Kaeo Weekes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Eagle 1

First Grader
Don’t think winning 1 premiership with a star studded Roosters team over 20 years ago qualifies as a great coach. Aside from the year Canberra was unlucky a few years ago, his other teams like Parra and Cronulla didn’t threaten.
This will be Sticky's 11 th year with the Faders and only one GF game. How fo they keep renewing his contract ?...

Rafferty

Mug punter
Yeah but that’s my point … he played half a season in a number of positions and his reputation/ expectation vastly exceeded his ability.
Kid just wasn’t given a fair go in my opinion, he was a rookie, should of been given a role and time to develop, I don’t know what people expect, especially given his circumstances, anyway it’s in the past, no point discussing really, good luck to the kid.

manly al

First Grader
Don "t think that there was any doubt by Manly that Kaeo had some serious natural ability and the potential to maybe establish himself as a capable i st grader .
Just could not be realized and there were no lacking in opportunities overall , more like a confidence and initiative factor . Though did occasionally show a few promising signs .
Maybe being tried in a few different positions was not overly helpful and playing as a 7 may well have been a good option .
Arthur being given the nod when Cherry was not available which seemed reasonable at the time and Kaeo hardly set the world on fire when he pretty much reverted back to full back at Blacktown and then a 4 th choice fullback option for Manly .
Certainly were understandable high hopes for him just based on ability but circumstances and perceived priorities pretty much came into play and just the way things work out sometime when an opportunity is presented elsewhere

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Jake arthur , half or lock
Lawnton hooker, backrower
Humphries hooker half

Jakey prop and lock
Croker hooker / versatile

Have no game management
But have confirmed 6 and 7

The squad has had too many utilities to try to accomodate the missing pieces in the halves and at 9 . In some ways we have weakened roles elsewhere to strengthen others

Weekes just made that utility list longer without solving the on field problems. Good prospect just not the piece to balance this squad

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Lets no rewrite the narrative here of Sticky nurturing Kaeo.

He is starting because Fogerty is out. Fogerty never gets injured and Kaeo is still in reserve grade.

Credit to him he has had a few good games but we are blowing it out of proportion.

XV-1

First Grader
Lets no rewrite the narrative here of Sticky nurturing Kaeo.

He is starting because Fogerty is out. Fogerty never gets injured and Kaeo is still in reserve grade.

Credit to him he has had a few good games but we are blowing it out of proportion.

When Schu got injured last year, then was dropped. Did coach Seibold get Weekes into 5/8th? No. He put Jake Arthur in.
Anyone can see Weekes has so much more upside than Arthur's, but Weekes needed some coaching.

No surprise Weekes was jettisoned by can't coach Seibold.

Phobia

He would still be playing for Blacktown. There is no chance he'd oust DCE or Brooks from First Grade for at least another season. So, it was sensible of him and the club to part ways.
I think it would've be a different story if Seibold had put the same effort into Weekes in the halves, as Ricky Stuart has. Clearly the potential was there, and Stuart put in more effort to realise it. Probably if we did that, and realised some kind of potential in Weekes, we wouldn't have signed Brooks, and saved some cash. Clearly either Seibold or Moses didn't want that to happen. Weekes was ultimately scapegoated for a loss to the premiers that was much beyond his control, and probably needed more chances to sort out his line defence. Not like our 2023 season or our 2023 5/8 came to be anything, anyway.

Either way, hindsight sucks. Probably needed the same scouts that snuffed out Talau looking at Weekes for the potential already within our own camp.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
So, it was sensible of him and the club to part ways.
What is so sensible about releasing a player that is now relishing at another club ?
Weekes at the Raiders who is pared with another 19 year old rookie half is playing as good as the more pricey Brooks.
Brooks is on 600k and the 16 nrl game Manly rookie Weekes would be on a minimum contract
.The Sensible Salary cap value seems to be with the Raiders

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
I think it would've be a different story if Seibold had put the same effort into Weekes in the halves, as Ricky Stuart has. Clearly the potential was there, and Stuart put in more effort to realise it. Probably if we did that, and realised some kind of potential in Weekes, we wouldn't have signed Brooks, and saved some cash. Clearly either Seibold or Moses didn't want that to happen. Weekes was ultimately scapegoated for a loss to the premiers that was much beyond his control, and probably needed more chances to sort out his line defence. Not like our 2023 season or our 2023 5/8 came to be anything, anyway.

Either way, hindsight sucks. Probably needed the same scouts that snuffed out Talau looking at Weekes for the potential already within our own camp.
If Fogarty was fit Weekes would still be playing Cup. Sure he has played well when given an opportunity but let's not pretend Sticky brought him to Canberra as anything other than depth.

Shoe1

Journey Man
Weekes and Koula were the standouts of that manly junior team. Kaeo was always going to succeed. Timing was wrong at manly, but it is no surprise to see him ice games.

I held my head in despair when he kicked the early tackle chip for the cotric try against manly a few weeks ago.

He just needed time. Similar to Hynes.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Weekes and Koula were the standouts of that manly junior team. Kaeo was always going to succeed. Timing was wrong at manly, but it is no surprise to see him ice games.

I held my head in despair when he kicked the early tackle chip for the cotric try against manly a few weeks ago.

Time ????
Time does apply here . Only Affective Mentoring does
In No Time Stuart has Rookie Weekes playing like Pro

eaglebuzz

Bencher

He's only playing FG because Fogarty is injured. It looks as though he will turn out to be a good first grader but he'd be a depth half in our side, at that point it's a matter of how many dollars he can command vs how much he is worth to us.

KNUCKLES

Bencher

Well who would be a better coach to teach a young half coming into the NRL then Ricky Stuart? Definitely not a guy that couldn't even crack it in australia

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14