Go Matildas' .. World Cup Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Captain Moondog

Absolute Superstar
The Complete Military History of France

• Gallic Wars - Lost. In a war whose ending foreshadows the next 2000 years of French history, .
  • Hundred Years War - Mostly lost. Saved at last moment by schizophrenic teenage girl, who inadvertently creates The First Rule of French Warfare: "France's armies are victorious only when not led by a Frenchman."
  • Italian Wars - Lost. France becomes the first and only country to ever lose two wars to the Italians.
  • Thirty Years War - France is technically not a participant, but manages to get invaded anyway. Claims a tie on the basis that eventually the other participants started ignoring her.
  • The Dutch War - Tied
  • War of the Augsburg League/King William's War/French and Indian War - Lost, but claimed as a tie. Three ties in a row induces deluded Francophiles the world over to label the period as the height of French military power.
  • War of the Spanish Succession - Lost. The War also gave the French their first taste of a Marlborough, which they have loved every since.
  • French Revolution - Won, primarily due the fact that the opponent was also French.
  • The Napoleonic Wars - Lost. Temporary victories (remember the First Rule!) due to leadership of a Corsican, who ended up being no match for a British footwear designer.
  • The Franco-Prussian War - Lost.
  • World War I - Tied and on the way to losing, France is saved by the Allies
  • World War II - Lost. Conquered French liberated by Allies just as they were learning Deutschland Uber Alles.
  • War in Indochina - Lost. French forces plead sickness, take to bed with the Dien Bien Flu
  • Algerian Rebellion - Lost. Loss marks the first defeat of a western army by a Non-Turkic Muslim force since the Crusades, and produces the First Rule of Muslim Warfare; "We can always beat the French.
  • War on Terrorism - France, keeping in mind its recent history, surrenders to Germans and Muslims just to be safe.

Captain Moondog

Absolute Superstar
...well ok...
It was the day of The Battle of Ringsend
The Russian Fleet attacked
The Irish Navy couldn't be found
Someone had gotten the sack

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Can't believe @globaleagle would turn traitor to his own country just because he's afraid of little missus Moose ...

Says the guy from a country too scared to go it alone from England!!!!

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!

lol.

I'm a Canadian citizen, so :p

bloomin' eck it's hard to type with a cat crawling all over you!

(_you would be too if you met her!!!)

Uk eagle

Bencher

• Gallic Wars - Lost. In a war whose ending foreshadows the next 2000 years of French history, .
  • Hundred Years War - Mostly lost. Saved at last moment by schizophrenic teenage girl, who inadvertently creates The First Rule of French Warfare: "France's armies are victorious only when not led by a Frenchman."
  • Italian Wars - Lost. France becomes the first and only country to ever lose two wars to the Italians.
  • Thirty Years War - France is technically not a participant, but manages to get invaded anyway. Claims a tie on the basis that eventually the other participants started ignoring her.
  • The Dutch War - Tied
  • War of the Augsburg League/King William's War/French and Indian War - Lost, but claimed as a tie. Three ties in a row induces deluded Francophiles the world over to label the period as the height of French military power.
  • War of the Spanish Succession - Lost. The War also gave the French their first taste of a Marlborough, which they have loved every since.
  • French Revolution - Won, primarily due the fact that the opponent was also French.
  • The Napoleonic Wars - Lost. Temporary victories (remember the First Rule!) due to leadership of a Corsican, who ended up being no match for a British footwear designer.
  • World War II - Lost. Conquered French liberated by Allies just as they were learning Deutschland Uber Alles.
  • War in Indochina - Lost. French forces plead sickness, take to bed with the Dien Bien Flu
  • Algerian Rebellion - Lost. Loss marks the first defeat of a western army by a Non-Turkic Muslim force since the Crusades, and produces the First Rule of Muslim Warfare; "We can always beat the French.
  • War on Terrorism - France, keeping in mind its recent history, surrenders to Germans and Muslims just to be safe.
I'm constantly surprised that the French flag isn't just completely white, they've waved it often enough.

Uk eagle

Bencher
Says the guy from a country too scared to go it alone from England!!!!

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!

lol.

I'm a Canadian citizen, so :p

bloomin' eck it's hard to type with a cat crawling all over you!

(_you would be too if you met her!!!)
I've got a cousin who moved to WA about 15 years ago and supports Australia in sporting events. He was mid 40's when he left, so old enough to know his own mind... just. I think it's fair enough if you move to a new country and embrace it's culture and become a citizen. Btw it sounded like you were typing with a northern English accent with the bit about your cat

Uk eagle

Bencher
Also, I wasn't even aware that there was a women's world cup about to start til I saw it on here. Although this must be tempered with the knowledge that the last men's tournament largely passed me by.... without googling the answer I can't even remember who won it

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
^ Those buggers from Argentina with the DH goalie beat France in the final.

- but that's not important right now.

The '47ers

When Eagles are silent Parrots begin to chatter

• The Dutch War - Tied

The French Revolution recap had me laughing hard 😂

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
That's bad news about Sam, we've all been waiting to see the greatness, then injured her calf in the last training session. (Imagine if that happened at Manly....well we don't because we've seen the vitriol when players get injured at training.)

Anyway..

Woohoo! 1-0 win over Ireland. Very good penalty shot by Catley.

Captain Moondog

Absolute Superstar
Never give up....
leprechaun-st-pattys-day.gif

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
C'MON CANADA!!!!!

Still 0-0 after 80 mins. Ugh Cpt Sinclair misses a penalty shot!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 80 22
11 8 3 75 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 18
12 7 5 -37 18
13 7 6 133 16
13 7 6 47 16
13 7 6 -34 16