Pre-Game Roosters v Manly [Round 23, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

26 16
Sydney Cricket Ground
03 Aug 2023 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think that Weekes should have been selected on the wing. Great to have Ben back and looking forward to seeing Schuster have a long overdue blinder. We need to throw everything into this one and sneak back into the top 8.

I’d really , really , love a win ( we all would of course ) but it sure as **** ain’t going to be easy.

There’s little doubt where they’ll attack us , straight up the guts , which will lead to a bombathon into Vaega’s wing.

If we had Paseka we’d be at least in the fight , but unless something really strange happens , and the Rorters drop their chops, I am not seeing this as a win.

Yeah they’ve been **** , but boy oh boy have the media given it to them this past week , so you can be assured , they won’t need firing up.

We are pretty screwed at this point, too many injuries to key players. Even if we make the 8 we won't have the cattle to make a serious tilt at the finals.
Let's be honest mate, another season shot 2 minutes into SOO 2....and still waiting for this fullback replacement ??
Hello - do we take advantage of the rules like every other club, I realise the RTS idea went South but surely could have added someone if we were serious about competing.
Win 3 on the trot this week and at least keep us Silvertails happy for another week....

Let's be honest mate, another season shot 2 minutes into SOO 2....and still waiting for this fullback replacement ??
And conversely Newcastle are (despite being on the same points as us) travelling along nicely courtesy of their SOO quality fullback.

Sure every season every team can point to games they let slide, but Manly letting 3 competition points behind from the Rd 4 (Souths) and Rd 5 (Knights) games, that the team should have had locked up as wins well before golden point, has been dogging Manly all season and will in the end be the team's undoing for the Top 8 chase.

A Manly win vs Souths in Rd 4 would have today Manly on 27 points in 6th place and Souths on 24.

Let's look at some positives. We have greatly improved our defence over the past 3 or 4 games. Koula and Saab have hit a purple patch. DCE is in career best form as is Garrick. We are starting to look more dangerous in attack. If Shuster can go up a gear or two we could really cause the Roosters some problems tomorrow night.

Manly 26 Roosters 20

Sure every season every team can point to games they let slide, but Manly letting 3 competition points behind from the Rd 4 (Souths) and Rd 5 (Knights) games, that the team should have had locked up as wins well before golden point, has been dogging Manly all season and will in the end be the team's undoing for the Top 8 chase.

A Manly win vs Souths in Rd 4 would have today Manly on 27 points in 6th place and Souths on 24.

If, maybe, whatever. The sharks should have beaten us a couple of weeks ago except the fullback kicked instead of passing to unmarked players.
We were lucky to beat the dragons last week and lucky to beat Roosters in the first round. We could be close to last if we lost all those matches.

No use crying over split milk - we just need to beat Roosters this week, then go again.

Good to see the team training on Nth Sydney oval today to try and get used to the different orientation of playing on a cricket ground. Very easy to lose your bearings on the different shaped ground.
Was just about to ask this question why they had it there but that makes perfect sense as to why!!

Hello - do we take advantage of the rules like every other club, I realise the RTS idea went South but surely could have added someone if we were serious about competing.
Win 3 on the trot this week and at least keep us Silvertails happy for another week....
The club decided we didn't need to uses the $350k. They have faith that Ray Ray will do a job against his tall, athletically superior Roosters winger tomorrow night. Perhaps we might be watching Jaxson Paulo debut tomorrow night if we had owners who were wealthy enough to spend the cash.

The club decided we didn't need to uses the $350k. They have faith that Ray Ray will do a job against his tall, athletically superior Roosters winger tomorrow night. Perhaps we might be watching Jaxson Paulo debut tomorrow night if we had owners who were wealthy enough to spend the cash.
Its not 350k free money, its 350k salary cap relief. The money has to come out of Penns pocket. That's why we haven't signed anyone. Uncle Nick would've stumped up immediately and thrown in 18 holes @ $1000/hole.

Its not 350k free money, its 350k salary cap relief. The money has to come out of Penns pocket. That's why we haven't signed anyone. Uncle Nick would've stumped up immediately and thrown in 18 holes @ $1000/hole.
Yeah I think that is ultimately the reason. Why burn $350k if you privately think we are already f**ked for the year?

If, maybe, whatever. The sharks should have beaten us a couple of weeks ago except the fullback kicked instead of passing to unmarked players.
We were lucky to beat the dragons last week and lucky to beat Roosters in the first round. We could be close to last if we lost all those matches.

No use crying over split milk - we just need to beat Roosters this week, then go again.
The last couple of weeks have convinced me that if we had just one more good prop (i.e. Lodge) from the start of the year, we would have probably won a few more of those close games and would be in the Top 4 right now.

The last couple of weeks have convinced me that if we had just one more good prop (i.e. Lodge) from the start of the year, we would have probably won a few more of those close games and would be in the Top 4 right now.
Agree, look at the Broncs, start with Haas and Carrington Then follow up with Flegler...god I'm envious.

Add a Turbo at fullback, yes absolutely.

Let's look at some positives. We have greatly improved our defence over the past 3 or 4 games. Koula and Saab have hit a purple patch. DCE is in career best form as is Garrick. We are starting to look more dangerous in attack. If Shuster can go up a gear or two we could really cause the Roosters some problems tomorrow night.

Manly 26 Roosters 20
Every time you have posted a positive against the odds prediction we have had our asses handed to us on a plate.

Good to see the team training on Nth Sydney oval today to try and get used to the different orientation of playing on a cricket ground. Very easy to lose your bearings on the different shaped ground.
Also, the crowd wont be up close and personal at the SCG compared to grounds made for R league.

• 👍
Reactions: JBW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12