Paul Kent in trouble again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Yeh he goes well for a front rower, I think Kent and Ikin were a good duo, hopefully Kent can get back to where he was.

Anasta he doesn’t have the nous for me.

This was some insight to what happened after the tree event.

Anasta just seems to antagonize the journos and carry’s on like a drama merchant. He also seems quick to anger and challenge others. Ikin was ten times better imo.

To be fair, the one punch situation is where someone is ‘king hit’ without expecting it. Two blokes Shaping up and fighting is nothing like that - albeit it’s still idiotic and oafish behaviour.
Not always ... I knew a young man who, while inebriated, had a face to face punch up with his best mate, both pissed the one punch knocked him out and he fell, hit his head and died ... to drunk to see the punch that hit him ...

All I know if my old mate was drunk and acting like a fukwit, trying to start something when the other party was retreating and backing off, I would have restrained him. I certainly wouldn't have allowed it to play out like it did, nor go after the other guy and do damage to his head. Just shows the type of friends Kenty has. An old wog saying, if you want to know a person you need to find out more about his friends.
Kenty needs to grow up and take accountability for his choices. He has lost all credibility as a media commentator.

Not always ... I knew a young man who, while inebriated, had a face to face punch up with his best mate, both pissed the one punch knocked him out and he fell, hit his head and died ... to drunk to see the punch that hit him ...
This is my point exactly re punch ons etc

Yep, I'm not saying punching on is fine or not dangerous. I was just making the point that the 'one punch' 'campaign' (for want of a better word) started following a series of fatal and non-fatal unprovoked 'king hits' - which I believe is what the comment I was referring to, had referenced. I would think it's a very rare occurrence for unfortunate incidents like happened to the young fella you knew, but yes, I agree, punching and fighting is both idiotic and can be dangerous.

The NSW ‘one punch’ law they brought in includes any unlawful assault, definitely doesn’t have to be a surprise ‘king hit’ etc. @Chunkytuna

If you decide to punch on with someone and it goes wrong and they are hurt or killed, you’ve committed an offence. The NSW law doesn’t even require the danger to be reasonably foreseeable – if you hit & they die as a direct or indirect result, s25A applies. If you’re pissed the penalty is even higher!

Those (this bit not aimed at you chunky) who try to perpetuate the macho myth that real Aussie men should settle things with fist fights [as P Kent did explicitly on 360 last year, saying 'sometimes you just need to give 'em a smack in the mouth'] are falling for a ridiculous placebo for actual manliness and bravery. For men to think whacking is a great way to enforce respect is laughable. Absolutely we (men and women) need to be prepared to fight physically in our defence. But seriously - Some stranger looks at me sideways in the street, let’s Go! Oh yeah, but when your boss says sorry, I know you’ve worked here for 20 years but we’re moving the factory to SE Asia, thanks for everything, goodbye!’ what will our macho hero do? Probably just say, ‘Oh. Bugger. Ok, bye!’ And if the landlord kicks him out because they got a good offer from a developer, what will our macho hero do? Probably say “oh. Bugger. OK, bye!’ No doubt feeling shame and impotence at their inability to actually provide security for their own family (and probably the missus and kids will end up bearing the brunt of their resultant bad mood) but hey, if any stranger offends them in the street, boy oh boy they know how to prove what a real man they are.

OK that’s a bit of a rant, and I'd rather avoid getting into big back-and-forths here these days, but there’s a couple of my thoughts, just for the hell of it!

(Oh and by the way, if someone gets hurt it’s no defence that you both shaped up to each other. You can’t consent to serious harm.)

Just been listening to Levels podcast, and between all Willie Masons laughing at Kent, their view is spot on, if you’re in a position where you’re going to be super critical of others, you need to be squeaky clean yourself. Acting like an 18 year old at a festival that has just discovered things when you’re 50 plus isn’t going to cut it

They then mentioned Danny Weidler who throws a lot of darts out, but he doesn’t drink and stays home and is never in any situation like this

I watched the video and boy was that was an act of drunken stupidity taking off his watch and shaping up to fight. Old enough to know better. We make poor decisions when our better judgment is impaired by too much grog. When drinking starts to get you into trouble its time to give it up.

