Koula Extended

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I mean, we create more opportunities for our transition centre, Garrick, on the other side…

Absolutely wasted. I don’t think I’ve ever noticed a player with so much talent, speed and potential be kept so quiet, game after game… and it’s not because opposition teams are doing it. We are doing it to him. I doubt opposition teams do too much homework on him in prep for our games. They just focus on Turbo.
It appears Seibold only focuses on TomT too

He hasn’t had the ball in one on one situations all season, this is an area Seibold needs to get on top of.

The sweep play is being over used with Tommy, we look very ordinary of late attacking on the left edge, I would like to see Garrick back on that left wing and some creativity in the ruck where the defenders are put in two minds.

100% agree

However that would require Seibold actually coaching a young player.

Absolutely wasted. I don’t think I’ve ever noticed a player with so much talent, speed and potential be kept so quiet, game after game… and it’s not because opposition teams are doing it. We are doing it to him. I doubt opposition teams do too much homework on him in prep for our games. They just focus on Turbo.

He should have gone to union where centres are battering rams.

Not sure what the coaching strategy or thinking is around Tolu. Clearly underutilised and seriously wasted thus far. The kid is arguably the fastest guy in the league with a great sidestep and very good defence but we only see him used as a battering ram rucking it out from our 20. There does not appear to be any set play or strategy or specific involvement within the opposition 20 or in the opposition half.

There is a very obvious positional move but I doubt the coaching staff would have the guts to do that.

The worry is he gets injured with this one out stuff against men twice his size and we’ve missed the opportunity for our own Reece Walsh… sadly speed goes with age and injuries…

I may be wrong (no doubt there are stats to prove it) but Koula seemed to make more breaks when he played on the right side. Whether that's to do with DCE or a natural step off one foot over the other I don't know. It just seemed strange to switch him to the left and Garrick to the right when they were both used to playing on the opposite side. Also who keeps up with Koula if he makes a break? There's only Saab in with a chance.

I may be wrong (no doubt there are stats to prove it) but Koula seemed to make more breaks when he played on the right side. Whether that's to do with DCE or a natural step off one foot over the other I don't know. It just seemed strange to switch him to the left and Garrick to the right when they were both used to playing on the opposite side. Also who keeps up with Koula if he makes a break? There's only Saab in with a chance.
Interesting, I was a huge advocate of moving Koula to the left as I felt he was underutilised on the right.

I felt DCE went Olakau'atu as the primary option, ran himself or cut out to Saab.

I think it is correct he needs to be more involved. Part of this is on Koula to be more assertive, part on Seibold to work up plays to utilise his strengths and part of Brooks who often goes the face ball to his edge backrower or out the back to Tom.

Sometimes the simple things work...just dish Koula the ball early.

Agree Koula is waiting to explode and is instead wasted ruining the ball back into brick walls.

Now that players are not allowed to touch fullbacks any more I’d like to see him at fullback. Tom at centre.

NYEagle
Like where he plays in origin, because there is a better choice for fullback

Though brooks would unlock koula, he has had scant quality ball this year, I think Brooke’s has Thrown more intercepts than early passes hitting koula

He is undoubtedly wasted, if Reuben can get the quality ball he does, then tolu should too

The extra space on the right has a lot to do with Guac attracting extra defenders.

Though brooks would unlock koula, he has had scant quality ball this year, I think Brooke’s has Thrown more intercepts than early passes hitting koula

He is undoubtedly wasted, if Reuben can get the quality ball he does, then tolu should too
Brooks order of operations goes
1. run
2. backrower off the hip
3. Turbo out the back
4. Hit Koula early

Would love to see more plays where 2 and 3 are decoys and Brooks drops Koula back on the inside.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11