Zorba this morning

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

kingyfan

Reserve Grader
Said that Dunley ligaments in his knee went during the warm up on Friday night and he could not run during the game. Looks like he will be out for the rest of this season which means that ballin will be back next game.

There were also quite a few callers getting stuck into orford and saying that Lyo is a **** 5/8 and burns should be there. he got quite defensive about it and said that they were people who write on footy internet forums and didn't have a clue about running a football club.

It was interesting to note thyat fans from other clubs were saying the same thing about orford and Lyon.

I know this sounds ridiculous, but that forces Des not to make idiotic decisions like leaving Ballin out.

Also, all the callers are right.

It's nice that Peter Peters once again bags the hand that feeds him....the fans. He did it as a moderator, it's good to see his continuing it on the radio.

He makes you feel like you should support another club !!! Seriously though, why does he do it? Scotch?

I see your point regarding biting the hand that feeds him however he also does have a point about people on the forums not having a clue to a certain degree.

Peter Peters is fcuken clown.

Mind you, I'm one of the ones who thinks Lyon should be in the 6, so am therefore exempt from his burnage.

I see your point regarding biting the hand that feeds him however he also does have a point about people on the forums not having a clue to a certain degree.

Just because you have a point doesn't mean you need to express it. The facts of the matter are that Orford and Lyon are not preforming anywhere near as good as they should be. For him then to comment that those who can see the blatant obvious are like 'Forum Posters', is a direct crack at the fans of his club.

The subject was about under performing halves, not internet users.

No reason to bring it up a comparison like that whether its true or not.

He is just a wanker. :wall:

I agree completely Flip there was no need to bring it up. However what he says is correct.

I can only assume he brought it up as callers were calling up getting stuck into the selections and he assumed they were also the ones posting the same stuf on the forums.

Dangerous grounds though.

Just because people don't play football in the top grade doesn't mean nobody can see what's happening.

I don't think its as simple as orford and lyon are just under performing but when you have so many people saying the same things that theres reason for investigation.

Look I agree to a extent however the coaching staff do know more than us, the players just dont turn up for the 80 minutes each weekend as we all know. My point is there is more to be considered and we are not privy to the inside knowledge.

The topic on the radio was not 'How much to internet forum users know about football'.

I think the whole "Lyon is ****""Lyon will never be a 5/8" is just the latest bandwagon for people to jump on, and no matter what he does, he will be bagged. Similar to the whole "Anasta is ****" thing, he has played some bloody good footy this year for the roosters, but still the same old stuff gets talked about.
All this Lyon talk is identical to the Lockyer stuff that went on.

I do think that a guy of Des' calibre would have a better idea of how Lyon is progressing at 5/8 and what his potential is there more than the majority of forum users.

Thank God he doesn't have to come up against Gasnier this week in Rd 16 geez. I think the strongest thing he has going for him so far is his defence. Like ive said before only time will tell if he cuts it as a 5/8 ?

Point taken Kiwi Eagle, but i do remember reading an article in the paper over hear a few weeks back and Cliffie Lyon's was saying he thought that Burns was the way forward for Manly at 5/8, and i haven't seen him on any forums.

Yeah mate i heard about that. Remember reading something from Cliffy earlier on in the year, maybe RLW, saying that Lyon had the goods too

peter peters is hilarious ****ing clown.

one more comment on that and the Silvertails v the Sea Eagles staff war gets ignited again.

Pull your head in Zorba and understand that you are nothing more than a has been who has very little left to hold onto. Your tiny contribution to society is over and even that was forgettable....time to fade out!

I doubt he mentioned Silvertails by name and you could easily argue that every Manly website, and/or sports forum in general, has it's fair share of arse clowns with little or no idea. He was more than likely talking about MSE forum, god knows there are some nummies there.

Don't like to wish ill of any player, but if Dunley is out for the rest of the season it's got to be a good thing for us to get Ballin more game time.

I think it's absolutely obsurd that anyone can claim somneone has no idea, just because they have a differring opinion to them.

There's way too many narrow minded people going around.

I doubt he mentioned Silvertails by name and you could easily argue that every Manly website, and/or sports forum in general, has it's fair share of arse clowns with little or no idea. He was more than likely talking about MSE forum, god knows there are some nummies there.

Don't like to wish ill of any player, but if Dunley is out for the rest of the season it's got to be a good thing for us to get Ballin more game time.

That isn't what I was implying. what I was implying as that if he chooses to throw blanket insult out there that effects us then we will respond in kind

Zorba is an oxygen thief.

He's made a living out of bagging opposition players and administrations. But can't handle anyone criticizing Manly, anyone who does gets the "know idea" response.

I think Zorba was talikng about me, every week at the home matches I'm into him about topics that my fellow posters on this site are asking questions about. He gets the ****s with me regularly, but I keep telling him that its supporters, members and sponsors who spend their money each week and are intitled to ask questions and GET ANSWERS!
He and other board members generally believe its their perogative to do things when and how they want to.

An example was Kite's and Choc's resignings which took 3 weeks to be offically announced? The reasons given to me sounded like crap.

Gotta be honest here

Have had to have someone do some dealings with the club for me this season. He said the staff at the club are the biggest bunch of morons ever, and don;t even sound like they want to help most of the time, and it has been Zorba that has been the best and most helpful to sort things out

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4