Pre-Game Manly V Storm [Round 12, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

26 20
4 Pines Park
24 May 2024 08:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
You're right about that, Melbourne are a machine, nothing seems to phase them
Watched a lot of Melb this year and in all honesty not been that impressed. Tgey have snuck home in a number they could easily have lost. I feel we’ll get them at brookie. Then the bye, then out to Penrith for the double. From there we have a few easier ones that we need to ice v dragons and Souths then bye and cowboys. Knights and Titans. Takes us to rnd 20.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Well, it looks like the Flegg boys are on before the main game on Friday :)

Jersey Flegg Cup Kick Off Time:.... Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles v Wests Tigers: 6:00pm

Under the Sticks

The spirit of Mooney 🦅
Premium Member
No Munster, No Hughes, No Pappy, NAS in doubt, at home.

We usually get up for the storm mentally.

Eels showed what the fill-in Storm can do.

It's ours to lose and we probably will.

jim carrey harry GIF by Dumb and Dumber To

Rafferty

Mug punter
Not feeling it, that storm side is ruthless, they won’t miss Munster, Paps, Nelson, you could take a few more out and they’d still be in for the kill, Hughes is due back. Victory over them seems unlikely, in saying that be nice to get back in the winner’s circle before our bye.

Eagle 1

First Grader
Watched a lot of Melb this year and in all honesty not been that impressed. Tgey have snuck home in a number they could easily have lost. I feel we’ll get them at brookie. Then the bye, then out to Penrith for the double. From there we have a few easier ones that we need to ice v dragons and Souths then bye and cowboys. Knights and Titans. Takes us to rnd 20.
Agree, hopefully Sipley and Brown will be good to go and over there injury woes.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The game before origin selection DCE always plays in his best dinner suit. With munster in doubt, history suggests we will be playing touch footy this week, when involved

Did anyone see DCE crab across field and virtually put the ball up pasekas jumper rather than play it out . It was his first run after the sin bin return i think and it kind of sums it all up really, sideways and no way he was getting caught with it.

double hoops

First Grader
Melbourne will do every 1 per center. What ever team they put in the park will game manage well.

Effort. Their players will give it everything they've got and for 80.

I wish I could say the same about our Manly.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
The game before origin selection DCE always plays in his best dinner suit. With munster in doubt, history suggests we will be playing touch footy this week, when involved

Did anyone see DCE crab across field and virtually put the ball up pasekas jumper rather than play it out . It was his first run after the sin bin return i think and it kind of sums it all up really, sideways and no way he was getting caught with it.
While I agree, there was one particular moment where DCE ran the ball hard and straight into some space, and even pushed himself between defenders without any hesitation or sideways movement. I distinctly remember it because I was so shocked to see him do that based on his usual antics.

That said, DCE getting 2 Dally M points above any other Manly player is laughable.

Ben

Bencher

You could hear from the telly DCE was yelling at Paseka to drop under him but didn’t.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
While I agree, there was one particular moment where DCE ran the ball hard and straight into some space, and even pushed himself between defenders without any hesitation or sideways movement. I distinctly remember it because I was so shocked to see him do that based on his usual antics.

That said, DCE getting 2 Dally M points above any other Manly player is laughable.
Yeah , same response at my house. Did he just……., huh
Go Son but sadly………no more go

He seemed to be around the ruck more than ever. His presence at dummy half in the first half coincided with brooks playing more of a halfback role. Somethings getting tinkered with in spine town

As a result he found a few better positions to kick from generally as well.

Did he really get points ?

Chunkytuna

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member

I can't believe that he got 2 Daly M points. Ridiculous. If he played a better game than Tommy Talau or Koula, even Paseka etc - I'm an eskimo. He wasn't even in the top 6 or 7 Manly players on the field IMO. Just shows the judges are lazy - pick the first person that comes to mind. I'm surprised they didn't give Turbo a few points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14