[Resurrected] Penn reveals emotionaly draining rebuild

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
He is the Colin Robinson (the energy vampire from ‘What We Do In The Shadows’) of rugba league. Colin sucks the life out of people just by being near them.

Scott and his family (secretly in the employ of the North Sydney Bears) have done the same to a once powerful football club.

Colin:
IMG_9750.jpeg

Scott:
IMG_9749.jpeg

He looks like a vampire.

Real Deal

Reserve Grader
Terry, in that photo he looks a lot like the old camp American comic, Paul Lynde. Paul might manage the club better. It's the stupid grin that gets me.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Rugby League, like all businesses, is about the bottom line and outcomes. As a businessman he knows that. I'm sure his heart is yearning for success with the Sea Eagles. However the last nine years have been among the least successful years in a row Manly has experienced. As a businessman, he must realise that his efforts have been at best disappointing. He's had the chance to sell off the club but has resisted, and I wonder if its more through pride than business common sense. I dont doubt he loves the club. I just think he's become a square peg in a round hole for the Sea Eagles. Perhaps he'll turn it around, but outcomes so far suggest little progress and just as with Schuster, at some point you have to throw the towel in.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Lets add a bit of balance of Penn Power to this thread ....
At the end of the day Mr Penn has the last laugh
He has Beautiful Woman at his fingertips
and the Legendary Manly Club at his Door Step
1715918505051.png

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Loved Paul Lynde. A favourite comedian. Hope Penn isn't also one of that ilk. Like to think he takes it more seriously.

Rafferty

Mug punter
Penn should get out, if it’s been emotionally draining for him, we haven’t enjoyed the success we’re use to, it’s time to sell up and let someone bring the money, the energy and the ability.

In stark contrast, just finished ready a piece on old Mr Politis, his been involved with the chickens for 48 years, loves the place, been chairman for 32 years, taken the chook pen from near bankruptcy in the 90’s to being one of the most powerful clubs in the league.

The chooks have a property portfolio of over 200m, which the uncle no doubt assisted from his own personal wealth said to be 2.8 Billion. We need big business to get behind our club or a benefactor like the uncle, if Penns drained he should put the club in front of his personal motivation, as a life long supporter, I’m becoming a little drained myself trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel, maybe a win tonight could cheer me up a little, but the underlying facts remain the facts and we need more than Penns able to offer the club.

Real Deal

Reserve Grader
Why would the Penns get out? This has been a very profitable investment for them
I guess that is half (or most) of the problem. Middling clubs like Manly do not have much on field success, yet still rake in cash. There is little incentive to achieve much when you are profitable with few recent trophies.

Sadly unless something changes, clubs like ours will be like the Tigers, Dragons and maybe one or two others. Hovering around positions 10 and lower, occasionally getting into the 8 and thinking it is a great success.

The rivers of television cash and associated gambling revenue mean there is little motivation to climb the highest mountain of premiership success. Or am I being too pessimistic?

Last edited:
  • 👍
Reactions: lsz

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
I guess that is half (or most) of the problem. Middling clubs like Manly do not have much on field success, yet still rake in cash. There is little incentive to achieve much when you are profitable with few recent trophies.

Sadly unless something changes, clubs like ours will be like the Tigers, Dragons and maybe one or two others. Hovering around positions 10 and lower, occasionally getting into the 8 and thinking it is a great success.

The rivers of television cash and associated gambling revenue mean their is little motivation to climb the highest mountain of premiership success. Or am I being too pessimistic?
Honestly no

The perceived benefit v the risk is not there for some owners

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14