[Resurrected] DCE is the worst halfback in the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

The Indian

Bencher
I'm far from DCE biggest fan...I've sent myself mad yelling at him to think about what he's doing and not just free wheel it......

Today I can't knock him.. he played a controlled game where the object was to build pressure rather than try and hail mary tries with hero plays and it nearly worked.

Tonight was more how DCE plays for QLD. Credit where it's due....just did his job and cut out the Miracle plays. It wasn't enough but we looked more like.a footy team tonight. No knocks from me ( this time) for once

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'll just put this up here.
DCE - 315 games , 23 origins , 21 tests
Brooks - 215 games
Outplayed totally in last 3 games by
Weekes and Strange 10 + 14 games
Nikorima and Katoa. 190 + 30 games
Mam and Madden 47 + 27 games.
Anddddddddd? You don't think the coach being completely inept at coaching doesn't effect the entire team?

JakeyB789

Reserve Grader
Swap him with Madden tonight and we win that game comfortably. Could say the same about the last 2 weeks with Katoa and Weekes, he is living up to the title of this thread as much as some want to continue defending him

Mind you I think Brooks was even worse tonight and looked every bit the Tigers player that hasn’t played finals in over 200 games. A shame because the team as a whole really stood up tonight but was let down by piss poor play from the halves

Pepi

Bencher
I missed chunks of the game. Did we use a challenge? If we didn't lose our challenge, I can't understand why DCE didn't challenge the Paseka lost ball after being called held or the high tackle from Paulo.

hozza

Bencher
For 7 long years we’ve changed 5/8ths. Coaches. Defensive coaches. Forward packs. Hookers. Spines.
Excuse, after excuse. Since 2017 DCE has been the on field leader, he’s led us to ZERO. That can’t be disputed. Thats a stat. We can’t even make the finals regularly. That doesn’t mean it’s all his fault, it’s not. But for god sake he clearly can’t lead. Unless of course it’s a superstar team- QLD or otherwise ( 2011 team full of leaders).

AFL, Soccer, NBA all change the onfield leadership after such a long spell as also rans. We’ve become Parramatta. It’s mind blowing that people still think he’s a good captain, let alone a great one. Anyway, another year of mediocre performances. Next year won’t be much better.

Last edited:

The Indian

Bencher
I missed chunks of the game. Did we use a challenge? If we didn't lose our challenge, I can't understand why DCE didn't challenge the Paseka lost ball after being called held or the high tackle from Paulo.
Yep two great chances to challenge and he was nowhere to be seen. The Paulo one may not have gone our way cause the ref's protect their own.... but with 4 mins to go it was worth a try

Mal Cochrane

I'm not really Mal Cochrane...
I'm far from DCE biggest fan...I've sent myself mad yelling at him to think about what he's doing and not just free wheel it......

Today I can't knock him.. he played a controlled game where the object was to build pressure rather than try and hail mary tries with hero plays and it nearly worked.

Tonight was more how DCE plays for QLD. Credit where it's due....just did his job and cut out the Miracle plays. It wasn't enough but we looked more like.a footy team tonight. No knocks from me ( this time) for once
same, not his biggest fan but i thought DCE went ok

HoldenV8

Journey Man
That last play of the game was a case of extremely poor game management.

10 seconds left on the clock and the ball is passed to Haumole for a hit up that runs out the clock. Standing next to him?? DCE.......

Sorry but for the team captain with 316 first grade games experience including a Premiership win, plus he has 22 Origins and 22 tests to his name ... to not get the ball in that situation when he is standing right there, that is inexcusable

Under the Sticks

The spirit of Mooney 🦅
Premium Member
Brooks was disappointing. I can't understand why DCE cops criticism when we need more from our five eighth.
Time to question this $600k player, we sure didn’t hold back on his predecessor who was on the same cash.

He’s made 1.5 line breaks since he joined us and is so predictable as Carrigan demonstrated tonight.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Time to question this $600k player, we sure didn’t hold back on his predecessor who was on the same cash.

He’s made 1.5 line breaks since he joined us and is so predictable as Carrigan demonstrated tonight.
So you want Brooks, on far less coin, to come in and do what DCE refuses to? You want to blame Brooks for Manly’s performances and give DCE further free passes and no scrutiny….

Look, I think it’s fair to question Brooks and scrutinise his performances. I think he’s been reasonably sound with a few poor moments…. But compared to our saviour, DCE, no comparison in the disappointment stakes, IMO.

Last edited:

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I think most on here are still wondering about that. Paseka went to the ref to whinge…he should’ve went straight to DCE and threaten to knock him out if he didn’t challenge.
So to answer your question, no we didn’t use our challenge.

KaZa

Bencher
Dce was asleep at the wheel. Give it up old mate. He's passed his best. Decision making is horrible in defence and attack. A few intercepts and support play tries just paper over the cracks.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Third week in a row he's been outplayed. This time by Jock Madden, the guy who left the Tigers so he wouldn't have to be the understudy to… wait for it, Luke Brooks.

It looked to me tonight like he was concentrating on not doing anything stupid. As a consequence, he didn't do much at all.
My exact take

Pete W

Bencher
Dce was asleep at the wheel. Give it up old mate. He's passed his best. Decision making is horrible in defence and attack. A few intercepts and support play tries just paper over the cracks.
Past his best implies he was better in previous seasons, and with the exception of maybe a handful of games last season, what we've seen these last weeks is exactly what we've been seeing for a decade now. It's just for some odd reason, our expectations are higher this season - some even claiming a 'premiership window' because of a couple of early season scalps and a flashy pre-season documentary.

Last night was a night an experienced 300+ game halfback, captain of qld, etc etc etc... would take control and prove his worth. These are the games he is supposed to dominate and stamp his authority on much younger and less experienced playmakers. He was poor.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 6 -39 14