Another article up at the SMH. I did not know that the penalties for affray are higher than those for common assault.

Paul Kent charged with affray over late-night brawl

by Chris ("Not Trent") Barrett

Fox Sports co-host and Daily Telegraph journalist Paul Kent has been charged with affray over a street fight in Sydney’s inner west on Saturday night.

In a statement released on Wednesday, NSW Police said it had charged a 54-year-old man in relation to the brawl.

The rugby league identity had clashed with another man outside a restaurant in Sydney’s inner west. Both men have now been charged with affray by police.

The criminal charge for affray is more serious than common assault and has a maximum jail sentence of 10 years.

“About 11.20pm on Saturday 27 April 2024, two men allegedly engaged in a verbal argument before they became involved in a physical altercation outside a restaurant on Evans Street, Rozelle,” the police statement said.

“Officers attached to Leichhardt Police Area Command were notified and commenced an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the incident.

“On Sunday 28 April 2024, a 35-year-old man was charged and remains before the courts. Following further inquiries, a 54-year-old man was arrested at Newtown police station today.

“He was charged with one count of affray. The 54-year-old was granted bail to appear before Downing Centre Local Court on Friday 24 May 2024.”

Vision of the altercation taken on a phone camera and distributed on social media showed Kent accusing another man of making an insulting remark towards him as he walked past Totti’s Restaurant, a venue within the Three Weeds hotel.

Branding the man a “doghead”, he resisted efforts to restrain him, taking off his watch before appearing to shape up to the man and charge at him as he backed away across the street outside the nightspot. As the clash intensified, Kent was shown on the footage to have been hurled head-first into the stump of a roadside tree.

He had been in hospital receiving treatment and having tests on a possible collapsed lung and broken ribs, his lawyer George Elias said on Tuesday.

Kent was on Sunday stood down by employer News Corp from his co-hosting duties on Fox’s flagship NRL 360 program and from his other role writing sports columns for the Daily Telegraph while the media company carried out its own investigation.

He had been drinking at the Sackville Hotel, which is also in Rozelle, since early afternoon on Saturday.

The 35-year-old man who was confronted by Kent and tossed him into the base of the tree was also hurt in the incident.

A photograph of him shows he was left with a huge lump on the back of his head after being tackled into a footpath by a third man, who had initially tried to hold back Kent. He reported suffering episodes of vomiting and a persistent headache as a result of the injury and after being attended to in hospital on Tuesday was told by medical staff he was experiencing symptoms of concussion that were likely to take weeks to improve.

Veteran Sydney criminal defence lawyer Chris Murphy, who is representing the man, said on Tuesday that his client had been out for dinner with his wife and another couple at Totti’s on Saturday night and were about to travel home when the run-in with Kent took place.

Returning to his Lilyfield home on Wednesday with his lawyer George Elias, Kent declined to give his version of events on the weekend.

“I’m not going to tell you, mate. It’s going to court, you’ll get to see all that then,” he told reporters in a video published by the Daily Mail.

“It’s all fine. I’m just getting on with it, getting on with life, going through what has got to be done. I’m disappointed but such is life, mate. Things happen. You get up and go again. Simple as that.”

Asked about the extent of his injuries, he replied with a smile: “A couple of ribs are probably not like they should be. You win them, you wear them, mate, you know what I mean? Such is life, who cares? It’s done. Can’t change it now. All the best.”

Watching the video I would say there is a strong chance he will also get charged by Police with Affray. Will be interesting to see how he then pleads. Just from the Video, I don't think there is any doubt about affray so his best shot might be to plead Guilty but with mitigating circumstances around Incitement and Provocation. Something must have triggered that over-the-top response from him you would think. If that defence holds up, then the Magistrate would likely not record a conviction. He lives to fight another day!!! Will be interesting to see this second Kent saga unfold.
Now that he has been charged, will be interesting to see how he plays this through the court. He needs a good lawyer because if convicted then I think this will almost certainly torpedo his career.

Classic stuff here:

paul 1-5-24a.png

And then:

paul 1-5-24b.png

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12