Tim simona....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

yokahontas

Bencher
Very few people beat a drug habit in jail. Fact.

Very true. I have a cousin who's been in and out of jail her entire adult life. She comes out a bit 'cleaner' but certainly not clean - it's like a holding pattern because she doesn't have access to quite the amount or selection inside, but she definitely has regular access to something...and then of course, once you get parole, you go twice as hard to make up for it.

yokahontas

Bencher
That wasn't my point.

Point was that lawyers keep getting these guys rehab, instead of scaring them with the reality of a lockup

Obviously it is still their choice to change or not. But at least they taste the bleak alternative if they don't :eek:

I think that the Ben Cousins thing is a bit of a beat-up though.

Bear in mind, the restraining order breaches he keeps getting charged for don't involve assaults etc, they've been phone calls/texts and turning up at places in an attempt to see his kids. Don't get me wrong, I can understand why you wouldn't want a drug addict having unsupervised access to kids (you'd think they could sort out some sort of arrangement with his parents supervising visitation or similar), but doing things like inviting him into the yard to play with them, then calling the cops to say "he's here, come and arrest him" is a bit low. I'm assuming she must've sorted out her own addiction issues (given she now has custody of the children) - I guess it's true that there's nobody as sanctimonious as a reformed addict?

I feel for the kids, neither parent gave them a great start in life. But as much as Cousins has ruined his own life, you do have to feel for a guy who also obviously desperately wants contact with his kids.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
I think that the Ben Cousins thing is a bit of a beat-up though.

Bear in mind, the restraining order breaches he keeps getting charged for don't involve assaults etc, they've been phone calls/texts and turning up at places in an attempt to see his kids. Don't get me wrong, I can understand why you wouldn't want a drug addict having unsupervised access to kids (you'd think they could sort out some sort of arrangement with his parents supervising visitation or similar), but doing things like inviting him into the yard to play with them, then calling the cops to say "he's here, come and arrest him" is a bit low. I'm assuming she must've sorted out her own addiction issues (given she now has custody of the children) - I guess it's true that there's nobody as sanctimonious as a reformed addict?

I feel for the kids, neither parent gave them a great start in life. But as much as Cousins has ruined his own life, you do have to feel for a guy who also obviously desperately wants contact with his kids.
Cousins has menaced strangers on the roads too. The family access is just the latest incident in his increasingly unstable behaviour. But 300+ calls/texts monthly is stalking!

Simona is young enough to start again at least @:cool:

yokahontas

Bencher
Cousins has menaced strangers on the roads too. The family access is just the latest incident in his increasingly unstable behaviour. But 300+ calls/texts monthly is stalking!

Simona is young enough to start again at least @:cool:

Stalking it may be, but they both should be adults about it and sort out some sort of workable arrangement for him to see his kids occasionally. It's a totally different situation to stalking a stranger - there's a clear reason why he's trying to contact her, and she's not blameless in terms of escalating it.

My ex bombarded me with hundreds of phone calls in the two days after I dumped him; I was very, very conscious of not escalating it, so I contacted a couple of his family members and his lawyer so they could make it clear how badly it would go for him if I was forced to call the cops. Miraculously, the calls stopped about an hour after I spoke to the lawyer, and there hasn't been one since. There are options other than pushing buttons so you can get the other party locked up.

TBH, what he has done apart from that has posed a danger largely to himself, not others. If he was, say, schizophrenic and exhibiting the same behaviour, he'd be sectioned under the mental health act, not jailed. I highly doubt 5 or 6 months in jail will do anything to straighten him out, whereas a 12 month residential rehab program is probably the only option with a fighting chance of sorting his problems out long-term.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
12 6 6 -39 14