Aaron Schoupp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

XV-1

First Grader
I never pictured anything from Kaeo Weekes at Manly as he was a big disappointment under Seibold
But What a difference a different coach can make
Kaeo has been a Revelation under Ricky

BOZO, agree, but slight correction.

What a difference a coach can make.

Nobody can call Spoony a coach that improves young players

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Was just worried I thought seibs said something about ac joint injury but he stayed on... pretty sure it's the same thing that has Saab out currently so hopefully not as severe etc
Young Hoppa named on the extended bench, could be to cover Koula.

Find it even more strange now this signing when all they fad to do was upgrade Hoppa to a development player this season..

rmd

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
A swap of some sort may be on the cards or it may be family reasons.

I don't think it will be long before we see Lehi Hopoate in first grade
Another thing, how have we gone from:

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Steven Bell
05. David "Wolfman" Williams
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Matt Orford

to what we have today FFS? Our recruitment has gone from the boardroom, to Alf Stewart's rape dungeon. For perspective:

We cannot possibly do that know Ryan, as the salaries were pretty evenly spread among the players. Yes, some got more and some got less, however, not like it is now. It’s a significant balancing act with 3 players taking such a massive amount of the salary cap.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
There is so much more on my radar than these petty shenanigans. Get yourselves all distracted and temporarily diverted from the real pain. I am over it.

rmd

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
Okay, there’s obviously stuff we don’t know as to why we need another Centre/Winger.

If the ‘powers that be’ determine we need another Centre, then maybe there are some injuries we are all unaware of and we need depth in that position.

People on here ‘bagging’ the poor guy and he hasn’t even stepped foot on the field for Manly yet. At least give him a chance to prove himself, and if he is ****e, go right ahead and ‘bag’ him.

manly al

First Grader
Bit of a lack of attention but just noticed that Schoupp has signed for the remainder of this season ,
Thought it was for next season and a bit of a priority type signing but looks like just to increase the main squad numbers and a very modest contract
Certainly going to further boost Blacktown's ranks at a minimum and who already have a pretty handy backline

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
The killer for Weekes from having him debut at 5/8 against the red hot Penrith at Penrith.
They exposed him and basically smashed his mindset so obviously, you could both see it and feel it.
His first couple of games at Manly were off the bench were decent, with some moments of flair including a try and assist.
At Canberra he played good against Manly and had his best game yet vs Dogs, where you could see his confidence growing and will only improve and personally I hope he does well.....I also really like his young team mate Strange as a player, that kid has tougness, speed and is just old school footy ability and brains about him.
I disagree that the Killer for Weekes was his debut for Manly against Penrith as he had DCE to guide him as his halves partner
I also disagree that he was descent off the bench because if he was decscent Seibold would have kept him there but he dropped him

Weekes debut with the Raiders this year was with with a another debutant rookie half and they both over acceded expectations and won successive games including the game against us at Brookvale that we were expected to win against an understrength raiders team
Weekes clearly has a new mindset under his new coach

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I disagree that the Killer for Weekes was his debut for Manly against Penrith as he had DCE to guide him as his halves partner
I also disagree that he was descent off the bench because if he was decscent Seibold would have kept him there but he dropped him

Weekes debut with the Raiders this year was with with a another debutant rookie half and they both over acceded expectations and won successive games including the game against us at Brookvale that we were expected to win against an understrength raiders team
I do agree Weekes was not descent off the bench, but he was decent, including setting up tries and scoring a solo from dummy half and defended well too.
The Penrith game was 100% the time he was shifted to 5/8 and carved to shreds and saying he had DCE to guide him means very little, your making it sound like any 5/8 with DCE as his halves partner will be guided through the game, yet half the time DCE is lost himself and game management is not his strength.
The Canberra game a few weeks ago was just a terrible 2nd half performance, in a game Manly had dominated both Canberra and Weekes with ease 1st half.
I like Weekes and wish him well, but some of this coach blaming is making excuses for players performances, I mean they are not babies and as professional sportsmen should take some accountability and responsability for their own performances.....this blame the coach for the bad weather stuff is a bit of a copout excuse imo.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
...this blame the coach for the bad weather stuff is a bit of a copout excuse imo.
The key word from your post is Excuses feathered friend
We will agree to disagree and I will leave you with my final quote ....
Ordinary coaches come up with excuses and Great coaches come up with solutions and make a difference

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Clear to you that Sticky is the difference. Doesn't make it so.
Maybe he likes the Canberra fresh air. Or the fresh start.
Or maybe it's as simple as he's another year older?

Players typically improve over time (though some fans seem resistant to this obvious fact). There is a reason coaches seek out players with NRL experience.

There's a reason rep teams are full of players with heaps of experience. Cam McInnes and Mitch Barnett being talked up for SOO debuts, both are aged 30.

DCE debuted in NRL at age 22. Weekes only turned 22 a few months ago. It's good to see him playing well but don't forget Sticky only gave him a go because he had no other options.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
13 7 6 133 14
12 6 6 77 14