Aaron Schoupp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Hertera

Reserve Grader
If you’d read it all I was saying is “ none of us know and the deal could be the rest of this year free with a low cost in 2025”.

Every team needs 30 players , they can’t all be superstars as much as you’d like them to be!!

I did read it and who cares the cost? if it is low cost as you muse maybe going with a young kid is better than a two club loser. I don't need to know or care how much he cost to see our cap management and recruiting has been crap for a decade. Any club that can give paulo a three year deal and sign Schuster on big dollars when everybody knew he was struggling with weight, mental and motivational issues when they spend all day with him is not getting any slack from me.

I'm sorry but I'm over giving the clowns running our club a pass.

Pepi

Bencher
A lot of people including me thought Talau was rubbish when signed last year, but he has been our most consistent back this year. I'm willing to give Schoupp, a former junior NSW rep a chance.

Seibolds comments indicate to me that he is a depth signing so he won't have broken the bank.

robbiea

First Grader
Tipping Member
Another thing, how have we gone from:

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Steven Bell
05. David "Wolfman" Williams
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Matt Orford

to what we have today FFS? Our recruitment has gone from the boardroom, to Alf Stewart's rape dungeon. For perspective:

One word answer here.
Penn.

double hoops

First Grader
Have I missed a Koula injury?

That would be awful for Manly and even worse for my supercoach draft team
Seibolds presser.

AC injury.

First said someone would play fullback.

Next said Koula should be right.

It's not long after they come off the field, so no doubt it's probably grey, the coach certainly gave the impression that there must be a real doubt if Koula plays.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I did read it and who cares the cost? if it is low cost as you muse maybe going with a young kid is better than a two club loser. I don't need to know or care how much he cost to see our cap management and recruiting has been crap for a decade. Any club that can give paulo a three year deal and sign Schuster on big dollars when everybody knew he was struggling with weight, mental and motivational issues when they spend all day with him is not getting any slack from me.

I'm sorry but I'm over giving the clowns running our club a pass.
So, considering we have Tom on circa 1.3 million , DCE ( I believe on a lower contract now ) circa 850k, and Jake circa 950k where are we fitting another million dollar player ???

Or

Are you paying out one of these guys ( or all 3) to move on so we can sign some more superstars ??

I get your passion but you also have to be realistic as to what the recruitment department can do.

Ryan

Journey Man
So, considering we have Tom on circa 1.3 million , DCE ( I believe on a lower contract now ) circa 850k, and Jake circa 950k where are we fitting another million dollar player ???

Or

Are you paying out one of these guys ( or all 3) to move on so we can sign some more superstars ??

I get your passion but you also have to be realistic as to what the recruitment department can do.

Every team today has at least 4-5 marquee players Mark. We aren't unique here anymore. It's an even playing field, we are just more **** at it (for instance paying habitually injured players, and offering them new contracts), and secondly having to pay freight on players who've left us

we need to be better, or we'll continue to roll 10th - 11th like we have for a decade.

TBH, they shouldn't have announced this nothing signing. Send him to Blacktown, let him plug / toil away like all the other reserve graders.

Eagle 1

First Grader
You realise his club were offering him a contract half the value of his existing one, then demanded he sign by "X" date, or they'd just piss him off, right?

Secondly, what an absolute abomination of a signing yet again. Another plonker to add to plonk heap.

We are an absolute embarrassment, and in my view, the laughing stock of the NRL.
Had high hopes for Brooks especially after his Debut in Vegas, since then not a lot of highlights. Although his kicking game is top noch tho.

Ryan

Journey Man
Had high hopes for Brooks especially after his Debut in Vegas, since then not a lot of highlights. Although his kicking game is top noch tho.

He's been trending pretty poorly. I thought after the first few games, we'd literally hit a home run. The last month and a half, I'd actually take Kaeo Weekes (10X younger, 1/4 the price tag), who is tearing it up in Canberra now. **** this recruitment team ! Peter Gentle, you're a disgrace !

Hertera

Reserve Grader

Plenty of clubs have players on that amount. The recruitment and salary cap management has been terrible for a decade.

We have seen things as ridiculous paying Latu Fainu at 16 the most for any player yet to play nrl and we know how that has worked out.

We let Api Korasai leave, we sign players like cooper johns. I can name a heap more but we have been terrible in recruiting and it doesn't take money a the low level it needs talent id.

I get it he is "depth" and cheap supposedly but is he any cheaper or better than Kaeo Weekes who we showed the door?

We sign players for no reason we have needed a hooker for years plenty of young talent stuck at other clubs Tallyn Da Silva or mamouzelos yet we are not pro active.

Don't need a million dollars to find talent if you are prepared to give them a go.

We always go for the waddel, Lodge, Brown types players who are injury prone over the hill or players that were never any good.

When was the last time we stole a nsw u19 star from another club? or a junior kiwi or qld u19 star? we are sleep walking into irrelevancy in this comp.

Time for us to get serious it can be done the Dolphins look to have a better future than us in their second season this **** is embarrassing.

Last edited:

robbiea

First Grader
Tipping Member
Fill in players in the spine is our thing,How long after Green left did we have a proper 5/8.
Now its years with a makeshift hooker.
Unfortunately...

sharx

Reserve Grader
When was the last time and when will be the next time we will sign someone that has wow factor. We buy nobodies. We never buy a gun player anymore, just cruise along picking up scraps. Every other club seems to be able to come up with a big banger or 2 and we do sweet FA, we are never ever in the picture at all. They don't even use us as a bargaining tool, it's pathetic.
I think Luke brooks was a pretty decent signing

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
He's been trending pretty poorly. I thought after the first few games, we'd literally hit a home run. The last month and a half, I'd actually take Kaeo Weekes (10X younger, 1/4 the price tag), who is tearing it up in Canberra now. **** this recruitment team ! Peter Gentle, you're a disgrace !
Kaeo was never going to get a chance at Manly He would never have been able to command the ball and play his natural game whilst DCE continues to dominate the ball with the headless chook plays. Kaeo was paying the price last year for our sh*t forwards and sh*t leaders. Best move he could make was getting out of the mediocre peninsula.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
13 7 6 133 14
12 6 6 77 14