Pre-Game Manly V Raiders [Round 9, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

24 26
4 Pines Park
03 May 2024 06:00 PM

Team Lists

Whitehead will be a plus for them, he'll add some starch to their pack
The more bigger names they bring in
The Bigger our WIN
To Be the Best , We need to Beat the Best
Bring those Big Green Bustards in
MANLY WILL MILK THEM DRY !
1714460841521.png

MATCH OFFICIALS:

Grant Atkins
Referee

Phil Henderson
Touch Judge

Wyatt Raymond *
Touch Judge

Damian Brady
Standby Touch Judge

Adam "Six More against Manly " Gee
Senior Review Official

* Denotes standby referee.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like the side, the bench looks strong, good choice against the Raiders, fingers crossed there’s no issues across the backline.
Really happy to see Sips back and glad our skippers free to play, we shouldn’t be losing this one. Maybe Brookie will be a sell now, even if it rains.

Think he's been out for a while Ron, and playing on a heavy track he'll be gassed.
I remember it wasn't that long ago that we were rolled by the Raiders on a wet night at Brookie. Starling carved us up around the ruck when our big fellas got tired. Hopefully, we're a bit fitter than we were that night.

Agree , big fan of Bully but he’s a middle , doesn’t have the agility for an edge.
Let's really hope he has a massive blockbuster of a game.. he's got the speed and power.
And is a good defender.
If he is a success on an edge this could possible give us our strongest bench as Brown, Sipley, Lodge and Bullemor need to be in our 17.. if not then Ben T and Waddell will be permanent fixtures and even though i like them both on effort they just don't fill me with confidence nor do I think any opposition players worry about them.

I remember it wasn't that long ago that we were rolled by the Raiders on a wet night at Brookie. Starling carved us up around the ruck when our big fellas got tired. Hopefully, we're a bit fitter than we were that night.
This is still a big danger game.

Again it needs to be all about the attitude of our Manly men.

Our coach saved this team at half time last week.

There is an opportunity for our team to show some learnings. And a lot they can show us they have improved.

Defence.
Attitude.
Composure / Value ball possession.
Attitude.
Consistency.
Attitude

We should be able to beat the Raiders but after getting spanked by the Sharks, I do expect them to put in a better performance this week. If we play well and do the basics right, we should win comfortably.

We should be able to beat the Raiders but after getting spanked by the Sharks, I do expect them to put in a better performance this week. If we play well and do the basics right, we should win comfortably.
Correct. Don't worry about the opposition. If we play well then we win. The referee, weather, if it's a blue moon, if there's a y in the month, none of it matters.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10