media manager? Oh hell, this means there will be more to come.

I haven't seen propaganda like this since Comical Ali.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6