2025 recruitment & retention

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
When Tommy leads us to a three-peat, like Cleary, you can LOL as long as you like.

I'm not holding my breath.
You do have the most valid point when it comes to elite premiership winning success
and I have The upmost respect for your statement feathered friend

My view was that I am not holding my breath that we have a more dominant Fullback player than Turbo and Other players that will be filling in his number One fullback throne have the opportunity to dethrone him and prove me wrong

Turbos Manly Fullback Throne is up for grabs
Best of luck to all the fill ins
1715659146555.png

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I understand with what you are saying my feathered friend and you make some very valid points and power to your perspective views !
This is my perspective...
The Common denominator in both Cleary and Turbo is that they are both Elite players in their own trademark positions they play
Injuries are part of the game and no one is guaranteed of an injury free season
Life is gamble and we all invest in the choices we make and I put my money in Turbo as the Best Fullback Impact player for our Manly team and his Manly Team stats back this up .
Turbo may have had some Turbulent injury times but he is still the most proven Terrific Manly Number one we currently have .
Other players that will now fill Turbos number one position have the opportunity to prove me wrong .
Everyone will agree that a fit, firing (healthy) Tom is the best option at fullback....but when the same injury occurs time after time, it would be silly not to look at options and what I recall when Koula went to FB last season, he was explosive and easily the best option at 1 right now.
As for the Cleary comparison, I can't even take that seriously as it makes no sense, but the relevant debate with Tom is becoming an ongoing situation every season and very frustrating.
I feel for Tom, as he is a great bloke off the field, but this is an expensive groundhog day both in the way of derailing Manly's season and eating a Massive cap space.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Everyone will agree that a fit, firing (healthy) Tom is the best option at fullback....but when the same injury occurs time after time, it would be silly not to look at options and what I recall when Koula went to FB last season, he was explosive and easily the best option at 1 right now.
As for the Cleary comparison, I can't even take that seriously as it makes no sense, but the relevant debate with Tom is becoming an ongoing situation every season and very frustrating.
I feel for Tom, as he is a great bloke off the field, but this is an expensive groundhog day both in the way of derailing Manly's season and eating a Massive cap space.
I understand with what you are saying and you make valid points
Koula was explosive in the couple of games he filled in at the end of that season when we played some of the bottom 8 teams when we were out of finals contention but a couple of games does not make a seasoned fullback player
Time will tell as it always does and we will see how he goes in the next 8 weeks under pressure that we are in .
The injuries to Tom are a concern but IMO I am not prepared to put Tom in a Manly Nursing home as yet . If he keeps missing games something must be done but I do not believe Tom is done yet
Time will tell as it always does
I hope time is kind to Tom because he is a great player and Manly and the NRL deserve to have Toms quality on the field

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member

Andrew..

Bencher
Tipping Member
Genuine Question: I read that fullbacks cover more meters than any other player.
Do extra meters mean more stress on the hamstrings? or is the stop-start of accelerating that causes issues? Or perhaps Tom is just prone to such problems.
A fit and firing Turbo is a site to behold but 6 seems a huge number.

AlxFromNthNarra

Rarely does big posts worth reading....maybe
I like Crichton, despite his recent dramas. Has been playing like a Brownie, or Lodge last year. Get him at a good price and you could do a lot worse.

XV-1

First Grader
You know Sitili Tupouniua is a edge backrower right?

Are you thinking of Daniel Tupou?

LOL. My bad. I thought we were still talking about Doueihi which was a couple of posts before who gets injured a lot.

Yes, I know Sitili Tupouniua is a back rower.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12