Zorba's view

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Regardless of how he tries to whitewash what happened in the car park, it was an astonishingly stupid thing to say. Particularly at a time when the club is in the gun sights, coming out with sexist comments to media is completely counter-productive. This belongs to a very past age and is perhaps even more damaging to the club image than the brawling.

Two things to say:

1. At age 66 one would hope a fellow had accumulated enough wisdom to realise a comment such as that was going to blow up in his face, regardless of crocodile tears and apologies.
2. The normal retirement age is 66. It's time to move on.

Would Megan Barnard like the job of advancing the club into the 21st century?

Matabele said:
Regardless of how he tries to whitewash what happened in the car park, it was an astonishingly stupid thing to say. Particularly at a time when the club is in the gun sights, coming out with sexist comments to media is completely counter-productive. This belongs to a very past age and is perhaps even more damaging to the club image than the brawling.

Two things to say:

1. At age 66 one would hope a fellow had accumulated enough wisdom to realise a comment such as that was going to blow up in his face, regardless of crocodile tears and apologies.
2. The normal retirement age is 66. It's time to move on.

Would Megan Barnard like the job of advancing the club into the 21st century?
1 At the age of 66 Zorba the legend still knows a good sort when he sees one
2. The retirement age is when you cant get it up any more.
The two pillars of political correctness are 1. A stead fast refusal to face the truth. 2. will full ignorance..... One more for the road...... Birds of a feather stick together . Go the might Sea Eagles , :D:D:D

You can't retire him when you like these days. There's age discrimination laws in place. Everyone knows my views on Zorba. He's past his use by date, but the fact seems to be that he's related to the owner, so it's in his court..

He would also come cheaply. I reckon he would do the job for nothing/next to nothing. A new head-hunted media manager would probably be looking for a 100-125k package, maybe slightly more or less. Anyone know what the going rate is out in NRL-land?

Phantar said:
He would also come cheaply. I reckon he would do the job for nothing/next to nothing. A new head-hunted media manager would probably be looking for a 100-125k package, maybe slightly more or less. Anyone know what the going rate is out in NRL-land?

Someone well versed in new media being paid $120k would earn twice that for the club. If you pay peanuts you get monkeys, and Zorba has shown he swings from branches this week.

Matabele said:
Phantar said:

Someone well versed in new media being paid $120k would earn twice that for the club. If you pay peanuts you get monkeys, and Zorba has shown he swings from branches this week.

I'd love to see the state of the tree after big Zorbs been swinging from the branches!

Matabele said:
Phantar said:

Give it a rest mata..your hateful agenda against Zorba is sickening.

I can't believe any true Manly fan would say anything against Zorba.

Zorba has done more for our club than most and he's still here for us when many have moved on for their own personal gain. The reason why Zorba is still with our club is because of his passion for Manly.

Zorba has NEVER ever said anything against our club, compared to other so called Manly men. He has more Maroon & White in his veins than most.

With his weekly article in the local daily, he has also given Manly fans a weekly dose of the inside goss. It will be a tragedy for Manly the day he decides to leave.

Would this have been made a sexist issue if the chick said it to a dude?
This is not Australian. It's a foreign mish-mash culture of American left-wing hollywood educated political correctness. You are being brain-washed.

Hail Zorba! Viva Zorba!

It's nothing against Zorb, it's that he's the wrong guy for the role.
He should be in the club but not in the area where the PC cops are most active.

Oh for goodness sakes, you fellows have pilloried me for two years for not saying anything against the man. Now he has cooked his own goose he is to be beatified? The IQ on these boards continues to decline. Thank goodness for Duff (and whoever though I'd say that).

Zorba may love the Sea Eagles, but that wont stop him burning the place to the ground trying to save himself.

He is 67 FFS. Time to retire.

Every CEO since Ian Thomson has wanted to punt him but none have been able to do it because he has always rolled out Arko and a few journo mates to back him.

The fans may love him, but they have no idea of the internal trouble and **** that goes on behind the scenes.

Anyone who thinks this is just about the "good sort" comment has no idea.

Zorb will always be part of manly and rightly so.It is patently obvious media manager is not the place for him.I for one would find the the club a lesser place with him not around but Mata is right in one sense-his current position requires more professionalism,something which,outside des,is severley lacking atm.

I notice Arko is backing Zorba in today's press suggesting it is not a storm in a teacup. It's not the 1960s boys where you'd drag a "good sort" off by the hair and keep her bare foot and pregnant in the kitchen.

Matabele said:
I notice Arko is backing Zorba in today's press suggesting it is not a storm in a teacup. It's not the 1960s boys where you'd drag a "good sort" off by the hair and keep her bare foot and pregnant in the kitchen.
You got it wrong brother , you gently stroke her hair and carry hair bare in the bedroom and one word of warning political correction causes impotence . 1920 Lillian Russell Good sort!!! 1930 Mae West Good sort!!!
1940 Rita Hayworth Good sort!!!! 1950 Marilyn Munroe Good sort!!! 1960 Jane Fonda Good sort!!! 1970 Farrah Fwacett Good sort!!!1980 Bo Dereck Good sort!!! 1990 Pamela Anderson Good sort!!! 2011 Megan Barnard Good sort!!!

Everyone should get off their moral high horse and take it easy. Zorba may have said something inappropriate but take all things into consideration it was a mistake made in an attempt to deflect attention away from Gift. He's not sexist and it was a poor attempt to add light to the situation. Hindsight is wonderful. Funny how some tend to turn on people after a simple mistake and disregard all the positive stuff they continually do to back the club in a clearly anti manly media environment. I wonder how all the stone throwers act in their own work environments, when their under pressure???

kingoftherodeo said:
Everyone should get off their moral high horse and take it easy. Zorba may have said something inappropriate but take all things into consideration it was a mistake made in an attempt to deflect attention away from Gift. He's not sexist and it was a poor attempt to add light to the situation. Hindsight is wonderful. Funny how some tend to turn on people after a simple mistake and disregard all the positive stuff they continually do to back the club in a clearly anti manly media environment. I wonder how all the stone throwers act in their own work environments, when their under pressure???
there is no excuse for turning on your own . end of story!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6