ZORBAS VIEW

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lovefooty

Reserve Grader
I don't know how to upload his column this week if some one can post it.
Wow its a full on threat against the football club and us members for the defence of tooves.
How can this bloke be stopped..

Last edited:
**** off Zorba you ass hole.

So lets wait and see who he gets to run against the board this time. Elsgood ,Fultons, or some others that will try and shut down our foot ball club on having any say in the place that Zorba and the Penns don't like. All yes men that is what he (they) want.
I would post the story for all to read but i dont know how. If some one could help with that.

"Water off a duck's back but I want you all to know how much this minority group bothers me with the things they say"

So lets wait and see who he gets to run against the board this time. Elsgood ,Fultons, or some others that will try and shut down our foot ball club on having any say in the place that Zorba and the Penns don't like. All yes men that is what he (they) want.

He's a dickhead. Looking at the body language in the people around him is really poor.

I often see him lunching with Glenn Stewart as well in Brookie.

Toovey handled exit with class and dignity
  • MANLY DAILY
  • JULY 31, 2015 5:03PM
  • Zorba's View

143325-c1392d7c-3751-11e5-b0af-e89a2df17638.jpg

Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey chats to the media this week.

IT WAS one of the toughest days in the history of the Sea Eagles this week and the club came through it with dignity.

Such was the intensity of the weekly media opportunity that television stations opted to take live coverage out of the club’s Narrabeen headquarters.

They were expecting fireworks at the first public appearance by players, officials, owner and the outgoing coach Geoff Toovey, just 24 hours after it was announced the club legend wouldn’t see out the final year of his contract in 2016.

There was no hiding by anyone associated with the club. No screening of questions which came thick and fast from a multitude of print and electronic media representatives.

The players spoke calmly and with respect for their coach.

story-fngr8iii-1227465143381

They understood the situation, felt for the coach but understood the right of the owners to decide who coaches and who plays for the Sea Eagles.

They realise rugby league is a results driven business and the results are not there this season for a club which has had camping rights in the finals series for a decade.

Toovey covered himself with distinction.

He was clearly hurt but showed no malice. He found time to thank the supporters and the sponsors.

There was a hint of even having a role to play somewhere in the club down the track.

But not now – he will take a break for a well earned rest at the end of the season.

143353-e5041528-3751-11e5-b0af-e89a2df17638.jpg

Geoff Toovey leaves a press conference this week at Narrabeen.

Water off duck’s back

THERE has been a lot of noise this week coming out of a minority group which has trouble realising that they no longer have a say or any input into the club.

They took Toovey’s early exit from the final year of his contract as an opportunity to continue criticising the club, it owners and staff.

It is water off a duck’s back and done nothing but accelerated its total demise.

Paved with gold

The just over 12 months old Golden Eagles continue to grow in numbers and are earning a reputation for being a well run, caring group in the northern beaches community.

The association has more than 380 members of ex-players and has raised more than $50,000 for charitable causes on the peninsula and assisted with raising almost $40,000 in corporate revenue for the Sea Eagles.

The upcoming inaugural golf day at Manly Golf Club is already a sellout.

With the assistance of Manly Leagues Club, the Golden Eagles Old Boys Reunion will be held on Sunday, August 23 at the club and Brookvale Oval.

Contact ex-NRL prop Mark Bryant at[email protected] for more details.

You also get the impression that theEagles Angels are getting nixed and replaced in the community with the Golden Eagles.

Is it sad that on Saturdays when I grab my Daily I go straight to the back to see what Zorba's said?

I don't know how to upload his column this week if some one can post it.
Wow its a full on threat against the football club and us members for the defence of tooves.
How can this bloke be stopped..
Heart attack?

To state that the club came through it with dignity shows that he is an idiot. The only person who retained their dignity was toovey.

Few fans have respect for the owners and none for peters

I sat in the Football Club meeting years ago and voted for life membership for this p*ick.

I wish I could take it back somehow.

Class and dignity with Tooveys sacking? Even the most passionate Manly haters know he was screwed and treated disgracefully.

To think he has a column to peddle his crap. He is a joke and embarrassment for our club!

F*ck off zorba, our club will be so much better without you.

Completely classless...at least he is consistent with his desire to use any opportunity to settle scores

Just a thought given recent events is it possible Zorba had a hand in Des leaving or was it just a case of Des wanting a bigger payday.

Yes the next FC election is going to be an interesting affair, I can see that there will be a Penn puppet ticket running for sure. The tit for tat just keeps coming doesn't it, it must be so energy draining being that bitter all the time.

Water off duck’s back

THERE has been a lot of noise this week coming out of a minority group which has trouble realising that they no longer have a say or any input into the club.

They took Toovey’s early exit from the final year of his contract as an opportunity to continue criticising the club, it owners and staff.

It is water off a duck’s back and done nothing but accelerated its total demise.

Makes me think its the Angels. They distanced themselves from Zorba over his "Good sort" comment and now they're unfortunately going to pay the price for it.

And some people still don't think this p r i c k has that much power within the club?

Yes I think he's referring to the EA's, as the FC def does have input and some power, not much I admit but at least some.

The vindictiveness of this man continues unabated.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6