DCE & Brooks Combination

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Watching DCE and Brooks get eleven games together this season I am uncertain if they compliment each others game.

Both are very similar halves, the side are missing a ball player that can create opportunities neither do this consistently.

The left edge attack this season has gone backwards with their structure and shape.

Thoughts on this combination?

Fibro Eagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Brooks is playing well he tries to get his hands on the ball and has set up some nice plays DCE is playing like he always does great and not so great
Manly’s problem is there mistakes and defence close to the line
If they can sort that out, I see no problem with the half’s Manly have

Under the Sticks

The spirit of Mooney 🦅
Premium Member
I expected them to gel after round 8.

It has been ordinary since then.

I also expected Trbo to run off Brooks but not blaming him for that with Trbos lacklustre start.

We certainly don’t give the opposition a double threat feeling.

robbiea

First Grader
Tipping Member

I also expected Trbo to run off Brooks but not blaming him for that with Trbos lacklustre start.

We did for the first 3 games,buh.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Attacks has not really been our issue.

We are scoring points for fun. Perhaps we can improve our game management but overall I think think most footy fans would be giving our halves the green tick.

5th most points scored and 17 try assists and 23 line break assists between them.

Nordburg

First Grader

We are scoring points for fun. Perhaps we can improve our game management but overall I think think most footy fans would be giving our halves the green tick.

5th most points scored and 17 try assists and 23 line break assists between them.
Totally agree.As you said,only issue is possibly game management,being a bit more selective with when and when not to put the foot on the gas.Dont understand the criticism of Brooks,he’s been very good,apart from the odd balls up

HoldenV8

Journey Man

Until we lose Turbo and our attack dies.....

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member

The stats read well though watching them I don’t see how their creativity has built this season from Vegas to Suncorp.

We could have done with a bit of creativity against the Donkeys, they were both pretty flat when it came to creating points.

Nordburg

First Grader
The stats read well though watching them I don’t see how their creativity has built this season from Vegas to Suncorp.

We could have done with a bit of creativity against the Donkeys, they were both pretty flat when it came to creating points.
To be fair,there were a couple of new blokes and a couple of changes of position,in the backline.And the two new inclusions are a lot slower than those they replaced

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
To be fair,there were a couple of new blokes and a couple of changes of position,in the backline.And the two new inclusions are a lot slower than those they replaced
True though after 11 games together I thought they would be clicking, thinking about their similarities I have doubts that they compliment each others game.

Not having a creative nine doesn’t help them though the shape in attack particularly the left side is getting worse.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Here is the problem as I see it.

Neither of our halves are organizers, though DCE often gets accused of being one. Our organiser in both attack and defence is currently on the sidelines for another 6 or so weeks with a bad hammy.

Then there is there is the dummy half problem. Neither of our first choices are proper dummy halves, and the only proper one we do have is not up to first grade standard.

Having Croker out is not good. But its multiplied 10 fold when Turbo is also missing. Koula may have speed as a fullback, but he's not even close to being the organiser Tom is (neither is Garrick TBF). Nor is he a patch on Tom as far as his involvement and how it engages the defence.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
Watching DCE and Brooks get eleven games together this season I am uncertain if they compliment each others game.

Both are very similar halves, the side are missing a ball player that can create opportunities neither do this consistently.

The left edge attack this season has gone backwards with their structure and shape.

Thoughts on this combination?
I tend to agree withh @Disco. I don't feel we are struggling because of our attack or our halves. The pack struggle to control the ruck. The drop in intensity during games goes someway to explaining the big leads we've blown. Occasionally, I feel DCE pulls the trigger a little too quickly and could play a more conservative style at times, but that seems to be the way Seibs wants us to play. I feel the combination is one of the lesser concerns at this stage. DCE is an Origin half and will eventually get it right again. Brooks is doing what we need each week and playing as a foil.

Get our ruck together in defence, and we will be sitting pretty.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
We're missing a game manager. A cool head in the Cronk , Reynolds category. These 2 balloon heads wouldn't know how to close out a lead.

And the only game management type player we have.....we won't have for another 6 or so weeks.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
And the only game management type player we have.....we won't have for another 6 or so weeks.
I don't see Tom as a game manager. It's one of your halves who sees the way to pressure the opposition. Pinning them down their end with quality tactical kicks , directing our attack at their weaknesses , pin pointing opposition players who are gassed or trying to gass their forwards .Ours just kick and hope or try some hail Mary play that is just brainless.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
I don't see Tom as a game manager. It's one of your halves who sees the way to pressure the opposition. Pinning them down their end with quality tactical kicks , directing our attack at their weaknesses , pin pointing opposition players who are gassed or trying to gass their forwards .Ours just kick and hope or try some hail Mary play that is just brainless.

Our halves, without Turbo, did pretty much exactly what I expected on Friday night.

Nothing.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!

I actually think Koula at 1 will help both them. Even after Friday you could see his acceleration, quickness off the mark was creating more space. Tom just seemed labored in comparison. Still big body that can create, but imo the 1 needs that acceleration to create opportunities that sadly Tom seems to have lost a bit. Looking forward to the next month or so with Koula at the back.

BirdMan4ever

Reserve Grader
Brooks has shown that he is no a weapon, even with quick backs around him, i think Shu was the long term answer subejct to.....

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14