Pre-Game Dolphins V Manly [Round 10, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

30 24
Suncorp Stadium
09 May 2024 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like we’ll be without Browny, Sips, and Croker.

Likely team:

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Garrick
4. Koula
5. Talau
6. Brooks
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Lawton
10. Aloiai
11. Bullemor/Burbo
12. Waddell
13. Jurbo
14. GCKT
15. Lodge
16. Woods
17. ??

Looking pretty slim on the bench with Mole, Brown, Sips, and Croker missing.

I would’ve personally gone with Humphries over GCKT but based on the NSW Cup team this week it looks like Gordon is favoured.

We all know Woodsy will play next week.
Well, if there's one thing the Dolphins will do, and do well, is grind and grind when they need to.

It will be interesting to see how we respond to that style of play 2 weeks running after refusing to get into it last night.

Fins will be a great opportunity after not grinding and defending against the raiders.

An even greater opportunity for some if both Brown and Toff are out. If new blood can show that tough edge, the season could really open up for em.

Can't see us winning this one unfortunately

No hope on this weekends form.

They are slick in attack and will defend for 80 minutes. Slow starts their last 3 weeks, but are strong finishers.

My prediction is we will lead 14-0 after 20 minutes and get beaten 36-20.

Anybody who takes "form" into account when it comes to rugby league is doomed to disappointment. If RL teams were racehorses they would be the subject of a steward's enquiry every few weeks.

Agree, asssuming we go in as underdogs we will win.

Anybody who takes "form" into account when it comes to rugby league is doomed to disappointment. If RL teams were racehorses they would be the subject of a steward's enquiry every few weeks.

Yes that is often very true.

Luckily for me the form stood up for my best result of the year when Dragons hammered the Warriors. Theory being Dragons flogged Eagles at same ground then we went to NZ and drew with Warriors - in my mind confirming Warriors were inferior to Eagles at that time. Meaning Warriors were pushing it up hill to beat Dragons.

Also like to mention backing Tom as first try scorer has been like stealing money over the last 7 weeks. 4 wins, 3 at $10 or better but only $7 vs Raiders. Might be time to quit this fruitful exercise.

No game is an “ easy win “

The mighty mighty Melbourne Storm barely got past the side with one win last night and only because of a controversial penalty in the last few minutes.

That’s side 2 v side 17

You’re going to win some & lose some , regardless of how good your team is , and that’s the nature of this game in its new coat of colours.
Souths are last. Just pointing that out because I’m really happy about it and want as many people to know as possible 😂

We all know Woodsy will play next week.
We all Know what we are going to get with Players like Woodsy and so do the Dolphins

The Experienced Woodsy again played his Trademark Inspirational Role on our 42 points to 22 loss to the Raiders in NSW cup

We may as well throw Woodsys NSW cup team mate Parker in the deep blue sea up against the Dolphins as well
1714884721836.png

Can we not pile On points early we tend to play better in games when we’re in the grind.I Didn’t realise how many injuries these guys have surely we can beat these guys if buff-heads don’t drop the ball & garrick kick conversions.

I said in the lead up that the Faiders this week will be totally different to last weeks team.

Getting flogged 40-0 will do that to you.

I wasn’t surprised they threw everything at us , just like the Titans did , and the Eels tried to.

Honestly the curse in this competition is playing a side who were demoralised in their last game , and we’ve copped a few of them.

That said you should win after leading 20-0
Text the same thing to my mate at start of phins cows game Mark when cows went up 10-0 early. Was looking like another game v a team coming off a flogging. Tbh it turned out to be a tough game for them in the heat and a short turnaround. They are also inconsistent so could be anything. Hoping another flogging like last year.

I Didn’t realise how many injuries these guys have
They do have a lot of injuries but they are also a very Resilient team
The Had 5 of their most dominant player out
Hammer
Kenny Bromwich
Farnworth
Flegler
Tim Gilbert
and they Resiliently Grinded a win against the cowboys away from home
Remarkable Really

Can we not pile On points early we tend to play better in games when we’re in the grind.I Didn’t realise how many injuries these guys have surely we can beat these guys if buff-heads don’t drop the ball & garrick kick conversions.
You are spot on, whenever we skip to a 12+ lead early I get nervous. You just know either we drop off in intensity or the ref evens up the game. Maybe we perform beter in a Titans type of game were the lead changes multiple times. The Phins game is anybody's guess on who'll win this one.

I said in the lead up that the Faiders this week will be totally different to last weeks team.

Getting flogged 40-0 will do that to you.

I wasn’t surprised they threw everything at us , just like the Titans did , and the Eels tried to.

Honestly the curse in this competition is playing a side who were demoralised in their last game , and we’ve copped a few of them.

That said you should win after leading 20-0
The thing is You knew and every body that knows the game well that a Ricky Raiders team would be a totally different team from their previous loss as Ricky would have had them prepared and have his boys to fire up
Seibold knew that too but failed to get his team up for a win
The 20 nil capitulation on our home ground was character assassination
Very disappointing and No Excuses

Last edited:
No game is an “ easy win “

The mighty mighty Melbourne Storm barely got past the side with one win last night and only because of a controversial penalty in the last few minutes.

That’s side 2 v side 17

You’re going to win some & lose some , regardless of how good your team is , and that’s the nature of this game in its new coat of colours.
Yep and that same Melb team have only won one game by more than 8pts. They have win one game by 8 and all the rest have been 6 or less. Shows their steel to get it done, but also how close the comp is. I’ve watched a lot of footy this year and feel there is no team we can’t beat when we play our best footy. We just need to close the gap between our best and worst games.

Sounds like we’ll be without Browny, Sips, and Croker.

Likely team:

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Garrick
4. Koula
5. Talau
6. Brooks
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Lawton
10. Aloiai
11. Bullemor/Burbo
12. Waddell
13. Jurbo
14. GCKT
15. Lodge
16. Woods
17. ??

Looking pretty slim on the bench with Mole, Brown, Sips, and Croker missing.

I would’ve personally gone with Humphries over GCKT but based on the NSW Cup team this week it looks like Gordon is favoured.
If burbo back it will be bully back to a bench middle and the rest as per how you listed. Just depends on who he goes with in 14 for mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12