Pre-Game Dolphins V Manly [Round 10, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

30 24
Suncorp Stadium
09 May 2024 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is You knew and every body that knows the game well that a Ricky Raiders team would be a totally different team from their previous loss as Ricky would have had them prepared and have his boys to fire up
Seibold knew that too but failed to get his team up for a win
The 20 nil capitulation on our home ground was character assassination
Very disappointing and No Excuses
My comment wasn’t an excuse , it’s simply pointing out the up & down nature of this competition & how teams that get flogged often turn around and win the week after.

Also pointing out no team is as yet “ clinical and performing at 110%”

And the “ lead by 20 & being run down “ is a common theme , it happened a few times this last round.

The game isn’t 1978 or 2008, it’s 2024 and like it or not ( I don’t ) it’s changed.

The rules, the bunker , the refereeing , it’s all about “ entertainment “ now.

I’m certainly not excusing the last loss, but if you take the maroon & white goggles off and look at other games it’s not just our team.

Well I’m heading to this game on Thursday night with my young fella. We will be passionately cheering the boys home! I have a feeling we are going to open them up with some expansive play. Phins also strangely seem to play a bit worse at Suncorp.

I can't understand why you wouldn't play smart football after leading 20 nil. We have given up good leads far too often this season for it not to be a serious problem. Its poor on field decision making. We lack composure and discipline.
What about the off field Preparation and the half time pep talk ?
Its all about that too. Just ask Demetriou He will will tell you

I can't understand why you wouldn't play smart football after leading 20 nil. We have given up good leads far too often this season for it not to be a serious problem. It’s poor on field decision making. We lack composure and discipline.
It happened to a few teams this weekend , I can’t be bothered watching every game and noting the penalty / 6 again flow , but I saw exactly the same thing in another game where a team led well and suddenly the penalties / 6 agains started flowing to the other side and just like that it’s 20 all.

Now, is this “ massaging the game” or sides “ getting a lead and changing the game plan which leads to all the penalties etc “, dunno, but I think it’s happening too often to not think it’s like “ scripting to endure a close game “.

My comment wasn’t an excuse , it’s simply pointing out the up & down nature of this competition & how teams that get flogged often turn around and win the week after.

Also pointing out no team is as yet “ clinical and performing at 110%”

And the “ lead by 20 & being run down “ is a common theme , it happened a few times this last round.

The game isn’t 1978 or 2008, it’s 2024 and like it or not ( I don’t ) it’s changed.

The rules, the bunker , the refereeing , it’s all about “ entertainment “ now.

I’m certainly not excusing the last loss, but if you take the maroon & white goggles off and look at other games it’s not just our team.
Good morning feathered friend I hope your well
You say your comment was not an excuse
But you have filled all you post with excuses for that 20 to Nil Capitulation

My Maroon and White goggles that focus on our Resilient Benchmark Premiership Winning teams will remain on as always. The Game has changed but Resilience still prevails
Have a good day feathered friend

I would suggest this is anyone’s game on Thursday night.

The Phins have a few out and are up & down like most.

It’s a Thursday night so I doubt there will be much of a crowd so that mightn’t be much of a factor.

As always it’s a lottery , toss a coin , may as well it’s as good as anything.

I can't understand why you wouldn't play smart football after leading 20 nil. We have given up good leads far too often this season for it not to be a serious problem. Its poor on field decision making. We lack composure and discipline.
100% @Tragic Eagle However, it's all fixable. Our biggest problems are our on-field leadership and game management under pressure. IMHO, it can be fixed quite quickly by removing Tom's ability to override DCEs' calls from fullback. Tom demands too much of the ball when other players, such as Koula, are simply not getting the ball as often as they should. I thought we stopped playing Turbo-ball in back in 2021. The opposition knows that 80% of our backline plays result in Turbo getting the ball. He should play a decoy role far more often in my view. It's not rocket science.

100% @Tragic Eagle However, it's all fixable. Our biggest problems are our on-field leadership and game management under pressure. IMHO, it can be fixed quite quickly by removing Tom's ability to override DCEs' calls from fullback. Tom demands too much of the ball when other players, such as Koula, are simply not getting the ball as often as they should. I thought we stopped playing Turbo-ball in back in 2021. The opposition knows that 80% of our backline plays result in Turbo getting the ball. He should play a decoy role far more often in my view. It's not rocket science.

I fear Turbo is becoming another Paul Gallen getting his numbers up by taking multiple hitups. Should be saving himself for the big plays. I cannot believe he picked up a point in the Dally Ms. His defence and ball handling was putrid.

I fear Turbo is becoming another Paul Gallen getting his numbers up by taking multiple hitups. Should be saving himself for the big plays. I cannot believe he picked up a point in the Dally Ms. His defence and ball handling was putrid.
Why oh why does he always take the 4th hit up , talk about telegraphing any play to the opposition.

But edwards does it urgently and with pace. Turbo does it like a school assignment.

It’s sad that the dolphin s halves comprising a journeymen and a 20 yo kid will out play and out structure our 500 plus games halves combination including the Australian and QLD captain

The fullback on 140 k will probably out play our million dollar man too

Watching both teams on the weekend, I can’t see how we win. Our team needs to give a **** and play both sides of the ball for 80 mins.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12