Pre-Game Dolphins V Manly [Round 10, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

30 24
Suncorp Stadium
09 May 2024 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dolphins 13+ can't see us getting close
I think the loss from tonight will be in the back of the players minds, I am thinking Manly win.

A couple of forced changes will add some energy to the team also, depending on who is available I think they beat the Donkeys in magic round along with the Storm at home.

Talent is there just got to focus on playing footy for 80 minutes.

You watch us bounce back , just like the Raiders bounced back.

They’ll be hurting big time , and as they should.

To lose after a 20-0 lead was abysmal.
Suppose so Mark, jumping to a lead seems to be a curse in our game tbh. The Phins game could be all sorts of outcomes next Thurs, big win, big loss who knows. We are such an enigma in this comp, bit like Forest Gumps chocolates.

Suppose so Mark, jumping to a lead seems to be a curse in our game tbh. The Phins game could be all sorts of outcomes next Thurs, big win, big loss who knows. We are such an enigma in this comp, bit like Forest Gumps chocolates.
I said in the lead up that the Faiders this week will be totally different to last weeks team.

Getting flogged 40-0 will do that to you.

I wasn’t surprised they threw everything at us , just like the Titans did , and the Eels tried to.

Honestly the curse in this competition is playing a side who were demoralised in their last game , and we’ve copped a few of them.

That said you should win after leading 20-0

Well, if there's one thing the Dolphins will do, and do well, is grind and grind when they need to.

It will be interesting to see how we respond to that style of play 2 weeks running after refusing to get into it last night.

Very tough assignment next Thursday night
After watching the dolphins tonight we are going to have to play at a really high level to beat them

They will destroy our no existent defence on our goal line

Dolphins 13+

Dolphins are a good team with a great coach. We need to turn up both mentally and physically. I'd say they're the unexpected favourites. Need to dig deep.

Very tough assignment next Thursday night
After watching the dolphins tonight we are going to have to play at a really high level to beat them

They will destroy our no existent defence on our goal line

Dolphins 13+
But it’s a lottery , every week can be different.

They’ll be cock a hoop, we’ll want redemption.

They’ll be favourites.

Ambush time

I think a lot of our fortunes next week will come down to who replaces Croker and whether Brown is injury free.

We should be able to win, we just need the side that has beaten the Roosters and Panthers to turn up, and not the one that lost to the Dragons and Raiders

No Croker is awful news. Against Raiders he made 36 tackles in 60 minutes. Losing that is going to be a problem. I anticipate we will play Lawton for 80, because from the opinions that I read it does not sound like GCKT or Humphreys is making any kind of strong argument for promotion. Which is very disappointing.

No Croker is awful news. Against Raiders he made 36 tackles in 60 minutes. Losing that is going to be a problem. I anticipate we will play Lawton for 80, because from the opinions that I read it does not sound like GCKT or Humphreys is making any kind of strong argument for promotion. Which is very disappointing.
Well, it could force others to step up defensively… and if they don’t, then there is video to review and face that reality.

Well, it could force others to step up defensively… and if they don’t, then there is video to review and face that reality.
Well technically, yeah........but how many videos do our guys have to see before we can hope for this thing called reality to sink in?

Well technically, yeah........but how many videos do our guys have to see before we can hope for this thing called reality to sink in?
Yeah, but we are talking about creating a new scenario we have been trying to avoid and protect without ever really testing it

Playing Lawton at hooker for anything other than a cameo would have to be a last resort. I don't mind him too much as a fill in edge forward but his service at dummy half is shocking and he doesn't offer a running threat

Just imagine for a minute… Fainu is our hooker, and continues his upward trajectory. Schu becomes all he promised (whatever position), and Turbo grew from 21…. Just wow. That is the magic that we need to beat the odds of economics and contemporary business NRL.

No game is an “ easy win “

The mighty mighty Melbourne Storm barely got past the side with one win last night and only because of a controversial penalty in the last few minutes.

That’s side 2 v side 17

You’re going to win some & lose some , regardless of how good your team is , and that’s the nature of this game in its new coat of colours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14