Thank god for the HIA

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
For all the Croker fanboys out there, of the 22 hookers (including the 14's that play there) that have played over 5 games this year, he is:

• 1 of only 4 with under 3 runs per game alongside Mitch Kenny, Tyson Smoothy and our very own Karl Lawton. Croker and Lawton in fact run for less combined per game than 16 other hookers on their own!
  • 11th in tackles made (right in the middle of the pack) but 4th for missed tackles

Respect Croker for the heart and effort he plays with, but anyone who thinks he isn't a hindrance to our attack, or tries to compare us to Penrith because he and Kenny are similar are kidding themselves.

With that said I'd still start him at 9 and only play him for the first 25-30 and the last 10-15, with GCKT or Humphreys playing through the middle of the game. The days of Croker playing 60 and being completely gassed by the end of it (often coinciding with us losing momentum and blowing leads), and then being replaced by Lawton who has offers nothing more (and is leaving!) need to end. Time for some change, hopefully this week is the start of it

Are the same people kidding themselves when they point out that only the Roosters have scored more points than Manly this season ? Doesn’t seem like a huge hindrance

I wasn't bagging Froggy - and I did ask would we have won less without him - quite possibly - I think this forced rest will do him good, of course concussion is not a great reason for having that break. I don't think Lawman gives us what GCKT does.
Now , I have zero argument in a live wire hooker coming on at some stage , Gordie may well be that player , and to be honest I’d rather have him learning the trade than sticking with Lawton who is leaving BUT, why has our football department not pulled the trigger??

Lawton being #14 can play second row if he needs to... I imagine that GCKT being one of the smallest guys in the NRL largely precludes him from filling any role other than hooker.

I hate this thread tittle, its distasteful and even more disrespectful, bit like Toms a myth, sure I’d like more from DH, but gee thanking god for Froggy’s head knock is pretty ordinary stuff.
I guess it's how you interpret it. When I posted it was meant to highlight firstly, that Lachlan Croker gets the chance to have enforced time to heal a brain injury which in previous years he would have returned to the field with (and Croker has had other HIA's this year).

Secondly that an enforced personnel change would occur without a long term injury prompting it, because it didn't look like there was going to be a voluntary change from the coaching staff and the work around dummy half (particularly against the Raiders) hadn't been up to top four NRL standards and has a flow on effect that many people tend not to notice. Manly have been terrible putting sides to bed when they have the ascendency and a lot of that has stemmed from clunky dummy half work in the red zone.

Seibold didn't look like taking a gamble on either GCKT or Humphries when Lawton covers dummy half, second row and at a pinch centre, particularly while Ben T was out of the team, and I believe their spark from hooker might help consolidate or inspire more from the team at the twenty-five minute mark where Croker has been staying on and tiring or being swapped for a versatile bench player who does many things well but isn't an improvement in service or speed off the mark from the ruck.

One thing about Seibold, he is loyal to his squad. Potentially at the risk of finishing out of the top eight. Look at his seemingly blind faith in Schuster last year, until it was too late.

Sadly I dont think Gordie is it.

For all the worries about his defence it was actually his service that was annoying me last night. It was like he had this little pause before each pass.

People also talk about Humphrey's but it seems obvous the club have little faith in him.

I think Croker is out short term man but we need to look at long term solutions.

I'd be sniffing around Mozer, off contract at the end of next year, sell him on being our long term starter.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10