Garrick or Koula for No 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Who fills in for Tom

• Reuben Garrick

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Tolutau Koula

Votes: 60 85.7%
  • I dont care, when does the cricket season start?

Votes: 5 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You have a problem with that? Btw I didn’t mention him after last night. Unlike you I don’t whine & complain like you do!

No I don't have a problem with that.I found it amusing. I didn't mention him either after last night.
U seem to be whining and complaining now. 😀

For me, if Tom's gone the season's likely to be done also.
So I'd leave the centre pairing as Garrick & Koula & give young Hoppa a go at fullback (lesson time for him) if the club has him in their future plans.

I actually see it as the opportunity to give Koula a run at FB, where he could potentially be better utilised than he currently is, and over time, grow into a special player there. The only downside is that the Turbo and Saab injuries leave us thin in the backs, and Koula will not get the support in those key back positions that Turbo usually enjoys. It wont be a pretty development curve nor a quick one there for Koula.

And as somebody else mentioned in another thread... Turbo should be brought back into the centres for the remainder of his career, if he does make it back again from injury.
The club has no choice but to bring youth into the side, the way we're going it couldn't possibly be any worse, besides every other club has elevated juniors with great success

Agree Koala to fullback, Talau to centre, Jason Paulo to wing. Clayton Faulolo or Hoopa to wing. Oka and Burbo in second row with Waddell off the bench. Humpreys in at 14.

Agree Koala to fullback, Talau to centre, Jason Paulo to wing. Clayton Faulolo or Hoopa to wing. Oka and Burbo in second row with Waddell off the bench. Humpreys in at 14.
Ray Vega also ok for a wing spot, he is a tough nut.

Koula for sure. He's more explosive. Doesn't get enough ball in the centres. Wasted. Hoppa to be introduced on the wing. Garrick and Talau centres. I'd like to see Faololo get a run as well.

It’s already been reported that Manly are likely to select Koula at fullback.

I posted that advice, via an excerpt from an Adrian Proszenko article in the SMH, in this very thread just yesterday!

Here it is again:

Post in thread 'Garrick or Koula for No 1'
Garrick or Koula for No 1

Garrick should count himself lucky to be Iin The team at all,

He is In woeful form

Koula to fullback. Fualalo and burbo to centres, Spose plodell will need to stay on the edge,
Highest points scorer in the league..... I reckon he'd get a gig in any of the NRL teams.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-11 184911.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-11 184911.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 16
Koula who has speed to burn. He now has his chance to get more involved in games and would be lethal in support play.

I probably more favour Koula at FB, because I think the team balance might be a little better.

If he is FB then I think the wingers should be Talau and Garrick, no knock against Garrick but I think Koula will need the support of steady wingers and Talau and Garrick provide that much more than promoting someone from the underperforming BWSE.

Obvious problems at Centre. So far as I can I'd fix that by choosing Ben T (an obvious choice really) and then I'd bite my lip and bring back Brad Parker. His form doesn't really merit it by most reporting but at least he has quite a lot of NRL Centre experience. An option might be Jake Arthur as well, he is a solid defender and obviously a good ballplayer and maybe we need to give him some game time ahead of his call up in the Origin period.

Problem with picking Garrick imo, you keep the Centres stronger that way but you weaken the wingers and I can't really think of a solution except to promote a BWSE winger and I really don't like that thought against Brisbane, which features good effective wingers. Think I remember what happened to Ray Vaega in the corresponding game last year, don't want to watch that again.

Not sure where else to post this but my god Garrick has been incredibly disappointing this season

His decision to kick on 2nd after making that break tonight was absolutely mind blowing and his defence has shown no sign of improvement after around 10 games of letting tries in at will

Credit to him for scoring a few tries but a bit easier to do so when you have zero intention of ever passing the ball to your winger

Not sure where else to post this but my god Garrick has been incredibly disappointing this season

His decision to kick on 2nd after making that break tonight was absolutely mind blowing and his defence has shown no sign of improvement after around 10 games of letting tries in at will

Credit to him for scoring a few tries but a bit easier to do so when you have zero intention of ever passing the ball to your winger
Agree. He should be a senior player leading this group, but plays like an individual. He should absolutely be back on the wing, swapping with Talau, as so many of us have been advocating. Politics and human frailty eh!

Last edited:
I probably more favour Koula at FB, because I think the team balance might be a little better.

If he is FB then I think the wingers should be Talau and Garrick, no knock against Garrick but I think Koula will need the support of steady wingers and Talau and Garrick provide that much more than promoting someone from the underperforming BWSE.

Obvious problems at Centre. So far as I can I'd fix that by choosing Ben T (an obvious choice really) and then I'd bite my lip and bring back Brad Parker. His form doesn't really merit it by most reporting but at least he has quite a lot of NRL Centre experience. An option might be Jake Arthur as well, he is a solid defender and obviously a good ballplayer and maybe we need to give him some game time ahead of his call up in the Origin period.

Problem with picking Garrick imo, you keep the Centres stronger that way but you weaken the wingers and I can't really think of a solution except to promote a BWSE winger and I really don't like that thought against Brisbane, which features good effective wingers. Think I remember what happened to Ray Vaega in the corresponding game last year, don't want to watch that again.
Similar to yourself I would have Garrick on the left wing and with Saab out Paulo on the right wing, right centre Ben T and Talau at left centre.

I like Talau but for me he doesn’t have the speed for the wing and if he plays like today he will do well at centre with a few tweaks to setting up his outside man.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11