Post-Game Discussion Dolphins V Manly [Round 10, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Dolphins
Vs
Sea Eagles
30 Suncorp Stadium
09 May 2024 19:50
80:00 minute

Match Stats

The Footy Gods are punishing us for "winning" that downgrade for Cherry at the judiciary.

I said last week we would have been better off with Jake Arthur out there, if only to see what this team is really made of. Cherry was somehow even worse this week, with his arm-grabbing defence, stupid options and poor passes. And, unfortunately, we all know what this team is made of.

Rinse and repeat from last week's "effort". Only with injuries to Saab and Turbo on top. Whoever could have foreseen such calamitous events, aside from anyone who's watched Manly play over the last five years or so?

Said it at half-time, but I actually feel sorry for Seibold. Imagine having to rely on this group of players to resurrect your career.

I feel like the guy in the Network movie who yells out the window "I'm as mad as hell and Im not going to take this any more !!!"
We get in front in that 2nd 1/2 and then again DCE kicks on the 3rd ?and Garrick drops the ball on the kick return and then TT is rewarded by not putting the shoulder into Bostack by snapping his rotting hamsting on a cameraman , unbelievable ,so frustrating to watch .
We get Hamole back next week ,and maybe Brown.
But we have to find 2 centers , give the guy at BWSE a go,his D could not be any worse that GArricks has been over the last few weeks .I would like to know if Gordan was trying to milk something when he went down.?
Anyways I actually thought we went a little straighter into the line when he was DH

Last edited:
@Ryan
I don’t think the our overall middles were poor.

Sipley was piss poor. His two poor efforts directly led to two tries.

Losing Saab early on caused a major reshuffle and stuffed up our bench rotation. We ended up playing with Jake at hooker and Lawton in the centres.

We only lost by 6. We haven’t been flogged once this year. So we are always in the contest. I choose to see that as a positive.

I get your passionate and it seems a win/loss really dictates your mood for the week. It use to affect me quite a bit as well. But these days, I move on after a loss and choose to focus on other things until next weeks game rolls around.

Mate, there's only 3 teams worse than us defensively (even the Titans have a better against record), and they've won ONE game. That shows, as @maxta said last week, a really, really soft underbelly. Something tbh, The Broncos showed in Siebolds last year there as well.

But it's not that mate. It's recruitment. We are asking a collective group to achieve things they are incapable of. Each player in their own right (despite what you'd read here) is a good player (some great). But you need balance. You need toughness. You need luck. You need commitment. I think we have a fair bit of commitment, but lack the other factors.

I said we'd come 13th - 15th to start the season, and we'll end up in that position. We can't keep acquiring other teams castoffs, washed up or downgraded players. That's not a recipe for success. They'll break down. They are too similar (slow, immobile, power players). We are a 2012 quality squad, and haven't adapted to the league the past decade (apart from maybe the COVID year). They'll fall away when they get lethargic.

But you're right. I've let this team dictate my emotions for far too long, which is why I didn't even bother watching tonight. I told NREagle exactly what would happen the minute we lost to The Raiders who had halves that had less than 10-15 NRL first grade games.

Last two years magic round where we've sold our game to the Broncos and been beaten 38 nil and 34 to 6.

Be about 120 to 12 after next week

Great investment.
Thanks, the haze of losing tonight as affected my train of thought. You know what, I'll be happy with a 18 pt loss next week.

Saab and Tommy both gone for an extended period, can this get any worse.
It’s only May. Oh Fkn oath it can. I hope it doesn’t, but fark me that was hard to watch.
The only two good players were Tommy TALAU,and cum tounge (even with 10 minutes on the field before he got HIA’d, showed more than Lawton all game.)

Another poor effort;

Forwards are rubbish unfortunately - Sipley back to Blacktown, really need a quality 2nd rower who can tackle asap to help out. Waddell average, Bull is a middle (I know injury forced out hand).

DCE is a mistakeathon last few weeks, getting found out in defence.

We seemed totally gassed the longer it went in both halves - not sure what happened to our fitness.

Anyway another crap night at Suncorp and I have to front up again next week.

@stoodamire :
You said: Turn it up. Bromwich, Nicholls and Kaufusi are far from fast, mobile and agile pack.
We massacred Roosters and Panthers pack. But don't let facts get in the way of your agenda.

@effnic liked your comment
@Waz13 said it was a winner
@Eagle 1 said it was a winner
@Sheikheagle agreed with your comment

Mate, you and I agreed to talk after the game, to see if what I suggested (i.e. poor defense, lack of mobility, abundance of injury prone players, record at Suncorp etc etc etc was an agenda, or possibly realism. It doesn't please me at ALL that I was spot on, to the tee, in every aspect.

30 points pumped past us. Soft underbelly and poor game management glaringly abundant.

I'm not asking for an argument or fight with you. We BOTH agreed to revisit this. I just wonder if after watching things pan out just as I said they might, you'd revisit your comments to me (or any of the other posters who added their support)?

I DO notice that one poster who claimed your post was a winner for example, is now agreeing with people saying "season over". Funny how these things go.

