Line speed and ruck area

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
WHY - Do Manly stand back and wait for the attacker to run at them with full momentum?
This explains why the heart is torn out through the middle as it gives them full control
On the flip side have the Manly players not watched Brown (when he plays) run the ball hard and fight to play the ball often winning a penalty or at least getting a quicker play which helps his team next tackle...Manly players look lacklustre in trying to play the ball and recently look at the ref for 5 minutes while the team are waiting to get on with the game - the opposition defence must love it.
The defence will keep leaking points while allowing the opposition to dominate this vital area.
AGAIN without trying to blame everything on DCE who looked terrible and confused again, these leaders including the Tom, Jake and even Brooks should be ripping heads off when the players lack intensity but seem to drop their heads demonstrating no fight to their peers who are desperately looking for that guidance and need a rocket....at least Brooks had a go along with Talau....can't think of another decent player tonight ??

WHY - Do Manly stand back and wait for the attacker to run at them with full momentum?
This explains why the heart is torn out through the middle as it gives them full control
On the flip side have the Manly players not watched Brown (when he plays) run the ball hard and fight to play the ball often winning a penalty or at least getting a quicker play which helps his team next tackle.
The defence will keep leaking points while allowing the opposition to dominate this vital area.
AGAIN without trying to blame everything on DCE who looked terrible and confused again, these leaders including the Tom, Jake and even Brooks should be ripping heads off when the players lack intensity but seem to drop their heads demonstrating no fight to their peers who are desperately looking for that guidance and need a rocket.

Not fit enough this lot. Too many blokes that just jog. Short cuts and near enough is good enough. Losing mentality is seeping into the walls of this club.

Change the leadership. It's not talent... it's lack of heart and fight and will to compete.

These are questions I ask when watching the game. Sure I get we can't maintain it for 80mins at full intensity, but we go from from 1 set where we look like we have good line speed.....to just no line speed for the next 4 or 5 sets. I get a little bit of energy preservation....but wtf??

And as for the leadership.......Ok I'm obviously an unashamed Killer fan, but it wasn't just him that would hold people to account the Stewarts, Watmough, Kingy, Kitey, Ballin, these were a team of leaders. Killer wouldn't lose his rag much, he didn't need to. But who can forget the 2013 Semi Final v the Rabbitohs? We go down early 14 or so points, and this is Souths Year to make the GF. Killer went off his nut.......led by example the rest of the team jumped to attention....and we had one of the greatest comebacks ever.

This team....the character and resilience is sadly lacking.

Sorry to say it. We’ve not made the 8 for a reason. The core of this team is very average. We are all out attack or nothing. We’ve been fooled by good marketing when really it’s the same product. Odds on Brisbane winning by 40+?

On the flip side have the Manly players not watched Brown (when he plays) run the ball hard and fight to play the ball often winning a penalty or at least getting a quicker play which helps his team next tackle.
AGAIN without trying to blame everything on DCE who looked terrible and confused again, these leaders including the Tom, Jake and even Brooks should be ripping heads off when the players lack intensity but seem to drop their heads demonstrating no fight to their peers who are desperately looking for that guidance and need a rocket.

Commitment, effort, toughness, fitness, mobility. We are way, WAY too heavy mate.

On the flip side have the Manly players not watched Brown (when he plays) run the ball hard and fight to play the ball often winning a penalty or at least getting a quicker play which helps his team next tackle...Manly players look lacklustre in trying to play the ball and recently look at the ref for 5 minutes while the team are waiting to get on with the game - the opposition defence must love it.
AGAIN without trying to blame everything on DCE who looked terrible and confused again, these leaders including the Tom, Jake and even Brooks should be ripping heads off when the players lack intensity but seem to drop their heads demonstrating no fight to their peers who are desperately looking for that guidance and need a rocket....at least Brooks had a go along with Talau....can't think of another decent player tonight ??
A lot of big bodies in the middle with not much leg speed along with fitness.

Bully - We need him in the middle, he changes the speed with quick play the balls.

Lodge - Getting fitter having to play extra minutes with injuries.

Sipley - he isn’t 100%, only played 23 minutes, looks to have come back to early.

Need a decent backrower who can play 80 minutes on the left edge and Brown playing at least 40 minutes will help.

A lot of big bodies in the middle with not much leg speed along with fitness.

Bully - We need him in the middle, he changes the speed with quick play the balls.

Lodge - Getting fitter having to play extra minutes with injuries.

Sipley - he isn’t 100%, only played 23 minutes, looks to have come back to early.

Need a decent backrower who can play 80 minutes on the left edge and Brown playing at least 40 minutes will help.
Good points, along with energy/effort , uou pretty much nailed some hard cold facts.....Ryan also seen this and it's very accurate

Our pack lacks mobility. The three tries given up before halftime was down to lazy defence, when nippy forwards run at them they just wilt and give up clumps of points. Unless this changes, we are making up the numbers!

We can't win in the rain. We've too many big blokes that get tired on heavy surfaces.
The two loss have also coincided with Guacca being suspended.
That's us done for another season. We are very small fish now in the NRL barrel. Most of the room is being taken up by Easts who get the pick of players every year.

Why pass to a standing start Paseka 10 metres out (1st half)? He should be running flat chat with smoke coming from his nose into the d-line. DCE/Brooks should be organising this stuff AND demanding it from our forwards.
A good hooker takes his forwards with him and created doubt at the ruck defence. Manly haven't had that for years so they compensate with huge blokes who have to strive that extra bit harder and then fatigue.

Marshall King showed that last night. GCKT was dynamic in the five minutes he got but was a wasted interchange. An example of Seibold coaching not to lose instead of to win.

Regarding the ruck, the team need to have a defensive call, like they do with attacking plays that asks players to rally and put an extra 5% effort to hold up the ball carrier and not just tackle them to the ground. This is how you slow the momentum and not give away 6agains. There is no reward for grass cutting tackles in this game as all it does is create quick play the balls for opposition and markers not in line. We are one of the best for one on one tackles but worst for gang tackles.

A good hooker takes his forwards with him and created doubt at the ruck defence. Manly haven't had that for years so they compensate with huge blokes who have to strive that extra bit harder and then fatigue.

Marshall King showed that last night. GCKT was dynamic in the five minutes he got but was a wasted interchange. An example of Seibold coaching not to lose instead of to win.
Totally agree. I feel sorry in some way for our front rowers. With no creation from dummy half they are hitting a wall each time and asked to do it all game. The defence is ready and waiting each time.

Problems is they can and have done exactly what's listed above. just only in a few particular games. we have the players who have the skill. I can only put it down to the coaching.

They just want to play offence. Also just pass it wide before actually making inroads in the middle. Anything but the tough stuff.

Add in kick pressure, cover defence, fighting for quick play the balls.

I didn't see how GCKT was at all dynamic in that match. He picked up the ball, passed a few times, made a few tackles then went off for a HIA. No steps out of DH and no runs with the ball.

I'm not ripping into him because he just did his job... but I don't see how those 5 minutes are enough to assess him.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10