2025 recruitment & retention

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Yeah I was watching Sharon closely last game. As I was expecting he'd get belted on here. I was a bit surprised by his play of the ball speed. Even when tacklers dominated position in the ground he did pretty well there.
His play the ball speed is his best stat these days. He held his own against the Titans, better than against the Warriors. My biggest gripe with Woods isn't what he does provide, but what he doesn't. Brown is a much better bench forward, the whole side lifts when he comes on.

His play the ball speed is his best stat these days. He held his own against the Titans, better than against the Warriors. My biggest gripe with Woods isn't what he does provide, but what he doesn't. Brown is a much better bench forward, the whole side lifts when he comes on.
I think you have summed up the Woods experience well.

Why even bring up run metres when comparing forwards. Apparently fisher Harris is the best forward in the game but has averaged less then 10m per run this year and only getting an average 90m a game. Its more then just metres, lodge brings aggression which then makes our other forwards step up. People that are brining up all this average metres bull** should be questioning why fisher Harris is regarded the best prop in the game then. His average metres is **.
Look, the best way to justify a sh*t players worth is to say “stats don’t tell the story”… based on that metric they are all champions…

My point is that Lodge was not head and shoulders above the rest of our pack in his 2 games and imo he is not the messiah he is just a very naughty boy (well, an absolute f*ckstick really)

if you read closely you will see I have not said he played sh*t, I have just shown that the data (which includes a LOT more than just run metres - where he actually did pretty well btw) shows that the rest of our pack played well in those games and actually outperformed him in a lot of the metrics…

Tof Sipley and Tent are better players imo, have a MILE more upside and have not previously proven themselves to be absolute gutter trash…

He claims he was 20 minutes early. Seems it was a mistake in communications.
What he suffered was bullying, physical and psychological.
I just read another article on this @The Who

“…the club’s internal investigation into the matter estimated he had been told to wrestle 24 players for a total of four minutes at approximately 10 second intervals per teammate”

Four minutes! He was “physically and psychologically bullied” for FOUR MINUTES! And due to that four minutes of wrestling he is claiming that he can no longer play football and wants a $4M payout 💰💰💰💰💰

He is correct on one thing… his NRL career is over as other clubs would have to have rocks in their heads to sign this kid…

We had that with Keppie but reigned it in… cause he kept getting suspended…

It may be just me but I am upgrading and keeping Sips EVERY time over Lodge - equal impact with more growth, more potential and less injuries/baggage…

Plus he is not a DH which is a nice bonus 😀
I get what you mean but someone with lodges experience, has mongrel and makes an impact on the field is hard to come by. It's better the club gives him a contract until someone else can do that job.

I get what you mean but someone with lodges experience, has mongrel and makes an impact on the field is hard to come by. It's better the club gives him a contract until someone else can do that job.
And the club probably will… I just think he needs to show a LOT more to justify being on anywhere near the money he was at [insert previous club of your choice] and I disagree that he “outplayed” our forwards in the 3 games he has played with us… he was good without being a standout…

Oh, and most of all, I have no time for any man that has put his hands on women or children and it p*sses me off that he plays for Manly…

Open to seeing what he can do this year, but a bit disappointed with his new hair. Does it indicate some deep insecurity? If so, that doesn't suggest the fearless persona required of tough NRL players - give me Tooves, the Stewart boys, even Wally!
Lol

Chooks haven't re-signed Crichton, could be a great addition for Manly...? (at the right price, lol)

He's a good player mate, but probably doesn't suit our needs (age or mobility wise). He's more of what we have too much of already.

We need a Liam Martin, JFH, dare I say Victor Radley type, to balance out our heavy squad (funny, any of Watmough, G. Stewart, Menzies fits what we need perfectly).

Some pace, some ex-factor, some explosive line running, some ball playing, up-tempo aggressive type.

Dare I say, Sam Fainu is moulding / morphing perfectly into that player as well.

Jake isn't a lock anymore. He can barely run. He's slow as the QE2. He's a good defensive forward, but gives us no thrust, or attacking ability.

So I really think we need a lock, that's lean, aggressive, can ball play, can break the line, and for God's sakes, we already have that at the club. One that can play like a 5/8.

