Zorba want to be on the board

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ceagle

Bencher
Long-serving club official Peter Peters is expected to run a rival ticket challenging for control. If Peters is successful, there will be even more bloodshed in the Sea Eagles boardroom.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/ringside-seat-to-sea-eagle-war/story-e6frexnr-1226161937503?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

We can't let this old dinosaur on the board.

You are ****ing kidding me. **** off Zorba. He won't be doing it for any other reason than to settle scores. You didn't do a good enough job Zorba, get over it.

Isn't the role of a media manager to improve the image of the company? When a media manager actually ends up doing the complete opposite of that and personally bringing negative headlines towards the club, he deserves to be sacked.

So want that clown Reilly to remain in place? At least the playing group has loyalty to Zorba

Its obvious Bob has to go.

But Id prefer Zorba wasn't on the board it would to to volatile with him in it.
Rip

Yes, a Zorba led ticket in control of the board would at least mean that they voted with the Penn's on most things and in effect gives total control to the majority shareholder.

jdv said:
Yes, a Zorba led ticket in control of the board would at least mean that they voted with the Penn's on most things and in effect gives total control to the majority shareholder.

Correct, it won't make things more devisive it should make it more unified. The only thing I'm not sure of is the relationship between Penn and Perry and how that may play out. Whilst I'm no fan of zorba board unity is essential. And while damage is already done with des going and probably support sfaff, getting rid of the perceived problem might help keep a few players. Although any player who leaves and blames the board is full of excrement.

So who here works for a company that they don't get along with senior management or CEO or board memebers. I bet more than half of companies and organisations world wide have people from CEO's to board members to employees who dislike,disagree and just plain hate each other yet most suck it up, try to change things or move on. I would respect Haslers decision to go if we had heard of all these problems and even Des threatening to quit when he started to talk to the dogs 3 months ago but in reality it is only now after he has bolted that we hear of all this dysfunction and to do it less than a week after a GF triumph is piss poor form. If you truely loved this club you would move heaven and earth to try and solve the problems wouldn't you. If you truely believed that 1 entity running the place was the only answer wouldnt you fight to change things. I know I wouldn't run out the door knowing that my actions will create a chain reaction that may end up destroying the place. Money wasn't the object Des could have got as much by staying he just didnt want to fight to save this club instead he leaves and will take a huge part of the winning team with him to the Bulldogs a team we hate with a passion and always have. Is Des going there because he has a passion to make the Bulldogs a winning club......NO he is going there out of spite and distrust of a portion of the Manly board. You're kidding yourself Des if you think going to that place is any less devisive than the Manly board. You make up your mind about these actions I have and it ****ing well stinks.

I have to try to stay impartial in all of this as I am in a position to influence people. I don't know if zorba would be better or worse, I think the club needs to move on in a new direction and zorba could be taking us backwards.

However I will wait to see the respective campaign trails first.

I reckon The Wheel should run

We can't abandon our links with past experience - I don't know Zorba perosnally and have issues with his old school media style and many gaffes over the years, but having him on the board seems like a good way forward and would solidify things with Penn.

But if Zorba is just there to settle scores and proves a souirce of friction then he doesn't have a role. If Zorba is there then he must understand every day he is be working for the common good of Manly club - am sure he would know that.

Perry must also realise that his job is to be peacemaker and must work to get on with Zorba.

Both stuffed up bigtime with their reactions to the fallout from Zorba's idiotic 'good sort gaffe'. They must learn from it and work for the benefit of the Manly club. Am sure they can work together if they have the right attitude

Zorba going on the board will be a step in the right direction in terms of keeping players. They seem to hold Zorba in the same light as des.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7