Pre-Game Manly V Raiders [Round 9, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

24 26
4 Pines Park
03 May 2024 06:00 PM

Team Lists

Presuming DCE misses a week then JA is clearly in and will go OK; I will be interested to see how Brooks goes as the lead half, this is a chance to press his claims for SOO consideration. I would be tempted to start Nathan Brown at lock for this and Jake at prop, Lawton starting second row 3 middles and GCKT/Humphries on the bench. Possibly even Parker on bench if we wanted to be cautious about covering any injuries in the backs.

Presuming DCE misses a week then JA is clearly in and will go OK; I will be interested to see how Brooks goes as the lead half, this is a chance to press his claims for SOO consideration. I would be tempted to start Nathan Brown at lock for this and Jake at prop, Lawton starting second row 3 middles and GCKT/Humphries on the bench. Possibly even Parker on bench if we wanted to be cautious about covering any injuries in the backs.
DCE will either miss 3 weeks or nothing.

Dont see this as the game for Gordie.

The wet would negate his running game and the Raiders are a monster pack who play a power game meaning he would be particularly vulnerable in defense.

Dont see this as the game for Gordie.

The wet would negate his running game and the Raiders are a monster pack who play a power game meaning he would be particularly vulnerable in defense.
Funny, when I watched Canberra V Cronulla I thought the Faders looked a small side, completely monstered by the Sharks. With the exception of Tapine, I can't think of another Canberra player who is big.

Funny, when I watched Canberra V Cronulla I thought the Faders looked a small side, completely monstered by the Sharks. With the exception of Tapine, I can't think of another Canberra player who is big.
What about Papalii. Also I heard Whitehead will be back this week.

What really stood out in the the Faders Sharks game was the Faders defence on their try line, it was poor. You only need one good hit-up to skittle them and then it's virtually just a jog over and put down over the try line next tackle.

I guess some of their lads like Horsburgh, Guler and Whitehead arent playing atm so fair point.

You do still have Paps (119kg) Tapine (106kg) Mariota (107kg) Smithies (106kg) Mooney (106kg) though

I feel for Kao Weekes.

Correct me (please) but for a kid who came through as a full back he seems to have played everywhere else
IMO Weekes has not been given a shot at Fullback because of the better quality option players
At Manly We had Garrick and Koula as options
At the Raiders they have the superior Stewart
IMO Weekes is not a NRL quality , I am Glad we let him go

Thanks for Posting @The Wheel
I love this New Manly Guy
His back fence Hard Inspirational runs Inspire me to keep going back to the Gym and train Hard
One of his from the fence runs a couple of weeks seemed to inspire Nella who then just ran through the riff. Pretty sure we scored off that too.

He definitely one of the forward leader pieces we've been missing.

One of his from the fence runs a couple of weeks seemed to inspire Nella who then just ran through the riff. Pretty sure we scored off that too.

He definitely one of the forward leader pieces we've been missing.
100% with you there feathered friend @double hoops
Brown the B52 Manly Bomber may be past his Prime but not past his fiery Passion
Passion is the Explosive Energy that keeps us Raging at any age
1714460290195.png

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12