Come on Siebold. Speed our forwards up. Now is the time to play Arthur in the 13 jersey. Acquire a Liam Martin type dominator for the 12 jersey.

The rest can rotate in and out at prop. Jake, Paseka, Lodge, Aloiai, Burbo, Bullemor, Sipley.

But we need Brown on the bench for backrow cover, and intimidation purposes. Our backline is set. We already have an AMAZING lock in the making.

We need ONE marquee player - imagine David Fifita (and possibly a Hooker).

08. Taniela Paseka
10. Josh Aloiai
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. David Fifita
13. Jake Arthur

14. Jamie Humphreys
15. Jake Trbojevic
16. Ethan Bullemor
17. Nathan Brown

He's a good player mate, but probably doesn't suit our needs (age or mobility wise). He's more of what we have too much of already.

We need a Liam Martin, JFH, dare I say Victor Radley type, to balance out our heavy squad (funny, any of Watmough, G. Stewart, Menzies fits what we need perfectly).

Some pace, some ex-factor, some explosive line running, some ball playing, up-tempo aggressive type.

Dare I say, Sam Fainu is moulding / morphing perfectly into that player as well.

Jake isn't a lock anymore. He can barely run. He's slow as the QE2. He's a good defensive forward, but gives us no thrust, or attacking ability.

So I really think we need a lock, that's lean, aggressive, can ball play, can break the line, and for God's sakes, we already have that at the club. One that can play like a 5/8.

Come on Siebold. Speed our forwards up. Now is the time to play Arthur in the 13 jersey. Acquire a Liam Martin type dominator for the 12 jersey.

The rest can rotate in and out at prop. Jake, Paseka, Lodge, Aloiai, Burbo, Bullemor, Sipley.

But we need Brown on the bench for backrow cover, and intimidation purposes. Our backline is set. We already have an AMAZING lock in the making.

We need ONE marquee player - imagine David Fifita (and possibly a Hooker).

08. Taniela Paseka
10. Josh Aloiai
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. David Fifita
13. Jake Arthur

14. Jamie Humphreys
15. Jake Trbojevic
16. Ethan Bullemor
17. Nathan Brown
Has JA ever played lock in any other grade?

Unsure mate, but when he was acquired, here is what Siebold said (so I guess some professionals do).

"Depth, particularly in the halves" and "Has the ability to play in the middle" is along way from being seen as an option to start as a middle in 1st grade.

I don't hate it as much as I sound like I do but if there was even a glimmer of hope of this happening he would be playing lock at Blacktown.

"Depth, particularly in the halves" and "Has the ability to play in the middle" is along way from being seen as an option to start as a middle in 1st grade.

I don't hate it as much as I sound like I do but if there was even a glimmer of hope of this happening he would be playing lock at Blacktown.
Fair enough - each to their own, mate.

My view is we have the asset / player already.
He has the talents to play both sides of the field (he was a 5/8), and the roles are VERY similar.

It costs us nothing. It fills a glaring gap (actually a few). Makes us faster. Gives us an extra kicker, ballplayer & runner. Moves Jake to his natural position. Etc etc etc.

And the club probably will… I just think he needs to show a LOT more to justify being on anywhere near the money he was at [insert previous club of your choice] and I disagree that he “outplayed” our forwards in the 3 games he has played with us… he was good without being a standout…

Oh, and most of all, I have no time for any man that has put his hands on women or children and it p*sses me off that he plays for Manly…
Off field discretion aside since the NRL did approve his contract to play but I do agree you shouldn't put your hands on women. I would offer him $500k-$600k contract but I wouldn't be paying $700k-$800k.

Open to seeing what he can do this year, but a bit disappointed with his new hair. Does it indicate some deep insecurity? If so, that doesn't suggest the fearless persona required of tough NRL players - give me Tooves, the Stewart boys, even Wally!
Lol
Maybe flying under the radar to avoid suspensions. 😜

Unsure mate, but when he was acquired, here is what Siebold said (so I guess some professionals do).

I think the plan they had for Jake to transition in the middle got shelved, Jake is the only option at halve should Brooks or DCE go down.

I know Humphries is an option there also but the coaches have been persistent with Humphries at nine sine last season in Flegg.

The only players in the 30 not to play first grade this season have been Jake A, Humphries, Condon, Gordie and Parker.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8