EDIT: For the record, I didn't actually watch the game. I'm playing dungeons and dragons with my mates, I've just watched the NRL game updates, so I MAY actually be off.
Do you really pay this much attention to what people post @Ryan to call responses out after? cos I certainly don’t. I get your prob frustrated but let that s$&@ slide man.

At the game tonight with my kids, what was again clear is how f$&@en dumb we are and how we lack the ability to put the foot on the throat when we have a commanding lead.Phins were cooked in the middle 3/4 of the way through the first half and we failed to expose them in that area.

Down to one reserve at the end I think. Game v broncs will be interesting now.

It’s only May. Oh Fkn oath it can. I hope it doesn’t, but fark me that was hard to watch.
The only two good players were Tommy TALAU,and cum tounge (even with 10 minutes on the field before he got HIA’d, showed more than Lawton all game.)
Yeah, I'm afraid your spot on Wombat.
Kam Tong was just starting to scheme around the rucks a bit then cops a head knock. Talau to centres next week, he's been great since coming in. Just praying Broncs have a off game next week, we got nothing tbh.

What was the game plan for tonight's game. The captain was trying to either score ,throw the Miracle pass or kick a 40/20, fwds running sideways and waving their hands at players as they run past them. a full back that was continually out of position, and trying to play like a forward, Tom it is nice to come in occasionally not all the time. Suggest that the centres and wingers mark their opposite player in defense, and in wet conditions please don't try to run close to the sideline. Overall the majority of the players remined me of headless chooks, who can't tackle and running all over the place with no direction. Coaches fault, players fault, combination of both?

I feel like this club is at a cross roads with some big decisions to be made in the foreseeable future. But this year I have to say we are massive pretenders. We just hope that we can score 31 points as we conceed 30 every week.

1. I'm prepared give seibold a go but we need to get some better people around him. Whilst our attack and style of play might be nice to watch sometimes, there is no denying we are soft. Terrible defence out wide and lazy around the ruck. We do not have the defence or The resilience to come close to the top teams. We have a roster that should be doing better.
2. Iove Crocker's work ethic and toughness but he's not a top 4 dummy half. Time to look to the future. Forget about Lawton also.
3. Tommy Tommy... We love you mate and I've never questioned your desire but...well ok l..I'm questioning your desire. Lots of basic school boy errors in your game this year, some questionable defence and lazy positioning. The injury tonight was unfortunate but... We can't be paying you such a large percentage of the salary cap to have you play 12 games a year.
4. Saab might have speed but offers little else. Surely there are better options out there.
5. Our back 5 offer nothing coming off our own 20m. Penrith do this so well.

Do you really pay this much attention to what people post @Ryan to call responses out after? cos I certainly don’t. I get your prob frustrated but let that s$&@ slide man.

At the game tonight with my kids, what was again clear is how f$&@en dumb we are and how we lack the ability to put the foot on the throat when we have a commanding lead.Phins were cooked in the middle 3/4 of the way through the first half and we failed to expose them in that area.

Down to one reserve at the end I think. Game v broncs will be interesting now.
Well I was hoping you'd get involved in the convo, to explain your perspective. Nothing sinister mate. But yeah, I do look at who likes, or what other emotion on a post, to be able to understand their mindset.

So.im not having a go tagging you, I was hoping you'd share your opinion and thoughts about the convo Stoodo and I was having, to see if you'd changed your view ???

Sorry about your experience at the game mate. Least it was close !

I feel like this club is at a cross roads with some big decisions to be made in the foreseeable future. But this year I have to say we are massive pretenders. We just hope that we can score 31 points as we conceed 30 every week.

1. I'm prepared give seibold a go but we need to get some better people around him. Whilst our attack and style of play might be nice to watch sometimes, there is no denying we are soft. Terrible defence out wide and lazy around the ruck. We do not have the defence or The resilience to come close to the top teams. We have a roster that should be doing better.
2. Iove Crocker's work ethic and toughness but he's not a top 4 dummy half. Time to look to the future. Forget about Lawton also.
3. Tommy Tommy... We love you mate and I've never questioned your desire but...well ok l..I'm questioning your desire. Lots of basic school boy errors in your game this year, some questionable defence and lazy positioning. The injury tonight was unfortunate but... We can't be paying you such a large percentage of the salary cap to have you play 12 games a year.
4. Saab might have speed but offers little else. Surely there are better options out there.
5. Our back 5 offer nothing coming off our own 20m. Penrith do this so well.
Well said, only the Saab comment that I didnt agree with.

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Dolphins: 30
Manly: 24

438305682_1041322080759373_6553906095498462203_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

giphy1.gif

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews:

Match Report:

Game Stats Review:

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights:

Full Match Replay Link:

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

441527198_1041287020762879_4201633247164829081_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Press Print & Video Articles:

Turbo suffers devastating injury blow as Dolphins pip Manly

NRL Live: Turbo cleans up cameraman, ruled out of clash

Sea Eagles Judiciary News:
  • Ethan Bullemor was Penalised at Game Time 77:50 for a Dangerous Tackle and was subsequently placed on report at Game Time 78:03.
  • Josh Aloiai was Penalised at Game Time 65:54 also for a Dangerous Tackle but he was not placed on report however, he could still be charged post-match by the Match Review Committee.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12