[Resurrected] DCE is the worst halfback in the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Lol, can't I rest on my laurels after 27000 posts 😊
I’ve got in the same discussions here over and over (everything from DCE to racism & sexism in footy, climate change, Paul Kent violence etc etc) and pretty much given my view on everything (multiple times!)(if not more!)
Still check in regularly (and no doubt will add 2c worth whenever I can’t help myself)
:giggle:
27000 , holy holy . prolific . Anyway missed your presence, banter and differing opinions, pretty much only DCE.

fair enough, rest up your typing finger.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
27000 , holy holy . prolific . Anyway missed your presence, banter and differing opinions, pretty much only DCE.

fair enough, rest up your typing finger.
Hey I type with all fingers (nearly all).
Someone's even left a piano here so I thought what the hey, I can't read music but I'll try to learn to play a tune - and I'm using both hands!! 3 cheers for youtube, Lol (previously only knew one tune on piano, Chariots of Fire)(easy tune but a goodie)
:)

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Hey I type with all fingers (nearly all).
Someone's even left a piano here so I thought what the hey, I can't read music but I'll try to learn to play a tune - and I'm using both hands!! 3 cheers for youtube, Lol (previously only knew one tune on piano, Chariots of Fire)(easy tune but a goodie)
:)
so someone just forgot there piano at yours , or lost it down the back of the couch so you claimed it. I need to get out more

I love the blues and piano in particular when they tickle them keys

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Nah I can't play music really. On guitar I can go into a trance playing the same progressions again and again, that's about it.
Actually I wish singing was more of a thing in our uptight culture, like it is in some others. I never learned as a kid and can't even sing happy birthday properly!

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Nah I can't play music really. On guitar I can go into a trance playing the same progressions again and again, that's about it.
Actually I wish singing was more of a thing in our uptight culture, like it is in some others. I never learned as a kid and can't even sing happy birthday properly!
Yet the sound of commuanl voice is so inspiring , i sing all the time, for my pleasure, not my family . Should be more of it, but aussies dont like doing things they ate crap at. Love a gospel choir

its so hard, i just joined a amateur theatre group, but the hoops that amateur group jumps through to get a venue, people, and equipment , etc , is challenging

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
the hoops that amateur group jumps through
Theatre? Or circus!
Sounds fun, Good on you!
Reminds me one of the things that grabbed me from earliest times being at Brookie, is the Manly chanting! Lot of people together, and it’s pretty easy tune, easy words, ‘Maan..ly, Maan.. ly’
lol, love it

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Theatre? Or circus!
Sounds fun, Good on you!
Reminds me one of the things that grabbed me from earliest times being at Brookie, is the Manly chanting! Lot of people together, and it’s pretty easy tune, easy words, ‘Maan..ly, Maan.. ly’
lol, love it
Nah theatre. I am the circus

always loved my garden shed song at the footy. The message doesnt matter the united voice of judgement about there windowless venue. Gold

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Theatre? Or circus!
Sounds fun, Good on you!
lol, love it
During games at brookie there is some raspy voiced dude that starts up the manly clap clap clap chant every game……………..Legend

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
Can't believe I'm actually posting in this silly thread ... but fwiw DCE is clearly a great player.
He's never been mentioned as a future immortal/best player in the game for the simple reason he does have some deficiencies. Mostly in Cronk-type steady, game management areas.

Toovey is another example of a great player but likewise never floated as a future immortal/best player in the game. No-one sane ever called Tooves the worst half in the game, yet there's a reasonable argument DCE is the better player of the two.

A lot of it comes down to some fans having an anti-DCE bias. Lit by gutter media narratives and fuelled by said fans need to find a scapegoat for Manly's decade of non-dominance. Personally I'm looking forward to him playing well against the Broncos, I rate our chances in this game!
I think it's pure racism.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Honestly there is the same in there
i went back and read the first 5 pages of worst halfback

its the same thing we are going through now. Giving up big leads yes

wouldnt have even looked or found it amongst the hundreds of pages

just my opinion

Staff online

• lsz